abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
pi_168008967
De Amerikaanse verkiezingen hebben Hollywood naar mijn mening van hun slechtse kant laten zien....

Arrogant, hypocriet, elitair, verwend en dreinerig als ze niet hun zin krijgen...
Lena Dunham, Robert de Niro, John Legend, Madonna, Cher, Debra Messing Whoopi Goldberg etc. etc. etc en nu ook Meryl Streep.
En allemaal hebben ze plechtig beloofd Amerika te verlaten wanneer Trump president zou worden gekozen.
En voila....ze zijn er ALLEMAAL nog.

quote:
Sorry, Meryl but that hypocritical anti-Trump rant was easily the worst performance of your career (apart from that time you gave a child rapist a standing ovation)

Oh, Meryl.

Not you, too?

Just when I thought we’d exhausted the reservoir of Trump-hating luvvies, up pops the biggest star in Hollywood to join the bandwagon and stick one more stiletto-heeled boot into the President-elect ten days before his inauguration.

Let me make one thing clear before I continue: I love Meryl Streep.

She’s the greatest actress in history (and not, as Trump disingenuously tweeted today, ‘one of the most overrated in Hollywood’!). She’s also, and I speak from personal experience, a delightful woman - incredibly smart, warm, funny and decent.

The new luvvie in Tinseltown: Meryl Streep chose her Lifetime Achievement award to launch an attack on Donald Trump in a show of elitist snobbery
The new luvvie in Tinseltown: Meryl Streep chose her Lifetime Achievement award to launch an attack on Donald Trump in a show of elitist snobbery

Trump was wrong with his response when he called her overrated - she's the greatest actress in history and is a warm, funny, decent woman, but her attack on him was terrible
Trump was wrong with his response when he called her overrated - she's the greatest actress in history and is a warm, funny, decent woman, but her attack on him was terrible

In fact, there’s no better role model for any budding actor, or finer example of true feminist power at its very best.

So when she speaks, the world listens.

Last night, Streep received a Lifetime Achievement award at the Golden Globes, and chose the moment to launch a very personal attack on Donald Trump.

She began by saying that Hollywood, foreigners and the press are ‘the most vilified segments of American society right now’.

At which point the cameras panned out to hundreds of the richest, most privileged people in American society sitting in the audience in their $10,000 tuxedos and $20,000 dresses, loudly cheering this acknowledgement of their dreadful victimhood.

She then said that if all the ‘outsiders and foreigners’ were kicked out of Hollywood, ‘you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.’

Wow.

I haven’t heard such elitist snobbery since Hillary Clinton branded Trump supporters ‘a basket of deplorables’.

Meryl Streep uses speech to call out Trump for his actions

Applauding her were hundreds of the richest, most privileged people in American society sitting in the audience in their $10,000 tuxedos and $20,000 dresses, loudly cheering this acknowledgement of their dreadful victimhood
Applauding her were hundreds of the richest, most privileged people in American society sitting in the audience in their $10,000 tuxedos and $20,000 dresses, loudly cheering this acknowledgement of their dreadful victimhood

For your information, Ms Streep, tens of millions of ordinary Americans love football and the MMA and would be quite happy watching their favourite sports at the expense of the next Woody Allen film.

Her real target, though, was Trump. She’d come to take him down, and that is exactly what she proceeded to do.

‘There were many powerful performances this year that did breathtaking, compassionate work,’ she said. ‘But there was one performance that stunned me. It sank it hooks in my heart, not because it was good – there’s nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter. Someone he outranked in privilege and power and the capacity to fight back.’

Meryl’s bottom lip began to tremble.

‘It kind of broke my heart when I saw it,’ she cried, ‘and I still can’t get it out of my head. This instinct to humiliate when it’s modelled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, filters down into everybody’s life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing.’

Hmmm.

Really, Meryl?

For starters, the incident to which she referred didn’t happen last year, it happened in 2015. There’s even been another Golden Globes in between then and now, at which it was never mentioned.

Second, Trump has always furiously denied – and has again today on Twitter - he was mocking the reporter’s disability and a Conservative website produced video evidence of numerous other instances where he made the exact same gesture to fully able-bodied people when attacking them. (See here and decide for yourself)

The 2016 event Streep referred to happened in 2015 and Trump has repeatedly denied he mocked anyone's disability with his floundering - he has done the same impression of able body people multiple times
Here he is doing it a month earlier
The 2016 event Streep referred to happened in 2015 and Trump has repeatedly denied he mocked anyone's disability with his floundering - he has done the same impression of able body people multiple times

Third, the reporter is hardly a powerless individual with ‘no capacity to fight back’; he’s a long-time Pulitzer-prize winning investigative journalist at the New York Times, a paper that’s trashed Trump for decades.

But putting all that to one side for a moment – and if Trump WAS mocking a man’s disability then I agree it was disgraceful - let’s move to what Streep said next: ‘Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose.’

At this point, I laughed out loud with incredulity.

Not at the words themselves, which are laudable.

No, it was at the hypocrisy.

You’d be hard-pushed to find an industry that encourages more disrespect and violence than Hollywood.

A place where rich powerful people make billions of dollars by regularly pandering to the lowest common denominators of sexism, racism, homophobia and misogyny.

And happily exploit ever more hideous, graphic violence to make a fast, easy buck.

And seethe from every tinsel-encrusted pore with the very kind of nasty, power-based bullying that Meryl Streep claims to be so incensed by in Trump.

So great though her censorious words indisputably are, they would be perhaps better directed at her own back yard.

To highlight just one example of Streep’s shocking hypocrisy, what about the 2003 Oscars when she leaped to her feet and gave child rapist Roman Polanski a standing ovation after he was announced as winner of Best Director for The Pianist?

At the 2003 Oscars Streep leaped to her feet and gave child rapist Roman Polanski a standing ovation.
He wasn't there as he would get arrested on American soil
At the 2003 Oscars Streep leaped to her feet and gave child rapist Roman Polanski a standing ovation. He wasn't there as he would get arrested on American soil

She was joined by numerous superstars in the room, many of whom were also seen on camera last night applauding and cheering as Streep attacked Trump’s supposed immorality.

Clearly, their collective high moral values are a movable feast.

At the end of her speech, Streep launched a passionate defense of the press. ‘They’ll need us to safeguard the truth,’ she said.

Now, I’ve been a journalist for over 30 years. I love my industry, warts and all, and I welcome any support.

But when it comes to the truth, many parts of America’s media were found severely wanting in this election campaign.

Frankly, a lot of the coverage was a fact-starved partisan disgrace as they fought to see who could sink deeper into the tank for Hillary Clinton.

The mainstream US media, having gleefully fuelled Trump’s candidacy for months to suit their own self-serving commercial interests, then turned on him like spitting cobras when he looked like he might actually win.

It’s also a fact that no president in modern times has been so anti-press, or so intent on attacking press freedom, as Barack Obama, one of Streep’s heroes.

Under his administration, the US government has set a new record for withholding Freedom of Information Act requests. Obama’s also used the Espionage Act to prosecute whistleblowers who leak to journalists more times than all previous administrations COMBINED.

So yes, the stench of hypocrisy throughout Streep’s speech was putridly pungent.

My overriding disappointment though is that she missed a massive opportunity to do something really constructive.

How much more effective would it have been had the most powerful woman in Hollywood called for unity not division, demanded a stop to all the teeth-gnashing and wailing over the election result, and urged Donald Trump in his inauguration speech to preach tolerance, fairness and equality?

That would have been a truly courageous and admirable thing to do.

Streep could have been courageous and brought the country together Sunday night. Instead she poured oil onto a toxic fire
Streep could have been courageous and brought the country together Sunday night. Instead she poured oil onto a toxic fire

Instead, Meryl Streep poured another 100 gallons of oil onto an already inflamed toxic fire.

She will get exactly what she wanted: today, she’s the toast of Hollywood, the darling of social media and a heroine to every Millennial in the world.

I’ve seen people on my Twitter feed say they actually wept with joy at her words.

But the reality is that she’s also enraged tens of millions of Americans who voted for and like Donald Trump, not to mention those who love their football and MMA.

And she’s simply re-confirmed to them what Mark Wahlberg said a few weeks ago when he urged actors not to talk about politics:

‘A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They’re pretty out of touch with the common person, with the everyday guy out there providing for their family.’

Quite.

Meryl, I still love you dearly, but you had a chance to bring your country together last night and you blew it.

http://www.dailymail.co.u(...)vation.html#comments

maandag 9 januari 2017 @ 18:44:21 #2
15221 Falco
Afleidingsmanoeuvre
pi_168009113
ok
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIl_jGh-LWE" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Afleidingsmanoeuvre</a>
pi_168009145
Hij is nog geen president
pi_168009171
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 januari 2017 18:39 schreef hunter2011 het volgende:
Arrogant, hypocriet, elitair, verwend en dreinerig als ze niet hun zin krijgen...
Heb je het nu over Trump?
pi_168009350
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 januari 2017 18:46 schreef Arth_NL het volgende:

[..]

Heb je het nu over Trump?
Nee, Hollywood.
En er zitten hier in Nederland ook een aantal artiesten bij die daar goed kunnen integreren, kwa arrogantie en hoogmoedswaanzin.
  maandag 9 januari 2017 @ 19:12:01 #6
63594 Lienekien
Sunshower kisses...
pi_168009943
The daily fail.
The love you take is equal to the love you make.
pi_168011837
Goed verhaal, lekker kort
pi_168013066
quote:
Meryl Streep heeft het mis: Donald Trump dreef niet de spot met handicap journalist
Democratisch kamp blijft schermen met nepnieuws

In een toespraakje op de uitreiking van de Golden Globes maakt Meryl Streep er onlangs weer gewag van: Donald Trump zou een gehandicapte verslaggever van de New York Times belachelijk hebben gemaakt door hem met woord en gebaar te imiteren. Ik ben geen groot aanhanger van Trump, maar ik ben nog veel minder gecharmeerd van nepnieuws, en dit verhaal valt in die categorie. Het Democratische kamp blijft het voorval met niet aflatende ijver en te pas en onpas van stal halen, maar het is, op meerdere niveaus, onjuist.

Om te kunnen begrijpen wat hier aan de hand is, moeten we terug naar 2015. Op 21 november van dat jaar refereerde Trump in een toespraak aan Amerikanen van Arabische afkomst die stonden te juichen toen de Twin Towers vielen: “There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering…as those buildings came down. And that tells you something…”, zei hij een dag later tegen in een interview met de tv-zender ABC. De Washington Post pikte dit op en publiceerde een artikel waarin Trumps claim naar het rijk der fabelen werd verwezen. Trump, op zijn beurt, duikelde echter een artikel van diezelfde Washington Post op, die op 18 september 2001 publiceerde:

“In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.”

De auteur van dit stuk was Serge Kovaleski. In een poging om de schade te beperken zocht de Washington Post Kovaleski op (die inmiddels bij de New York Times werkte) en liet het volgende optekenen:

Kovaleski: “I certainly do not remember anyone saying that thousands or even hundreds of people were celebrating,” said Serge Kovaleski, one of the reporters. “That was not the case, as best as I can remember.”

Kort daarop, tijdens een toespraak in South Carolina, gebruikte Trump dit voorval om aan te tonen hoe onbetrouwbaar sommige kranten en verslaggevers zijn. Hij parafraseerde Kovaleski en maakte daarbij armbewegingen om te benadrukken dat Kovaleski zich ergens onderuit probeert te wurmen:

Het lijkt erop of hij iemand nadoet die spastisch is, met name omdat de Amerikaanse mainstream media ogenblikkelijk een foto publiceerden waarop te zien was dat Kovaleski een, in de volksmond, “Softenon-arm” heeft. Kovaleski’s aandoening heet arthrogrypose, dat een vergroeiing veroorzaakt, maar zeker geen spasmes of tremoren. Kovaleski praat volkomen normaal en zijn arm maakt geen vreemde bewegingen. Trump imiteerde Kovaleski dan ook niet, maar voerde slechts iemand ten tonele die zich betrapt voelt op een onwaarheid en zich eronderuit probeert te kletsen. Sterker: Trump wist waarschijnlijk niet eens van Kovaleski’s arm, want de foto waarop die te zien is, verscheen zoals gezegd pas in de pers na Trumps toespraak in South Carolina. Hieronder is te zien dat hij dezelfde pose aanneemt terwijl hij Ted Cruz op de hak neemt:

In dezelfde toespraak waarin hij zogenaamd Kovaleski met zijn handicap schoffeert, maakt hij trouwens ongeveer dezelfde ongecontroleerde bewegingen terwijl hij een Amerikaanse generaal parafraseert, die niet weet hoe hij op een vraag over ISIS moet reageren.

Nogmaals: Donald Trump is niet mijn vriend. Maar de waarheid is, dat de Washington Post zich in haar hemd gezet voelde door Trump, omdat hij haar, ja, in haar hemd zette. Om de aandacht van die faux pas af te leiden kwam het goed uit dat Kovaleski een handicap heeft. Maar Trump heeft noch Kovaleski, noch zijn handicap ooit belachelijk gemaakt.

Om met de nieuwe Rijdende Rechter te spreken: En zo zit het.

http://politiek.tpo.nl/co(...)handicap-journalist/

† In Memoriam † maandag 9 januari 2017 @ 21:07:26 #9
368283 ato
pi_168014401
En Trump heeft het niet over een muur gehad, geen sexistiche opmerkingen gemaakt, heeft geen aanhang die homosexualiteit niet toelaat..ja,ja.

Natuurlijk is er veel nepnieuws en hoaxen.
Maar dat neemt niet weg dat Trump een onvoorspelbaar mannetje is en wij af moeten wachten hoe het beleid wordt als hij president is. Veel van de Hollywood sterren zijn bang en kritisch net als de bevolking.

Ik vond dat Meryl het nog netjes deed.

Ps ik was ook geen fan van Hilary.
Ik vind het zeer jammer dat B. Sanders het niet is geworden.
Life can be a bitch, so like it..
pi_168014739
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 januari 2017 21:07 schreef ato het volgende:
En Trump heeft het niet over een muur gehad, geen sexistiche opmerkingen gemaakt, heeft geen aanhang die homosexualiteit niet toelaat..ja,ja.

Natuurlijk is er veel nepnieuws en hoaxen.
Maar dat neemt niet weg dat Trump een onvoorspelbaar mannetje is en wij af moeten wachten hoe het beleid wordt als hij president is. Veel van de Hollywood sterren zijn bang en kritisch net als de bevolking.

Ik vond dat Meryl het nog netjes deed.

Ps ik was ook geen fan van Hilary.
Ik vind het zeer jammer dat B. Sanders het niet is geworden.
De muur gaat er komen en ja hij heeft leden in zijn kabinet die anti-homo zijn en Trump is een alfa-mannetje.
Klopt allemaal, maar van de beschuldging dat hij een spastische man heeft bespot klopt niets van.
UIt een aantal filmpjes die nu rondcirculeren maar die MSM weigert te vertonen zie je dat hij dit ook doet bij "non-spatische" mensen.

https://www.catholics4tru(...)eporters-disability/
pi_168014756
[quote]0s.gif Op maandag 9 januari 2017 21:18 schreef hunter2011 het volgende:

[..]
  Moderator / Redactie Sport / Weblog maandag 9 januari 2017 @ 23:40:50 #12
17650 crew  rubbereend
JUICHEN
pi_168019905
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 januari 2017 18:39 schreef hunter2011 het volgende:

klinkt als Trump :D
DeLuna vindt me dik ;(
Op zondag 22 juni 2014 12:30 schreef 3rdRock het volgende:
pas als jullie gaan trouwen. nu ben je gewoon die Oom Rubber die met onze mama leuke dingen doet :)
  Moderator woensdag 11 januari 2017 @ 13:51:41 #13
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_168051791
Trump is nog geen president hè misschien dat ze volgende week allemaal verhuizen :P
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
pi_168052122
Prachtig toch, al die consternatie omdat wat ze in hun echokamertje hoorden niet de werkelijkheid blijkt te zijn nu. Meer machteloze woede graag!
pi_168056378
quote:
1s.gif Op maandag 9 januari 2017 19:12 schreef Lienekien het volgende:
The daily fail.
Maar dit is wél een heel goed stuk.
I make it a thing, to glance in window panes and look pleased with myself.
  woensdag 11 januari 2017 @ 17:48:27 #16
63594 Lienekien
Sunshower kisses...
pi_168056426
quote:
4s.gif Op woensdag 11 januari 2017 17:45 schreef Claudia_x het volgende:

[..]

Maar dit is wél een heel goed stuk.
Dat is heel relatief.
The love you take is equal to the love you make.
pi_168056446
OP niet gelezen. Verder is de TT natuurlijk een rethorische vraag.
pi_168062006
quote:
Het lijkt erop of hij iemand nadoet die spastisch is, met name omdat de Amerikaanse mainstream media ogenblikkelijk een foto publiceerden waarop te zien was dat Kovaleski een, in de volksmond, “Softenon-arm” heeft. Kovaleski’s aandoening heet arthrogrypose, dat een vergroeiing veroorzaakt, maar zeker geen spasmes of tremoren. Kovaleski praat volkomen normaal en zijn arm maakt geen vreemde bewegingen. Trump imiteerde Kovaleski dan ook niet, maar voerde slechts iemand ten tonele die zich betrapt voelt op een onwaarheid en zich eronderuit probeert te kletsen.

pi_168068742
quote:
Dank hiervoor.
Staat het ookal in de Meryl Streep thread hieromtrend?
pi_168102227
Nicole Kidman wordt afgebrand op de sociale media.
Mensen uit de filmwereld die nu al zweren nooit meer met haar te willen samenwerken en alles van haar te boycotten.
Hoe zit het met vrijheid van meningsuiting in Hollywood?

Moderator / Redactie Sport / Weblog vrijdag 13 januari 2017 @ 13:39:19 #21
17650 crew  rubbereend
JUICHEN
pi_168102254