abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 16:49:17 #51
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_179603406
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 16:46 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

Bovendien heeft de VS geen handelstekort, maar een handelsoverschot met Canada.
Als je diensten meerekent. Maar als je iedereen weer in de kolenmijn wil laten werken heb je daar niet zoveel aan.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 16:55:02 #52
3928 Ulx
pi_179603488
kylegriffin1 twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 16:45:08 The EPA’s director of scheduling and advance told House investigators she did personal tasks for Scott Pruitt—including asking how much the Trump Int’l Hotel would charge Pruitt to purchase a used hotel mattress. She also arranged Pruitt’s family vacation. https://t.co/JzLi9e0nR3 reageer retweet
Een....gebruikte....matras....?
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 16:56:30 #53
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179603504
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 16:43 schreef Ulx het volgende:
kylegriffin1 twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 16:20:01 WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court rules narrowly for Colorado baker who wouldn’t make same-sex wedding cake. reageer retweet
Goed zo! Oprotten met die goddeloze sodomieten!
Narrowly? 7-2 vind ik niet narrowly. Lijkt erop dat mee is genomen dat het homohuwelijk destijds in Colorado niet erkend werd, wat nu wel zo is, want ze moeten wel.
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 16:57:15 #54
3928 Ulx
pi_179603517
Narrowly heeft hier een andere betekenis.
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 16:57:42 #55
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179603521
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 16:57 schreef Ulx het volgende:
Narrowly heeft hier een andere betekenis.
Hm ja, dat kan wel... in dat geval kun je vergeten wat ik zei.
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 16:58:28 #56
3928 Ulx
pi_179603529
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 16:57 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Hm ja, dat kan wel... in dat geval kun je vergeten wat ik zei.
Je bent niet de enige hoor. Don Jr snapte er ook niets van.

kylegriffin1 twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 16:35:46 Don Jr. misunderstands the meaning of the word narrow. It was a narrow ruling in that it left open bigger constitutional questions. It’s not describing the 7-2 vote as narrow. https://t.co/x26XhU2vqf reageer retweet
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 17:00:38 #57
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179603562
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 16:58 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Je bent niet de enige hoor. Don Jr snapte er ook niets van.

kylegriffin1 twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 16:35:46 Don Jr. misunderstands the meaning of the word narrow. It was a narrow ruling in that it left open bigger constitutional questions. It’s not describing the 7-2 vote as narrow. https://t.co/x26XhU2vqf reageer retweet
Nou, als hij het al niet snapt...
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 17:01:15 #58
3928 Ulx
pi_179603571
quote:
9s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 17:00 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Nou, als hij het al niet snapt...
Je bent in goed gezelschap.
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 17:02:04 #59
3928 Ulx
pi_179603584
Anyway, ik zit nog steeds na te denken over Pruittt die een gebruikte matras uit een Trumpotel wilde kopen. Dat snap ik dan weer niet.
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 17:05:00 #60
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179603627
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 17:02 schreef Ulx het volgende:
Anyway, ik zit nog steeds na te denken over Pruittt die een gebruikte matras uit een Trumpotel wilde kopen. Dat snap ik dan weer niet.
Ik ook niet, maar misschien Don Jr weer wel...

Dit is er ook nog btw... voor elke gelegenheid een tweet:

realDonaldTrump twitterde op donderdag 18-10-2012 om 22:38:20 My Trump Home Mattress Collection by Serta is setting records--they are really phenomenal. You can order them at http://t.co/oeCVxEGZ reageer retweet
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 17:08:42 #61
3928 Ulx
pi_179603692
Het zal ook niet.
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 17:25:02 #62
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_179603972
Nog even wat interessante artikelen van gisteren:

China increasingly challenges American dominance of science

quote:
Like many ambitious young scientists, José Pastor-Pareja came to the United States to supercharge his career. At Yale University, he worked in cutting-edge laboratories, collaborated with experts in his field and published in prestigious journals.

But the allure of America soon began to wear off. The Spanish geneticist struggled to renew his visa and was even detained for two hours of questioning at a New York City airport after he returned from a trip abroad. In 2012, he made the surprising decision to leave his Ivy League research position and move to China.

“It is an opportunity not many take,” Pastor-Pareja said. But the perks were hard to resist — a lucrative signing bonus, guaranteed research funding, ample tech staff and the chance to build a genetics research center from scratch.

After decades of American dominance, Chinese science is ascendant, and it is luring scientists like Pastor-Pareja away from the United States. Even more China-born scientists are returning from abroad to a land of new scientific opportunity.

The United States spends half a trillion dollars a year on scientific research — more than any other nation on Earth — but China has pulled into second place, with the European Union third and Japan a distant fourth.

China is on track to surpass the United States by the end of this year, according to the National Science Board. In 2016, annual scientific publications from China outnumbered those from the United States for the first time.

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
Beetje off topic maar het lijkt me een stap in de goede richting voor een onafhankelijker Europa als reactie op Trump's beleid.

Merkel endorses Macron’s EU military plan

German Chancellor sounds cautious note on Macron’s eurozone reform plans.

quote:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Sunday she supports the idea of a joint European defense force, adding that the initiative could be open to British participation post Brexit.

Merkel’s French counterpart Emmanuel Macron has been pushing for the creation of a combined EU military force that could be deployed to trouble spots around the world. The idea had so far received a frosty reception in Berlin, with defense minister Ursula von der Leyen saying the idea is “not an imminent project for tomorrow.” Merkel’s intervention represents a significant change of tone.

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 17:47:40 #63
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179604492
Grassley is het niet eens met een van Trumps dictatoriale statements:

mkraju twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 17:28:58 Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley just told me this: “If I were president of the United States and I had a lawyer that said I could pardon myself, I think I would hire a new lawyer.” reageer retweet
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 18:01:27 #64
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_179604815
Latest China trade talks indicate impasse

quote:
High-level trade talks with China over the weekend produced no immediate breakthroughs, the White House indicated Monday in a bland statement that made no reference to Beijing's threat to halt the negotiations if the United States proceeds to impose tariffs on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods.

"The meetings focused on reducing the United States' trade deficit by facilitating the supply of agricultural and energy products to meet China’s growing consumption needs, which will help support growth and employment in the United States," the White House said.

"The United States officials conveyed President Donald J. Trump’s clear goal for achieving a fair trading relationship with China,“ the statement said.

The last line of the statement hinted of next steps to come. “The delegations will now report back to receive guidance on the path forward," the statement continued.

SPOILER
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 18:05:23 #65
65394 Montov
Dogmaticus Irritantus
pi_179604908
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 17:47 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:
Grassley is het niet eens met een van Trumps dictatoriale statements:

mkraju twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 17:28:58 Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley just told me this: “If I were president of the United States and I had a lawyer that said I could pardon myself, I think I would hire a new lawyer.” reageer retweet
Nee, hij vindt de negatieve PR niet leuk. Dit zou niet zijn reactie zijn geweest als er een Democraat president zou zijn.
Géén kloon van tvlxd!
pi_179604932
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 18:05 schreef Montov het volgende:

[..]

Nee, hij vindt de negatieve PR niet leuk. Dit zou niet zijn reactie zijn geweest als er een Democraat president zou zijn.
Een Democratische president was allang impeached als hij/zij had gedaan wat Trump heeft gedaan.
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 18:21:44 #67
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_179605189
SethAbramson twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 17:57:19 (THREAD) The Constitution doesn't allow a president to pardon himself—or any person with whom he has illegally conspired. No serious scholar believes "self-pardoning" is legal. This thread discusses why Trump's latest claim is false and dangerous. I hope you'll read and share it. https://t.co/hoHimTZcrg reageer retweet
  Overall beste user 2022 maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 18:25:10 #68
3928 Ulx
pi_179605236
quote:
Oh vandaar de rant over internationale handel.
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 18:48:34 #69
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179605600
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 18:05 schreef Montov het volgende:

[..]

Dat hij anders had gereageerd als een Democratische president zoiets had gezegd wil niet zeggen dat hij hier liegt als hij aangeeft dat het juridisch gezien onzin is.
pi_179605654
Er schijnt ook een telefoongesprek geweest te zijn tussen Macron en Trump waarin Macron in de veronderstelling was dat Trump wel een beetje kritiek op zijn beleid zou kunnen verdragen. Dat schijnt dus geen leuk gesprek geweest te zijn al ontbreken de details tot dusver. :P
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 18:52:58 #71
65394 Montov
Dogmaticus Irritantus
pi_179605675
quote:
1s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 18:48 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Dat hij anders had gereageerd als een Democratische president zoiets had gezegd wil niet zeggen dat hij hier liegt als hij aangeeft dat het juridisch gezien onzin is.
Ik weet niet of hij dat ermee bedoelt. Ik lees het alsof die advocaat zo dom is om dat openlijk te zeggen.
Géén kloon van tvlxd!
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 19:00:11 #72
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179605806
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 18:52 schreef Montov het volgende:

[..]

Ik weet niet of hij dat ermee bedoelt. Ik lees het alsof die advocaat zo dom is om dat openlijk te zeggen.
Oh, dat is een aanzienlijk cynischere lezing dan die ik er aan gaf.
pi_179605807
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 18:51 schreef Monolith het volgende:
Er schijnt ook een telefoongesprek geweest te zijn tussen Macron en Trump waarin Macron in de veronderstelling was dat Trump wel een beetje kritiek op zijn beleid zou kunnen verdragen. Dat schijnt dus geen leuk gesprek geweest te zijn al ontbreken de details tot dusver. :P
Oh seven hells I'd love to hear that conversation O+
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pi_179605867
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 4 juni 2018 16:43 schreef Ulx het volgende:
kylegriffin1 twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 16:20:01 WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court rules narrowly for Colorado baker who wouldn’t make same-sex wedding cake. reageer retweet
Goed zo! Oprotten met die goddeloze sodomieten!
Dat ligt nog wel iets genuanceerder.

quote:
Supreme court sides with baker who refused to make gay wedding cake
Court rules in favor of Masterpiece Cakeshop, but doesn’t address principle of whether a business can refuse to serve gay people

The US supreme court has ruled in favor of the Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple for religious reasons – but avoided a wider ruling on religious exemptions for businesses.

Charlie Craig and David Mullins went to the Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colorado, in July 2012, only for owner Jack Phillips to say he would not provide a cake for a same sex couple.

They complained to the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, which decided against Phillips.

But the case went all the way to the supreme court which, on Monday, ruled 7-2 that the commission had violated Phillips’ rights under the first amendment, which guarantees freedom of expression.

The court did not address the wider principle of whether a business can refuse to serve gay and lesbian people, saying this “must await further elaboration”.

Writing for the court’s majority, Justice Anthony Kennedy said the Colorado Civil Rights Commission showed “hostility” to his religious beliefs in a proceeding that found he violated the law and ordered him to undergo anti-discrimination training.

“The laws and the constitution can, and in some instances must, protect gay persons and gay couples in the exercise of their civil rights, but religious and philosophical objections to gay marriage are protected views and in some instances protected forms of expression,” Kennedy wrote.

The decision focused narrowly on the handling of Phillips’ case, however, leaving open the question of whether anti-discrimination laws should supercede religious beliefs in future cases.

“The court’s precedents make clear that the baker, in his capacity as the owner of a business serving the public, might have his right to the free exercise of religion limited by generally applicable laws,” Kennedy wrote.

“Still, the delicate question of when the free exercise of his religion must yield to an otherwise valid exercise of state power needed to be determined in an adjudication in which religious hostility on the part of the state itself would not be a factor in the balance the state sought to reach. That requirement, however, was not met here.”

Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor, the court’s two most liberal justices, dissented. They said they would have upheld the finding of the commission, which decided that Phillips violated the Colorado anti-discrimination law that bars businesses from refusing service based on race, sex, marital status or sexual orientation.

Appeals in similar cases are pending, including one at the supreme court from a florist who didn’t want to provide flowers for a same sex wedding. Since the Masterpiece incident in 2012, same sex marriage has become legal across the country.

Donald Trump Jr, the president’s son, reacted to the decision by mocking media coverage that described it as narrow. He tweeted: “I am reading about a 7 - 2 vote. Pretty sure that’s not narrowly... At least 2 dem leaning justices must have agreed.” But critics on Twitter quickly upbraided him, pointing out that it was the legal decision that was “narrow”, not the vote among the justices.

The American Principles Project, a conservative think tank, welcomed the decision as a victory for religious rights over LGBTQ rights. Terry Schilling, its executive director, said: “Today’s emphatic 7-2 ruling is a tremendous victory for Jack Phillips and all Americans who desire to follow their faith and conscience. It also serves as a condemnation of the institutional anti-Christian bigotry that has grown rampant over the past decade.”

But the Human Rights Campaign, America’s biggest LGBTQ civil rights organization, noted the limited frame of reference of the ruling. Chad Griffin, its president, said: “In today’s narrow ruling against the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the supreme court acknowledged that LGBTQ people are equal and have a right to live free from the indignity of discrimination. Anti-LGBTQ extremists did not win the sweeping ‘license to discriminate’ they have been hoping for – and today’s ruling does not change our nation’s longstanding civil rights laws.”

Tom Perez, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, said: “This case was never just about a wedding cake. It was about all people – no matter who they are – having the right to celebrate their love without facing discrimination. The Democratic party believes that no individual has a license to discriminate. We believe in the dignity of every human being. And we will continue to fight for equality for LGBTQ people in all areas of our society – from housing and healthcare, to bathrooms and boardrooms, to bakeries and the ballot box.”
https://www.theguardian.c(...)aker-decision-latest
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
  maandag 4 juni 2018 @ 19:14:09 #75
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_179606041
RepAdamSchiff twitterde op maandag 04-06-2018 om 18:17:50 President Nixon asked the Department of Justice if he could pardon himself. They said no, as no one may be the judge in their own case. He resigned three days later. In case you want to follow the Nixon model, that would be Thursday. https://t.co/5ntHaySTBJ reageer retweet
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')