abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_170822401
Gilles natuurlijk!

Alain Prost:
"Gilles was the last great driver. The rest of us are just a bunch of good professionals."

Jody Scheckter:
"I scared myself rigid that day. I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles’s time and – I still don’t really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds!"

Jacques Laffite:
"I know that no human being can do a miracle. Nobody commands magical properties, but Gilles made you wonder. He was that quick."

Frank Williams:
"I was very proud of Alan that day. We had the best car at the time, without a doubt, and the only driver on the track we feared was that little French Canadian ..."

Niki Lauda:
"Gilles was the perfect racing driver who knew where to take which advantage where ..." "Villeneuve had the best talent of all of us. Whatever car that you put him in he would have been quick."

Jackie Stewart:
"Oh, I think he's superb, and I believe he'll get better and better. At the moment he still makes mistakes, misses the odd apex, gets up on a curb, uses a little too much road on the way out sometimes, but i'm being hypercritical here. His level of natural talent is phenomenal - there's real genius in his car control."

Walter Wolf:
"Gilles is a super, super, super talented driver with the ability which happen very seldom. A man gets so much ability, so much feeling for a car".

Enzo Ferrari:
" ...and when they presented me with this tiny Canadian, this miniscule bundle of nerves, I instantly recognized in him the physique of the great Nuvolari and I said to myself, `let's give him a try."

Rene Arnoux:
"It was terrible when Gilles died. I cried that day and the next one, too, even though I had to race ...and I remember the feeling that we were all starting equal, from now on. Villeneuve was gone. We all knew he had a talent beyond our reach."

Alain Prost:
" ...with me and my competitors it's battle for pole position as that's important but with Gilles you will see a battle for everything ...[including] 10th place ..."
"He made the fastest start of anybody here. I thought he must know a trick ...all season he had quicker starts, no one could compare"

Juan Manuel Fangio:
"He will remain as a member of the family of the truly great drivers in auto racing history. Mr Enzo Ferrari, who is an authority on these matters, has compared Villeneuve to Tazio Nuvolari. Nuvolari in my younger days was the great idol. All drivers wanted to equal the great Nuvolari. They struggled to match but could only imitate him. To be compared to Nuvolari is to receive the highest praise. Villeneuve did not race to finish, he did not race for points. He raced to win. Although small in stature he was a giant."

Keke Rosberg:
"To Gilles, racing truly was a sport, which is why he would never chop you. Something like that he'd look on with contempt. You didn't have to be a good driver to do that, let alone a great one. Anyone could do that.
Gilles was the hardest ******* I ever raced against, but completely fair. If you'd beaten him to a corner, he accepted it and gave you room. Then he'd be right back at you at the next one! Sure, he took unbelievable risks - but only with himself - and that's why I get ****ed off now when people compare Senna with him. Gilles was a giant of a driver, yes, but he was also a great man."

Trouwste user 2022 woensdag 10 mei 2017 @ 11:00:09 #102
7889 tong80
Spleenheup
pi_170823664
Mooi post Techno :)

:P
Ik noem een Tony van Heemschut,een Loeki Knol,een Brammetje Biesterveld en natuurlijk een Japie Stobbe !
pi_170906272
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 2 mei 2017 12:37 schreef Weltschmerz het volgende:

[..]

Het niveau van het veld gaat elk jaar iets omhoog, coureurs moeten tegenwoordig completer en sneller zijn om het in de F1 te maken. Irvine zit gewoon in het best lange rijtje coureurs die Schumacher wel even moeilijk zouden maken, maar in dezelfde auto toch aanzienlijk tekort bleken te komen. Dat Irvine nog bijna kampioen werd toen Schumacher zijn been had gebroken was vooral te danken aan het briljante knechtenwerk van Schumacher dat Irvine nooit zou kunnen.

Sinds de jaren 70 heeft er maar één coureur in zijn eigen tijd op eenzame hoogte gestaan en dat was Schumacher. De anderen waren allemaal één van de twee of één van de drie toppers.
Ohja het belletje of Schumacher Irvine maar weer eens WK wilde maken terwijl hij deed dat er nog steeds iets aan zijn been mankeerde terwijl een balletje aan het trappen was met zijn kinderen ;')
pi_170930017

Senna O+

Zat deze race thuis op de bank te kijken en heb gehuild, hard gehuild.
Formule 1 was daarna voor mij niet meer hetzelfde tot Jacques Villeneuve er bij kwam.
Maar helaas verdween die redelijk snel van het toneel.
Nu met Max is het (tja, toch Nederlander) wel weer leuk, maar de tijd met Senna, Damon Hill, Rubens Barrichello e.a. waren voor mij het mooist.
De zomer na zijn overlijden in Spa Francorchamps naar het museum geweest. Daar stond zijn JPS en er lagen veel bloemen. Indrukwekkend.
Voor mij blijft Senna de beste coureur.
  zondag 14 mei 2017 @ 12:41:31 #105
177053 Klopkoek
Regressief links
pi_170933051
Deuger & Gutmensch
"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."
pi_170933532
quote:
Bittere, kleingeestige, slechte verliezertjes gequote door een bitter, kleingeestig, slecht verliezertje.

Damon Hill, Murray Walker en Eddie Irvine zijn voorbeelden van wel grote jongens, die hun trots weg kunnen slikken en gewoon zien en erkennen dat een sportman de beste is. Het hoeft echt niet zo kinderachtig, je hebt een persoonlijke voorkeur maar die is niet per se de beste, dat hoort bij sport.

Wees gehoorzaam. Alleen samen krijgen we de vrijheid eronder.
pi_170933709
Gezien de vele veranderingen in auto's en regels zou ik "de beste F1 coureur" opdelen per decennium. Dat maakt een eerlijke vergelijking mogelijk.

Een Fangio zou in een huidige auto geen race kunnen uitrijden op lichamelijke conditie.
  zondag 14 mei 2017 @ 13:47:58 #108
177053 Klopkoek
Regressief links
pi_170934133
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 14 mei 2017 13:16 schreef Weltschmerz het volgende:

[..]

Bittere, kleingeestige, slechte verliezertjes gequote door een bitter, kleingeestig, slecht verliezertje.
Gelijk weer op de man spelen bij een meningsverschil en terwijl er niet eens echt stelling wordt genomen, dat is pas bitter en kleingeestig ten top.

quote:
Murray Walker
Zat in het panel dat Schumacher uiteindelijk vierde plaatste
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/20258984

Even wat opportunistisch braaksel uitkramen na iemands pensioen in 2006 of het tragische ongeluk kan iedereen. Dat willen de studiobazen en FOM graag horen.

quote:
Eddie Irvine

Goh, Schumacher was de beste na Senna's dood (met Prost, Mansell en Piquet met pensioen) en voor Alonso in de Renault op kwam. Met Hakkinen als 'best of the rest'. Wat een schokkend inzicht. Laat dit nu net vaak een vertrekpunt zijn bij wat kritischere kanttekeningen.

"He found himself in the position to exploit them, though, because he was the greatest driver of his era.

That era spanned the gap between the end of the Senna/Prost years and the dawning of a new age with a depth of talent and opposition far richer than Schumacher had to face.

Through the late 1990s and into 2000, only Mika Hakkinen was in his league - the Finn had the speed but not the same discipline and consistency. Then, when Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen arrived in the early 21st century, they only rarely had cars that could challenge Schumacher and Ferrari.

Regardless, Schumacher at his peak would have been a challenge for the best of any era. His combination of blistering pace, metronomic consistency and dubious morality was a potent mix indeed.
"
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/19998444

Gerhard Berger - ook een slecht verliezer natuurlijk met wrok richting Schumi wegens de Ferrari-Benetton swap.
Deuger & Gutmensch
"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')