abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_160006274
Dear readers,

As you probably assumed from the title I would like to change my Study course.
At least, I am considering to.

So here's the deal:
I am a seventeen year old guy from the netherlands.
I am currently doing a course for electro technician, For the dutchies between us, MBO 4.
and four years back I was handed a choice, Technical, or care. (this will come into use later)

The thing with this course is not that it's a boring study,
I am almost (or already) half-way through my course and i am just starting to lose interest.
It is just not challenging enough.
I have a true admiration for the builders and maintainers of our country.
Admit it, Life would be pretty different without those almost invisible ordinary people maintaining our power supplies and making our cell phones and computers.
Me for myself, I like to make things complicated, Come with complex solutions for something and make logic in the weirdest thing ever invented.
Besides that I am a social guy, at least, I try not to be a complete douche.

So 4 years back I was handed the choice: Care or technical.
I chose the technical side Because back in the day i had a different image of the people building everything around us.
Now 4 years later, I am doing my internship in a company that makes Steering devices for all sorts of other companies, Big white Cabinets, lots of cables, and first off it looked all shiny and new.
Untill three weeks later, Where I can write all my social interactions on a single sheet of paper
I like to talk, and i do like making those devices into the cabinets, which is one of the worst possible combinations, i guess.
I have come to the point where I am second guessing my choice and considering to swap to my other option, care.
I am considering this because I like to talk, medicine are pretty interesting, and operating seems to have a good thrill to it too.
Now i know it won't be all flowers and butterflies, and there are parts (like the appendix) that no-one ever uses, but i still feel more attracted to care than my current study course.
this idea of changing my course basically came up three weeks ago and i feel like it is a bit fast to decide.
and to make this current course useful I think that it would be a good plan to finish this year and get my MBO-2-Electro technician certificate.

So i have a question.

• What would be the wise choice here?

I know I basically already gave myself the answer, but i would like the other opinion here.

For now: Thanks for taking the time for reading my novel-sized post, and i look forward to your replies.

-Sidney
pi_160006466
Waarom stel je je vraag niet gewoon in het Nederlands?
pi_160006474
What's the resemblence between a big city in Australia and your haircut?

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
gr gr
pi_160007323
How did you get here, and why the fuck in English?
pi_160008025
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 17 februari 2016 23:02 schreef Awsom het volgende:
Waarom stel je je vraag niet gewoon in het Nederlands?
Misschien is het geen Nederlander?
International
pi_160008289
This is a an English forum so let's TS just talk It.

But why TS you are dutch
pi_160008714
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 18 februari 2016 00:01 schreef tailfox het volgende:
This is a an English forum so let's TS just talk It.

But why TS you are dutch
How do you know that TS is a Hollander?
International
pi_160008774
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 18 februari 2016 00:28 schreef Aardbei16 het volgende:

[..]

How do you know that TS is a Hollander?
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 17 februari 2016 22:56 schreef Sidney1910 het volgende:
Dear readers,

As you probably assumed from the title I would like to change my Study course.
At least, I am considering to.

So here's the deal:
I am a seventeen year old guy from the netherlands.

-Sidney
Dutch is not Holland always

[ Bericht 1% gewijzigd door #ANONIEM op 18-02-2016 00:33:19 ]
pi_160008967
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 18 februari 2016 00:32 schreef tailfox het volgende:

[..]

[..]

Dutch is not Holland always
Oh :')

Slotje :{w
International
  donderdag 18 februari 2016 @ 01:16:48 #10
343179 n00b13
UI bij Studiotje
pi_160009199
Ok. Halfway through. Are you considering doing further studies after MBO, like HBO?

If so, why not finish what you started and make the switch in 2 years when you go from mbo->hbo. You'll have the chance to spend the next years to go deeper in the intern-thing and maybe a later internship in a different, more social, company changes your mind. Companies are very different, even in the same industry.

You would have something decent to fall back to if hbo or the nursing/care thing fails and hopefully you would be a little more certain if you decide to switch since you've seen more. On the down side, you might spend 2 years of your life doing something you don't like to do. But at least, after that you have that paper you need to get up.
  donderdag 18 februari 2016 @ 01:18:37 #11
343179 n00b13
UI bij Studiotje
pi_160009211
Did I mention I'm in camp #finishwhatyoustart??

;)
pi_160012503
TS kan maar beter geen Engels gaan studeren.
pi_160021503
Alright, yeah,
But i'm nort really planning on finishing things i just get bored of.
it just makes me skip classes and waste everyones time and effort.

So, to clarify things a bit here.
I was planning on doing the MBO4, then the Hbo, and then join the navy.
This plan doesn't really feels like such a good idea anymore since this is not really my thing.
Now, I was thinking of doing the Mbo4 in health care, most likely a way that also gets me qualified for the university, but lets just keep the university out of the picture here, It's just too far away for now.

Today I had another day of internship, and it was Just simply boring..
I got to learn how to make this cabinet interior, which is okay, but then there's the point I get to make 75 of those things...
in the mean while i could be doing my internship assisting a doctor, for example, it would pretty much just do the same all day too, but at least you get to interact with one another instead of hearing guys mumble in themselves.

I guess the point would be, Being a qualified electro technician could be fun, especially in the navy.
But I don't think I have it in me to constantly make or repair the same things, it's something a robot could do.
And i also think i can spend my time better than screwing down cables in a relay..
pi_160021642
Please don't join the Dutch navy. I don't feel safe if you protect this country.
pi_160021743
Perhaps you feel safer with me cutting a tumor away from your heart ;)
pi_160031077
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 18 februari 2016 18:14 schreef Sidney1910 het volgende:
Perhaps you feel safer with me cutting a tumor away from your heart ;)
With a MBO or HBO degree? Don't think so.
  vrijdag 19 februari 2016 @ 15:05:52 #17
142400 RedFever007
Schoenbekooievaar beste ooieva
pi_160042295
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 18 februari 2016 23:14 schreef Flufy het volgende:

[..]

pi_160046081
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 18 februari 2016 23:14 schreef Flufy het volgende:

[..]

And who exactly said I am going to stop at HBO?
Instead of assuming, you could make yourself more useful, cause you're talking about a life here.
Instead of assuming you could also consider I am a decent person, which this country would have a great addition to in the navy.
INSTEAD OF ASSUMING you could also consider that mocking a person who's looking for opinions about their plans don't give a damn about what you feel safe with, cause you're a total stranger.

In my post I said i try not to be a complete douche, You should try this too.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')