abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_182007504
The Herlings Season

Jeffrey Herlings has hardly been short of a word or two in 2018. Aside from the Grand Prix of Ottobiano in Italy (round 11 of 20) where he was still convalescing from collarbone surgery after a training crash, the new MXGP World Champion has been present in every post-race press conference this year, 16 times as a GP winner. Instead of the 24-year-old talking about his memorable campaign and first title in the premier class in just his second term on the 450 SX-F, we asked for some background from the people around him.

Valentina Ragni, Red Bull team coordinator: I’ve been working with Jeffrey for many years, but I have never seen him this focused and concentrated on his goal. He has always been very professional in his job, motivated, and working hard, but this year is a new level. The story of him living like a “monk” is almost true! This year, all we have heard about is the amount of time he is riding and the effort to look at details like his nutrition. At some moments I was a little worried he was over the limit, but he told me he needed to watch his weight and maximize his strength. As a joke, he sends me photos of the weighing scales and, for his height, I doubt there are many at the same weight but with the same strength.

Ruben Tureluren, training mechanic, assistant, and confidant: He is mentally strong and knows his abilities and works so hard. Don’t forget that he has a very strong commitment and desire to win. I’ve never seen anyone else like that.

Glenn Coldenhoff, teammate: I think he has a speed that nobody can come close to and just manages to hold it for quite a long time. What he showed this year is, for me, a little unbelievable. It is an extreme level of strength. I would also see him in practice and he is always that fast, not only in the races. It is something phenomenal. I’m in a luxury position: I’m practicing with him and I can see I am a little “off,” but it gives you something to continue to work towards. From his side, he is trying to make that gap bigger, so it also gives him something to work with. We can both try to step up the level.

Wayne Banks, Red Bull KTM race mechanic: I thought he has been more committed than ever in the off-season. He had an almost perfect winter and just decided to dedicate his life to it. Not to say he slacked off with that before… but I think in terms of training, eating, and thinking about the sport, he upped his game. It was the foundation of this year, and the routine during the week just carried it on.

Robert Jonas, VP of KTM Group Off-road: I still think Jeffrey is growing and hasn't reached his full potential.

Dirk Gruebel, Red Bull KTM MX2 team manager and technical coordinator: The starts were a big problem, and we developed those with him over the years. He’s a maniac now with those, especially during the week. I doubt anybody puts in as much practice as him, and he’s improved a lot—top five lately, and mostly top two. Within a couple of corners he is first, and then it is all about the incredible pace he sets from the first lap until the last, which is not possible for most of these riders. Tony [Cairoli] tries his best and does really good, but it is such a high level that even he struggles to stay with him. If they battle each other, then there is usually a gap of 30-40 seconds to the next guy in third, and that’s not normal for this sport. He is excelling no matter the ground, or even if it’s a new track. It’s impressive.

Banks: It’s been incredible to watch that confidence come back with the starts. We added the RPM light indicator by round five, and that provided such an improvement in terms of consistency. He is also believing a lot more in his starts now; for instance, in France he saw a little bit of a drier line completely to the outside of the gate and believed that if he put his mind to it, then he can take the holeshot, and he was right there.

Jonas: He was not known as the best starter in the field, and this was something the team worked on: the setup, technique, and looked for improvements everywhere. I think we can say he is a good starter now because most of the time he is [up] there.

Ragni: When we text each other, all we hear is that he’s at home or out riding. He’s a good-looking boy! And famous in this world… so there were some adventures in the past with girls, but these issues never came up this year.

Gruebel: He normally rides three times a week between races. If there is no race, then on Saturday or Sunday there will be another practice.

Banks: From my own personal opinion, I think this is the best of Jeffrey so far. Apart from the collarbone break and a couple of small mistakes here and there, I don't think he has put a foot wrong.

Ragni: I had the feeling—from the first moment of hearing about the injury—of being relaxed. We found out directly from him that it was just the collarbone and not the ribs like we had first heard. I think it is because I’d been through tough times with him, like the broken femur and the dislocated hip. I know that he is like a warrior: There are not many people who could race in Mexico [2014] with a femur that still hadn’t healed. A collarbone might be an issue for some… but for Jeffrey, it didn't seem to be much of an issue.

Tony Cairoli, teammate: The [2018] speed was unbelievable, and when we were close, we pulled each other and always made a good gap over the rest. It means we are riding very fast, so I’m happy with that, but not so much about my condition through the whole moto with Jeffrey, and this is the only point I need to work on a little bit. I don't think I’ve had such a strong competitor and the age difference is quite big, so it was difficult. He pushed the level a bit higher, and at this age it is difficult to make these little clicks all the time to keep up with the new guy. I tried to stay as close as possible, and mostly it worked and we were matching. I need to work a little bit harder on the total race. It’s an honor to finish behind Jeffrey because he is the fastest rider in the world at the moment, and I didn't finish second to a slow guy.

Banks: We don't take any weekend for granted, and the initial goal every time is just to do our best… but he’s achieved incredible results, and it is amazing to have done that with him. I think there have been guys nibbling at his heels; he might be close to his peak, but the others are not slowing down. We just cannot take it for granted.

Gruebel: Some guys do have that big goal of a championship and then they take a step back or fall into that hole… but I don't think that will happen with him. I think we’ll continue to see the best of him in 2019.

Ragni: I think it depends on how much motivation is there and how long he wants to live at this level. I believe he has the right attitude and the energy. He has all the right cards. Maybe he will look at all the sacrifices and choose another way. He’s always said, “I won’t ride for long…” but knowing him, he loves what he does so much that I don't think it will be easy for him to suddenly think of doing something else. Especially at a relatively young age. People change, though!

Pit Beirer, KTM motorsports director: People are always talking about “Red Bull KTM: two teams,” but I see it as one big team with five riders. These boys and girls are all so professional; the whole operation is an example of how a perfect team should work. At the end of the day, motocross is not a team sport when you are all down at the start line, but the guys were working fantastically in the background. We have many involved who work for the athletes, and we tried to keep this 2018 battle neutral and on the racetrack. I think the boys came really close to each other twice this year and we had two crashes to talk about in the team, but even then, we managed it. I think there is huge respect between the riders, and they know there is only one #1 position. I don't think we could have handled it better, and it makes me very proud that they are under one umbrella. I think the team is only as strong as the human input and behind-the-scenes effort that goes into it. Jeffrey has been with us since 2009 and we have been through many ups and downs, so it’s a special moment for all of us.

https://racerxonline.com/2018/09/17/open-mic-the-herlings-season
pi_182043809
Febvre officieel niet bij de Naties, Musquin als vervanger?

Due to the injuries sustained at the MXGP of Turkey earlier this month, Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP's Romain Febvre has decided to withdraw from the twentieth and final round of the MXGP World Championship that will take place at the famed Imola road-racing circuit in Italy on the weekend of September 30.

As the injury has impacted his training and preparation for the Monster Energy Motocross of Nations where he was selected to represent the defending champions Team France alongside Gautier Paulin and Monster Energy Yamalube Star Yamaha Factory Racing's Dylan Ferrandis, Febvre has decided to withdraw in order to give his team the best opportunity at claiming their fifth consecutive Motocross of Nations title.

Romain Febvre: "I feel better, but not every day. The crash in Turkey was not a small one, it was a big impact and it is taking some time to heal. I have decided to not compete in Imola and at the ‘Nations, which is a shame. I am not normally somebody who quits easily, I will always do everything to ride, but this time I feel I cannot. I am honestly quite disappointed but the championship is more or less over for me. I wanted to be top-three, so if I finish fifth or sixth, it really does not make a difference to me. It is not where I want to be. Then for the ‘Nations, I feel that I am not ready and if I miss so much time and riding on the bike then I will struggle to be prepared enough to fight for the win, which is what I expect from myself. It's a difficult time, but I need to take some time to heal up fully to be ready for 2019."

https://mxvice.com/81698/mxon-news-febvre-out
pi_182051422
Tixier vervangt Febvre en daarmee is USA wat mij betreft favoriet geworden om de Nations te winnen in eigen land met Nederland, Duitsland, België en Frankrijk in de top 5.

'19 Supercross, an FIM World Championship

https://www.supercrossliv(...)ss-schedule-and-more
pi_182054898

pi_182141404

Round 20: Imola, GP Italië

Net op 't moment dat je denkt dat er niks meer op het spel staat blijkt dat toch anders te liggen. Cairoli en Herlings wonnen samen namelijk 21 GP's in Italië, de stand: 11-10.

Cairoli reed 22 GP's in eigen land en won dus de helft met daarnaast een totaal van 16 podiumplaatsen. Herlings kwam 15 GP's in actie in Italië en behaalde tien zeges en 14 podiumplaatsen.

Transfer
Gautier Paulin naar Wilvo Yamaha

Gerucht
Anstie ook naar Standing Construct KTM
pi_182205371
Interview Herlings 11:56

Nancy wint de eerste manche en komt op 5 punten van Fontanesi, mocht ze de tweede manche ook winnen dan moet Fontanesi vierde of lager eindigen in de strijd om de wereldtitel.

Stand met nog één manche

Prado (17) is inmiddels wereldkampioen MX2 aangezien Jonass woensdag is geopereerd.

MX2

Time Practice MXGP

pi_182207416
Dertiende pole voor Herlings, Cairoli onderuit

MX2
pi_182226919
LIVE
https://nos.nl/livestream/2252543-mxgp-italie-eerste-manche.html

KTM_Racing twitterde op zondag 30-09-2018 om 14:02:22 Waiting zone for the first mxgp moto and sadly no @Antoniocairoli in the gate. His hip injury from the Saturday crash was too stiff and sore for the Italian to enter his home Grand Prix #ktm #MXGPItaly https://t.co/Q5hUKy6dAf reageer retweet
Herlings kan zijn 39ste baan toevoegen aan zijn GP zeges bij winst van de 47 banen waarop hij in actie kwam.
pi_182227114
NOS commentator ziet een Kawasaki dus dat is Desalle ondanks nummer 77 van Lupino.
pi_182243354

19 GP's gestart
19 podiumplaatsen
17 GP zeges
38 top drie finishes
33 manchezeges
15 dubbele manchezeges
933 van 950 punten

_O_
pi_182272026
Cooper Webb Joins the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team for 2019

MURRIETA, Calif. – KTM Motorsports is pleased to officially welcome Cooper Webb to the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team for the 2019 race season. The North Carolina native will pilot the KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION alongside teammate Marvin Musquin in the AMA 450 Supercross Championship and AMA 450 Pro Motocross Championship.

Webb joins the KTM family with a long list of accomplishments since his professional debut in 2013. Following a decorated amateur racing career, Webb achieved great success in the 250cc division, claiming back-to-back AMA 250SX West Championships in 2015 and ‘16, before putting a cap on his 250cc career in 2016 with an AMA 250MX National Championship.

Since moving into the premier 450cc division in 2017, Webb has earned two career podium finishes in AMA Supercross and multiple top-five finishes in Supercross and AMA Pro Motocross. Heading into the 2019 season, Webb is confident in his abilities and he’s READY TO RACE for top finishes with the support of Red Bull KTM.

Cooper Webb: “It was an honor when Roger and Ian reached out for me to be the next guy on the Red Bull KTM team. It’s really encouraging to know what this team has achieved – they really have been there and done it, so I don't see any reason why they can’t do it with me. I will be putting in the work and doing everything possible to come into the year as strong as I can be. With everything around me, I know I have put myself in the best possible position for winning on the track again. I had a very comfortable feeling with the guys from the very first moments and that just gives you confidence. Working with Aldon at the Baker’s Factory is another strong part of the whole KTM set-up. I have an opportunity that really involves the whole package, so the plan is to ‘stick to the plan’ and focus on getting ready with the bike for Anaheim I. I don't want anything to take me away from that!”

Team Manager, Ian Harrison: “We are excited for Cooper to join the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team for the upcoming 2019 season. Cooper has had an exciting and successful career winning in 250cc competition and our goal is to give him the tools to continue that success on a KTM going forward. We feel the combination of both Marvin and Cooper racing the KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION in both Supercross and Motocross is strong, and our hopes are that the pair can motivate and push each other to race to their fullest potential. The Red Bull KTM Team commits to investing a lot of time and resources long-term into our riders, providing them with access to top facilities, technology and factory-backed support in order for them to have successful careers with the team. We look forward to Cooper taking full advantage of these opportunities so we all can enjoy even more success as a team and a lasting future together.”

Webb is set to debut his ride aboard the KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION at the upcoming Monster Energy Cup in Las Vegas on Saturday, Oct. 13.

https://press.ktm.com/new(...)d=73306&menueid=7311

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door Nober op 02-10-2018 20:37:24 ]
pi_182316996
TeamNL in Berghem

BERGHEM - Hoog bezoek voor circuit Nieuw-Zevenbergen vandaag. Wereldkampioen motocross Jeffrey Herlings kwam langs om zijn rondjes te maken. Dit deed hij met het oog op Motorcross of Nations van aankomend weekend in Amerika.

Naast Herlings waren met Glenn Coldenhoff uit Heesch en Calvin Vlaanderen nog twee deelnemers van Motorcross of Nations in Berghem te vinden. "Het is daar een circuit met veel los zand en dat is hier ook het geval", weet Peter van Hinthem van SRMV-Berghem (Stichting Regionale Motorcross Verenigingen). Volgens hem is de komst van Herlings en de rest van de Nederlandse top bijzonder, maar ook weer niet zo héél bijzonder. "Ze komen hier wel vaker", vertelt Van Hinthem.

Voor nu blijft het bij oefenen, maar wie weet crosst in de toekomst Herlings wel wedstrijden in Berghem. "Eerst willen we het hier op orde krijgen voordat we aan het organiseren van zoiets gaan denken", vertelt Van Hinthem. "Dan moet je denken aan een jaar of vijf. Maar wie weet, dat zou mooi zijn."

https://www.instagram.com(...)&igshid=6k4cajc2nc67

https://www.d-tv.nl//jeff(...)/nieuws/item?1102374

pi_182342215

Motocross des Naties, RedBud, Michigan, USA

Favorieten:
Verenigde Staten

Per raceklasse:
MXGP - Herlings, Tomac
Open - Barcia
MX2 - Prado, Plessinger, Ferrandis

TV
21:00-23:00 Eurosport 2 (Race 3 live)

Internet
Alle manches zijn rechtstreeks te zien op www.nos.nl De starttijden zijn 19.00 uur, 20.30 uur en 22.00 uur. Het commentaar is van Sebastiaan Timmerman.

Laatste winnaars
2012 Duitsland
2013 België
2014-2017 Frankrijk

Meeste zeges: 22, Verenigde Staten (1981-1993, 1996, 2000, 2005-2011)

Nederland
2de in 1976, 1980, 1985, 1987, 2004, 2016 en 2017
3de in 1972, 1991

The Redbud Race Day Show
http://racertv.com/
pi_182342340
Gaat het spannend worden tussen Herlings en Tomac of gaat Herlings ook Tomac op een hoop rijden?
pi_182348591
25:45 Nederland

quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 5 oktober 2018 21:27 schreef Faraday01 het volgende:
Gaat het spannend worden tussen Herlings en Tomac of gaat Herlings ook Tomac op een hoop rijden?
Dat laatste natuurlijk. w/

Roczen en Barcia kunnen ook winnen als het flink gaat regenen.

[ Bericht 22% gewijzigd door Nober op 06-10-2018 10:18:57 ]
pi_182349180

[ Bericht 5% gewijzigd door Nober op 06-10-2018 12:17:57 ]
pi_182353094
The ballot is a historic part of the Motocross of Nations. The order in which each country will head to the starting line in the qualifying races is decided at random and those results can be viewed below. This is particularly important this weekend, as conditions are going to be quite grim. Torrential rain battered the facility overnight.

1 Guatemala
2 USA
3 Australia
4 Iceland
5 Brazil
6 Ukraine
7 Sweden
8 France
9 Switzerland
10 Italy
11 Japan
12 Germany
13 Argentina
14 Iceland
15 Ireland
16 Mexico
17 Israel
18 Canada
19 Czechia
20 Great Britain
21 The Netherlands w/
22 South Africa
23 Belgium
24 Austria
25 New Zealand
26 Portugal
27 Puerto Rico
28 Spain
29 Philippines
30 Venezuela

17:00 trainingen, was 16:00 maar uitgesteld vanwege regen.

https://results.mxgp.com/mxgp/livestandings.aspx

[ Bericht 7% gewijzigd door Nober op 06-10-2018 16:21:28 ]
pi_182354317
MXGP

[ Bericht 37% gewijzigd door Nober op 06-10-2018 17:46:50 ]
pi_182354898
MX2
pi_182355534
Open

Free Practice Combined Results
5 (1+2+2) Netherlands w/
10 (5+4+1) Great Britain
14 (6+1+7) France
16 (4+7+5) Germany
17 (3+11+3) Belgium
18 (2+6+10) Italy
23 (10+9+4) United States
25 (7+12+6) Estonia
  zondag 7 oktober 2018 @ 11:49:18 #223
342627 tja77
Proud member of the tittycrew.
pi_182368293
Alleen race 3 live te kijken op ES2?
Motorsport TV is niet meer helaas.
pi_182369255
Goed begin voor Nederland.
pi_182369258
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 11:49 schreef tja77 het volgende:
Alleen race 3 live te kijken op ES2?
Motorsport TV is niet meer helaas.
quote:
Alle manches zijn rechtstreeks te zien op NOS.nl De starttijden zijn 19.00 uur, 20.30 uur en 22.00 uur. Het commentaar is van Sebastiaan Timmerman.
^O^

Ik ga er zelf waarschijnlijk niet veel van zien... -O-
  zondag 7 oktober 2018 @ 13:09:22 #226
342627 tja77
pi_182369311
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 13:05 schreef TargaFlorio het volgende:

[..]

[..]

^O^

Ik ga er zelf waarschijnlijk niet veel van zien... -O-
Dankje, ik slinger m’n laptop aan rond die tijden.
pi_182369473
Ik heb er waarschijnlijk over heen gelezen, maar wordt de uitslag nou bepaald door de klasseringen van de verschillende klassen bij elkaar op te tellen?
pi_182371231
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 13:18 schreef Max23 het volgende:
Ik heb er waarschijnlijk over heen gelezen, maar wordt de uitslag nou bepaald door de klasseringen van de verschillende klassen bij elkaar op te tellen?
Slechtste resultaat schrappen ze en de overige vijf tellen ze bijelkaar op.
pi_182371453
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 15:06 schreef Nober het volgende:

[..]

Slechtste resultaat schrappen ze en de overige vijf tellen ze bijelkaar op.
Ah, dus er doen per race twee per land mee, want er zijn 3 races?
pi_182371491
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 15:16 schreef Max23 het volgende:

[..]

Ah, dus er doen per race twee per land mee, want er zijn 3 races?
Ja.

MXGP+MX2 - Herlings, Vlaanderen
Open+MX2 - Coldenhoff, Vlaanderen
MXGP+Open - Herlings, Coldenhoff
pi_182371560
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 15:19 schreef Nober het volgende:

[..]

Ja.

MXGP+MX2 - Herlings, Vlaanderen
Open+MX2 - Coldenhoff, Vlaanderen
MXGP+Open - Herlings, Coldenhoff
Thanks
pi_182372594
Het heeft geregend, Coldenhoff heeft er zin in.

Warm-up

pi_182374046
Gas erop!

Puerto Rico gekwalificeerd via de B Final.
pi_182374281
quote:
1s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 17:31 schreef Nober het volgende:
Gas erop!

[ afbeelding ]

Puerto Rico gekwalificeerd via de B Final.
Wie rijden er voor de equipe van Naziland?
pi_182375814
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 17:50 schreef TargaFlorio het volgende:

[..]

Wie rijden er voor de equipe van Naziland?
Japan heeft kennelijk niet zo'n moeite met Nazi-Duitsland.

Manche 1:
https://nos.nl/livestream(...)ross-of-nations.html

Of
https://www.facebook.com/(...)s/?ref=page_internal
https://www.twitch.tv/Mxgocombr

[ Bericht 18% gewijzigd door Nober op 07-10-2018 19:09:16 ]
pi_182375993
@motocrossvice

Somehow both Vlaanderen and Herlings have got two of the three inside gates...
pi_182376001
geen geluid op de nos stream?
pi_182376020
Herlings gaat er meteen bij liggen :o
pi_182376036
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 19:11 schreef TargaFlorio het volgende:
geen geluid op de nos stream?
#werkenbijdenos
pi_182376053
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 19:11 schreef Faraday01 het volgende:
Herlings gaat er meteen bij liggen :o
Moet wel een beetje spannend blijven.
pi_182376145
Herlings zit er nog niet lekker in. Komt ook niet altijd goed uit op de sprongen
pi_182376228
Bij Cairoli en Roczen gaat het helemaal niet.
pi_182376273
Zou het kunnen dat Herlings tot de laatste ronde's wacht dat deed hij dit jaar wel vaker.
pi_182376318
Gat tot Prado wordt kleiner.
pi_182376346
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 7 oktober 2018 19:12 schreef Nober het volgende:

[..]

#werkenbijdenos
Ze hebben de volumeknop gevonden.
  zondag 7 oktober 2018 @ 19:27:07 #247
342627 tja77
pi_182376349
Herlings gaat gas geven
pi_182376392
Is Roczen gevallen? Blijft maar achterin het veld hangen.
pi_182376436
Die Fransen 3 en 7. :r
pi_182376439
De Fransen staan er weer goed voor in de eerste manche
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')