abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_171822413
quote:
Three-time Oscar winner Daniel Day-Lewis, widely considered one of the preeminent actors of his generation, is retiring from acting, Variety has learned.

The 60-year-old star, who has played presidents, writers, and gang leaders in a career that has spanned four decades, has one final film awaiting release, an untitled drama set in the world of high fashion. It is scheduled to hit theaters on December 25, 2017 and reunites him with Paul Thomas Anderson, who directed Day-Lewis to a best actor Oscar in 2007’s “There Will Be Blood.” Day-Lewis intends to help promote the movie, according to a person familiar with his plans.

He did not give a reason for his retirement. In a statement, Day-Lewis’ spokeswoman, Leslee Dart, confirmed the news: “Daniel Day-Lewis will no longer be working as an actor. He is immensely grateful to all of his collaborators and audiences over the many years. This is a private decision and neither he nor his representatives will make any further comment on this subject. ”

Day-Lewis is the performer to ever win three best actor Oscars, for the title role in Steven Spielberg’s “Lincoln,” his turn as a rapacious oil man in “There Will Be Blood,” and his performance as writer and artist Christy Brown in “My Left Foot.” He earned two other Academy Award nominations for “Gangs of New York” and “In the Name of the Father.”

Day-Lewis has been praised for his shape-shifting acting and versatility. He is known for going to extreme lengths for his performances, frequently remaining in character off-screen. He has also starred in musicals (“Nine”), adventure epics (“The Last of the Mohicans“), and period dramas (“The Age of Innocence”).

The method master once learned Czech to play a philandering doctor in “The Unbearable Lightness of Being,” listened to Eminem records to channel rage in “Gangs of New York,” and confined himself to a wheelchair for “My Left Foot” to play Brown, who had cerebral palsy.

Day-Lewis, who is the son of poet Cecil Day-Lewis and English actress Jill Balcon, made his screen debut at the age of 14 in a bit part in 1971’s “Sunday, Bloody Sunday.” He first gained attention on the stage and on television before dazzling critics in 1985 with the one-two punch of “My Beautiful Laundrette” and “A Room With a View,” convincingly playing a street tough and an upper class Edwardian.

Although he has remained in high demand, Day-Lewis is also known as being highly selective, often waiting years between projects. In the late ’90s and early aughts he appeared to give up acting for a while, reportedly working as a cobbler before Martin Scorsese convinced him to return to the screen for “Gangs of New York.”

Day-Lewis has three children and is married to writer and director Rebecca Miller.
http://variety.com/2017/f(...)r-winner-1202472766/

;(
  dinsdag 20 juni 2017 @ 22:16:53 #2
313152 Harvest89
Black Metal fan
pi_171822916
Jammer.

There Will Be Blood is een van de beste films die ik ooit heb gezien. Zijn acteerwerk in die film is geweldig.
Deceit for a lifetime has taken it's toll.
An emotional void, I feel numb and cold.
You're all dead to me now. And has been for long.
The time has come to reap what you've sown.
  dinsdag 20 juni 2017 @ 22:25:39 #3
15080 static
03.09.2006 - 11:35
pi_171823283
SHO > FTR
Yvonne riep ergens: [b]Static is gewoon Static, je leeft met hem of niet.
Geen verborgen agenda's, trouw, grote muil, lief hartje, bang voor bloed, scheld FA's graag uit voor lul.[/b]
pi_171823574
Prima acteur, maar nooit in een meesterwerk of interessante film gespeeld helaas.
I just had to get that stress off my chest like breast reduction.
  woensdag 21 juni 2017 @ 00:53:34 #5
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_171826905
quote:
7s.gif Op dinsdag 20 juni 2017 22:34 schreef Seam het volgende:
Prima acteur, maar nooit in een meesterwerk of interessante film gespeeld helaas.
:D dat is toch een grapje, he? :X

Wat zonde, geniaal acteur _O_ _O_ _O_
pi_171826942
quote:
Nee inderdaad, het is geen Jean Claude van Damme he.
  woensdag 21 juni 2017 @ 01:05:29 #7
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
  woensdag 21 juni 2017 @ 01:10:53 #8
53290 laurenzo85
Surfing on the waves of sound
pi_171827063
Wel een beetje mee eens, weinig films die echt als klassiekers te boek zullen gaan staan..
  woensdag 21 juni 2017 @ 01:12:47 #9
313152 Harvest89
Black Metal fan
pi_171827085
quote:
There Will Be Blood is een meesterwerk.
Deceit for a lifetime has taken it's toll.
An emotional void, I feel numb and cold.
You're all dead to me now. And has been for long.
The time has come to reap what you've sown.
  woensdag 21 juni 2017 @ 01:27:59 #10
271695 EP3
Curiouser and curiouser!
pi_171827179
quote:
14s.gif Op woensdag 21 juni 2017 01:12 schreef Harvest89 het volgende:

[..]

There Will Be Blood is een meesterwerk.
My Left Foot ook. En misschien wel zijn beste rol.
"Now which way do we go?" - Dorothy Gale
pi_171827532
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 21 juni 2017 00:53 schreef Timo20 het volgende:

[..]

:D dat is toch een grapje, he? :X

Wat zonde, geniaal acteur _O_ _O_ _O_
Nee hoor, There will be blood was een erg goede film, maar ik vind het niet goed genoeg om als meesterwerk te bestempelen. En hij speelde wel altijd in dezelfde soort zware (hyperrealistische) drama's, had het liever veelzijdiger gezien omdat ik weet dat hij dat ook gekund had. Met interessant bedoelde ik onconventioneel en dat is in mijn ogen waar het summum ligt, om daarin sterk te acteren.
I just had to get that stress off my chest like breast reduction.
  woensdag 21 juni 2017 @ 10:30:38 #12
94080 VeX-
HAHA..JIJ hebt HEUL veel POSTS
pi_171830375
Dat zul je nou net zien, schorriemorrie blijft doorpruttelen maar een van de beste acteurs houdt het nu al voor gezien.

Zijn werk in There will be blood is een van de meest meesterlijke, geniale acteerprestaties ooit. Fucking zonde.
Life is just a series of peaks and troughs, yeah. And you don't know whether you're in a trough until you're climbing out, or on a peak, 'till you're coming down. And that's it. - David Brent
pi_171830722
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 21 juni 2017 00:58 schreef Farenji het volgende:

[..]

Nee inderdaad, het is geen Jean Claude van Damme he.
:D :D :D
Ik heb Hem niet uit vrees voor de hel noch uit liefde voor het paradijs gediend, want dan zou ik als de slechte huurling zijn geweest; ik heb hem veeleer gediend in liefde tot Hem en in verlangen naar Hem.
-Rabia Al-Basri
pi_171834096
Ik vond hem ook geweldig in 'Gangs of New York' en 'In the name of the Father'. Erg zonde, hopelijk bedenkt hij zich ergens in de komende jaren.
  Moderator woensdag 21 juni 2017 @ 14:21:53 #15
1212 crew  Mike
Excellent!
pi_171834762
Jammer, ik denk dat hij er nog wel een paar prachtrollen uit had weten te persen.

Voor de industrie an sich lijkt het me niet zo'n probleem. Dit soort method actors lijken me altijd vreselijke mensen in de omgang. :P
In some matters there's no reality, only perception. Truth exists, but people have a vested interest in not knowing it.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')