abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_181508325
A final statement from Sen. John McCain, who died Saturday at 81, read by his spokesman Rick Davis:

quote:
My fellow Americans, whom I have gratefully served for 60 years, and especially my fellow Arizonians, thank you for the privilege of serving you and for the rewarding life that service in uniform and in public office has allowed me to lead. I've tried to serve our country honorably. I've made mistakes, but I hope my love for America will be weighed favorably against them. I've often observed that I am the luckiest person on Earth. I feel that way even now as I prepare for the end of my life. I've loved my life, all of it.

I've had experiences, adventures, friendships enough for ten satisfying lives and I am so thankful. Like most people, I have regrets but I would not trade a day of my life in good or bad times for the best day of anybody else's. I owe the satisfaction to the love of my family. One man has never had a more loving wife or children he was prouder of than I am of mine. And I owe it to America to be connected with America's causes, liberty, equal justice, respect for the dignity of all people brings happiness more sublime that life's fleeting pleasures. Our identities and sense of worth are not circumscribed but are enlarged by serving good causes bigger than ourselves.

Fellow Americans, that association has meant more to me than any other. I lived and died a proud American. We are citizens of the world's greatest republic. A nation of ideals, not blood and soil. We are blessed and a blessing to humanity when we uphold and advance those ideals at home and in the world. We have helped liberate more people from tyranny and poverty than ever before in history. We have acquired great wealth and power in the progress. We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe. We weaken it when we hide behind walls rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals rather than trust them to be the great force for change they have always been. We are 325 million opinionated, vociferous individuals. We argue and compete and sometimes even vilify each other in our raucous public debates.

But, we have always had so much more in common with each other than in disagreement. If only we remember that and give each other the benefit of the presumption that we all love our country, we'll get through these challenging times. We will come through them stronger than before. We always do. Ten years ago, I had the privilege to concede defeat in the election for president. I want to end my farewell to you with heartfelt faith in Americans that I felt so powerfully that evening. I feel it powerfully still. Do not despair of our present difficulties, we believe always in the promise and greatness of America because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit, we never surrender, we never hide from history, we make history. Farewell fellow Americans. God bless you and god bless America.
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
pi_181508437
thehill twitterde op maandag 27-08-2018 om 20:58:06 Poll: Beto O'Rourke within 1 point of Cruz in Texas Senate race https://t.co/Voxe6n91OD https://t.co/eKO0YOlQUS reageer retweet
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
pi_181508878
Draadje:
SethAbramson twitterde op maandag 27-08-2018 om 21:18:31 BREAKING NEWS: "True Pundit," who spread the Russia-born "Pizzagate" conspiracy about Clinton's emails just days before Election Day 2016—with Team Trump's help—has outed himself as Michael Moore, former employee of......ex-RNC Finance Chair Steve Wynn. https://t.co/H89SaTQlaA reageer retweet
Notorious Pro-Trump Misinformation Site True Pundit Is Run By An Ex-Journalist With A Grudge Against The FBI

How former-award-winning journalist Michael D Moore came to run a site filled with false reports and conspiracies.

quote:
Days after former FBI lawyer Lisa Page testified in a closed-door meeting with the House Oversight and Government Reform and House Judiciary committees, pro-Trump website True Pundit published an explosive — and false — report about what she said.

The article cited anonymous “well-placed FBI sources” to claim Page revealed that Chinese hackers had accessed Hillary Clinton’s private server, stolen her emails, intercepted hundreds of top-secret documents including even the president's daily schedule — and that the FBI knew about it and did nothing.

In response, Page’s lawyer spoke publicly to say the story was unequivocally false. Even Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert — who has pushed the as-yet unproven claim that a foreign power “other than Russia” gained access to Clinton’s server — disputed the story about Page. He told Fox News she “apparently didn’t know” about anything related to China, directly contradicting True Pundit.

Regardless, the false story generated more than 22,000 shares, reactions, and comments on Facebook, and was a hit on Twitter, where famed Trump supporter Bill Mitchell shared it. (The story was also copied by notorious fake news peddler YourNewsWire, which generated another 77,000 Facebook engagements.)

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
As Moore has demonstrated over the last two years, there’s a fake angle for every real story. ●

Connecting Michael D. Moore to True Pundit and Thomas Paine

Before he became Thomas Paine, Moore was @HockeyIntel on Twitter. With that account, he showed a particular interest in smaller leagues such as the United States Premier Hockey League. He also displayed the same combativeness and ego that would come to the forefront when he later switched to @Thomas1774Paine. (Twitter allows people to swap one username for another and keep their followers and old timeline.)

But prior to taking on his Paine account and persona, Moore unwittingly left enough clues on his old hockey account to connect the dots.

As part of his research into True Pundit, Zachary Elwood collected old tweets that referenced @HockeyIntel. BuzzFeed News noted that another Twitter account, @Dig_Dirt, often replied to threads to support @HockeyIntel’s comments.

In one 2014 tweet, @Dig_Dirt jumped in on a thread between @HockeyIntel and another account. The phrasing of the tweet (“As a parent … we know the scoop.”) suggested the same person might be running both @Dig_Dirt and @HockeyIntel:

That account had earlier shared a YouTube video of a young defenseman with the last name Moore. The person running @Dig_Dirt also spoke about the player in another tweet as if they were his parent. From there, BuzzFeed News was able to determine that the player’s father is Michael D. Moore. Research on Moore quickly revealed he fit all of the disclosed characteristics of Thomas Paine’s real identity.

Another link between Moore and True Pundit is that the @Thomas1774Paine Twitter account has twice praised tweets sent from the Twitter account of the sports apparel company run by Moore’s son, the former hockey player.

In the end, Moore’s careful work to conceal his true identity was undone by a sockpuppet account and a father’s pride.

CORRECTION

Seth Abramson's Twitter thread about True Pundit and Thomas Paine argued that the site was being fed information by “a cadre of pro-Trump FBI agents and intel officers — some active, some retired — [who] conspired to swing the election to Trump.” He did not claim that these people were running the site.
  maandag 27 augustus 2018 @ 23:21:38 #129
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_181509094
quote:
6s.gif Op maandag 27 augustus 2018 22:42 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
A final statement from Sen. John McCain, who died Saturday at 81, read by his spokesman Rick Davis:

[..]

Sorry hoor, maar dit vind ik echt :r
Amerikaans superioriteitsdenken en holle frasen-galore.
"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither" Benjamin Franklin
  maandag 27 augustus 2018 @ 23:31:57 #130
66582 Monolith
geniaal
pi_181509315
quote:
6s.gif Op maandag 27 augustus 2018 22:46 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
thehill twitterde op maandag 27-08-2018 om 20:58:06 Poll: Beto O'Rourke within 1 point of Cruz in Texas Senate race https://t.co/Voxe6n91OD https://t.co/eKO0YOlQUS reageer retweet
21% undecided is nog wel erg veel. Maar een mens mag hopen. :P
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
  maandag 27 augustus 2018 @ 23:37:04 #131
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181509449
Kushner Cos. fined $210K by New York for false documents

quote:
The Kushner family real estate company has been fined $210,000 by New York City regulators following an Associated Press investigation that showed it routinely filed false documents with the city claiming it had no rent-regulated tenants in its buildings when it, in fact, had hundreds.

The city buildings department on Monday fined the Kushner Cos. for filing 42 false applications for construction work on more than a dozen buildings when presidential adviser Jared Kushner ran the business.

The false documents allowed the company to escape extra scrutiny during construction that watchdog group Housing Rights Initiative has said led to harassment of low-paying, rent-regulated tenants to get them to leave.

The Kushner Cos. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
  maandag 27 augustus 2018 @ 23:41:50 #132
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181509542
NatashaBertrand twitterde op maandag 27-08-2018 om 23:10:18 Roger Stone says in an Instagram video that a story is coming in The New Yorker which says Stone explicitly told Trump in October 2016 that WikiLeaks had/was going to dump the Podesta emails. https://t.co/GrQC8eIB8c reageer retweet
  maandag 27 augustus 2018 @ 23:44:35 #133
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181509592
Manafort Sought Deal in Next Trial, but Talks Broke Down

Negotiations stalled after Mueller raised issues

quote:
Paul Manafort’s defense team held talks with prosecutors to resolve a second set of charges against the former Trump campaign chairman before he was convicted last week, but they didn’t reach a deal, and the two sides are now moving closer to a second trial next month, according to people familiar with the matter.

The plea discussions occurred as a Virginia jury was spending four days deliberating tax and bank fraud charges against Mr. Manafort, the people said. That jury convicted him on eight counts and deadlocked on 10 others. Prosecutors accused Mr. Manafort of avoiding taxes on more than $16 million he earned in the early 2010s through political consulting work in Ukraine.

The plea talks on the second set of charges stalled over issues raised by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, one of the people said. It isn’t clear what those issues were, and the proposed terms of the plea deal couldn’t immediately be determined.

Representatives for Messrs. Manafort and Mueller declined to comment.

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
kylegriffin1 twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 00:45:23 Interest contrast: Just last week, Trump praised Manafort, tweeting, "unlike Michael Cohen, he refused to 'break'." https://t.co/SqlFBaIIUc reageer retweet

[ Bericht 9% gewijzigd door Kijkertje op 28-08-2018 00:50:12 ]
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 00:55:03 #134
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181510355
Judges say N.C. congressional districts unconstitutionally gerrymandered to help GOP; new districts may be required before November

quote:
A panel of three federal judges held Monday that North Carolina’s congressional districts were unconstitutionally gerrymandered to aid Republicans over Democrats, and said it may require new districts before the November elections, possibly affecting control of the House.

The judges acknowledged that primary elections have already produced candidates for the 2018 elections but said they were reluctant to let elections take place in congressional districts that courts have twice found violate constitutional standards.
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 02:23:49 #135
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181510698
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 27 augustus 2018 20:01 schreef Nintex het volgende:

De advocaat van Cohen heeft zijn grootste keutel ingetrokken
jdawsey1 twitterde op maandag 27-08-2018 om 00:33:18 Lanny Davis, Michael Cohen's lawyer, tells the Post on the record that he was saying things he did not know to be true. https://t.co/gLmhRo6v9i reageer retweet
Can't stump the T R U M P :7
SethAbramson twitterde op maandag 27-08-2018 om 01:36:38 I think many will misread this news. As I said earlier this week, Davis needs to walk back his claims because making those claims publicly hurt his client by (a) angering Mueller, and (b) teasing what Cohen has in a way that hurts his bargaining position. https://t.co/npgRPdKIMy reageer retweet
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 02:50:03 #136
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181510740
kylegriffin1 twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 02:30:29 The General Services Administration I.G. has released an in-depth report showing that Trump was involved in scuttling plans by the FBI to build a new headquarters that would have created large construction zones near Trump's D.C. hotel.https://t.co/7DV9xWAsl9 reageer retweet
IG Confirms Trump’s Involvement in FBI Headquarters Project Across From His Hotel

Democratic congressman says new report shows ‘conspiracy theories’ are true

quote:
President Donald Trump was more intimately involved in the debate over relocating the FBI headquarters than Congress was told, a new inspector general report finds.

Rep. Gerald E. Connolly, a Democrat representing parts of Northern Virginia, said the report he requested from the General Services Administration IG confirmed his suspicions that the president was involved in the decision to scrap plans to vacate the J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building on Pennsylvania Avenue, and move the agency to a campus location in either the Maryland or Virginia suburbs.

“When we began this investigation, the prospect that President Trump was personally involved in the government-led redevelopment of a property in close proximity to the Trump Hotel was dismissed as a conspiracy theory,” Connolly said in a statement. “Now, the president’s involvement in this multi-billion-dollar government procurement which will directly impact his bottom line has been confirmed by the White House Press Secretary and government photographs.”

SPOILER
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 03:23:31 #137
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181510795
Missie volbracht. Beloning: baan bij BP :')

Top interior staffer who backed shrinking national monuments to join BP

quote:
A Department of Interior official who oversaw last year’s drive to shrink two massive national monuments in Utah has left the department to join BP’s government affairs team, a spokesman for the energy giant confirmed Monday.

Former deputy chief of staff Downey Magallanes served as a top adviser to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke from the time he took over the department. Her portfolio included policy as well as operations, which encompassed a push to expand oil, gas and mining production on public lands and in federal waters.

“Downey was an incredible asset and I trusted her to carry out some of the Administration’s highest priority projects,” the secretary said in a statement. “She will be missed in our office and I wish her all the best.”

Magallanes left Interior last week and will join BP just after Labor Day.

SPOILER
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 04:11:41 #138
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181510856
NewsHour twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 01:06:25 Could Cindy McCain replace her late husband in the Senate?"It would follow a long tradition of wives being named to their husband's seats after their husband has died," says @tamarakeithNPR, pointing out that, historically, that's one way women have gotten into Congress. https://t.co/lTtxlVGYkh reageer retweet
JohnWDean twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 02:38:09 Although this was John McCain’s last wish, Mitch McConnell will probably quietly move to block it fearing Cindy might vote with the Democrats against the anti-choice Kavanaugh, or for pro-immigrant policies her late husband sought along with other thinking Arizonans. https://t.co/JsMYLwVQ42 reageer retweet
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 05:47:40 #139
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_181511082
quote:
1s.gif Op maandag 27 augustus 2018 23:31 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

En flink in het voordwel van O'Rourke. Als 21% twijfelt over de zittende politicus deed die iets niet goed.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 06:14:08 #140
3928 Ulx
pi_181511206
https://www.politico.com/(...)jeff-sessions-797854

Volgens Falwell & the Evangelicals moet Sessions ontslagen worden omdat de AG het waagt de wet boven Trunp te plaatsen.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 06:46:01 #141
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_181511278
Over Sessions gesproken:

quote:
The systematic “zero-tolerance” policy of removing children from their parents, as a means of deterring future migrant arrivals, was in effect for just six weeks. During that time, more than 2,600 minors were confiscated from their mothers and fathers and sent to government-run facilities. The most recent data, current as of Aug. 20, show that 528 of them — about a fifth — remain separated from their parents, most under the auspices of the Office of Refugee Resettlement, an agency in the Department of Health and Human Services.

Bron
quote:
I asked the current Administration official whether the outcry over family separation had caught the government by surprise. It had, the official said. “The expectation was that the kids would go to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, that the parents would get deported, and that no one would care.” Yet, when it became clear that the public did, the Administration chose not to change course.

Bron
:')
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 07:35:15 #142
3928 Ulx
pi_181511492
Op Breitbart zeggen de reageerders dat het pure klasse is van Trump om de vlag toch maar halfstok te laten wapperen.

Prima hoor, hun goed recht, maar veeg daarna wel even je mondhoeken schoon.
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 08:30:21 #143
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_181511830
quote:
6s.gif Op dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 04:11 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
NewsHour twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 01:06:25 Could Cindy McCain replace her late husband in the Senate?"It would follow a long tradition of wives being named to their husband's seats after their husband has died," says @tamarakeithNPR, pointing out that, historically, that's one way women have gotten into Congress. https://t.co/lTtxlVGYkh reageer retweet
JohnWDean twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 02:38:09 Although this was John McCain’s last wish, Mitch McConnell will probably quietly move to block it fearing Cindy might vote with the Democrats against the anti-choice Kavanaugh, or for pro-immigrant policies her late husband sought along with other thinking Arizonans. https://t.co/JsMYLwVQ42 reageer retweet
Hoe zou McConnell dat willen blokkeren afgezien van het masseren van de mening de governor van Arizona?

Het zou me trouwens ook niet verbazen als ze voor Kavanaugh zou stemmen. McCain heeft juist publiekelijk zijn steun uitgesproken voor hem.

Overigens zijn vandaag de primaries in Arizona.

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door ExtraWaskracht op 28-08-2018 08:42:11 ]
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 11:25:39 #144
465144 westwoodblvd
pi_181514938
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 08:30 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:ed

[..]

Hoe zou McConnell dat willen blokkeren afgezien van het masseren van de mening de governor van Arizona?

Het zou me trouwens ook niet verbazen als ze voor Kavanaugh zou stemmen. McCain heeft juist publiekelijk zijn steun uitgesproken voor hem.

Overigens zijn vandaag de primaries in Arizona.
Er gaat het gerucht dat McCain heeft besloten om niet voor mei (dus na de deadline voor een special election) op te stappen in ruil voor de benoeming van zijn vrouw.
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 11:27:39 #145
465144 westwoodblvd
pi_181514978
quote:
1s.gif Op maandag 27 augustus 2018 23:31 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

Mensen die oprecht twijfelen kiezen meestal voor de kandidaat met het meeste momentum (bij de winnaar willen horen zegmaar). Dat is hier wel duidelijk. Hoewel het ook kan wezen dat ze gewoon niet genoeg doorgevraagd hebben.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 11:28:53 #146
3928 Ulx
pi_181515004
realDonaldTrump twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 11:24:35 Google search results for “Trump News” shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake New Media. In other words, they have it RIGGED, for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD. Fake CNN is prominent. Republican/Conservative & Fair Media is shut out. Illegal? 96% of... reageer retweet
:') |:(
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 11:30:27 #147
465144 westwoodblvd
pi_181515031
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 11:28 schreef Ulx het volgende:
realDonaldTrump twitterde op dinsdag 28-08-2018 om 11:24:35 Google search results for “Trump News” shows only the viewing/reporting of Fake New Media. In other words, they have it RIGGED, for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD. Fake CNN is prominent. Republican/Conservative & Fair Media is shut out. Illegal? 96% of... reageer retweet
What the fuck :')
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 11:31:15 #148
131703 pullup
smartie
pi_181515044
quote:
:')

Kan niet wachten op het vervolg _O-
Before I die, I’m going to eat a bag of unpopped popcorn. That should make the cremation a little more interesting.
  dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 11:31:27 #149
147666 AnneX
pi_181515047
quote:
Is google nou ook al anti trump?
En al die ceo’s zaten bij hem aan tafel!
Nou ja, fake in chief weet waar de ( telefoon) knopjes voor dienen en begrijpt hoe techniek ( van zoekmachines) werkt.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 28 augustus 2018 @ 11:32:57 #150
3928 Ulx
pi_181515083
Het is ook niet eens zelf te controleren of zo. Helemaal niet.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')