abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
pi_156805462
Eigenlijk zijn er best veel wetenschappers op FOK! en ze verzamelen zich hier. Ook geīnteresseerde studenten, post-docs en gelukkigen met een vaste aanstelling zijn welkom. Neuzel hier dus over farmaceutisch, biologisch, historisch of fysische details, over onderwijstaken en onderbetaald zijn, over journal papers, conferenties, theses, en buitenlandse snoepreisjes.

Leden van de club:

Nederland
AlexanderDeGrote (extern PhD, archeologie)
Grumpey (Postdoc, clinical neuroscience, Amsterdam)
Bosbeetle (PhD)
Re (PhD, medische farmacologie)
speknek (PhD, Eindhoven)
ssebass (PhD, kinderoncologie-hematologie, Rotterdam/Amsterdam)
Skeletor (PhD, radiologie, Groningen)
Norrage (PhD, meteorologie, Utrecht)
Superweber (PhD)
ATuin-hek (Phd neuro-imaging (verbetert gebruik van resting state FMRI), Nijmegen)
Piperidine (Nederlands Kanker Instituut / Antoni van Leeuwenhoek.)
Pluizel (PhD, nefrologie/endocrinolgie)
Californium (PhD, Groningen)
Worteltjestaart (niet aan uni verbonden)
Zith (PhD, Innovatie Economie)

Frankrijk
bramiozo2002 (PhD, Parijs)
Reya (PhD, statistiek, Parijs)

United Kingdom
thabit (PhD/postdoc, Warwick)
keesjeislief (PhD/postdoc, Bath)
SaskiaR (PhD/postdoc, Romeinse geschiedenis, Nottingham)
Operc (PhD, Bristol)
motorbloempje (PhD)

Noorwegen
Fogel (PhD-student)

Verenigde Staten
Shivo PhD/(associate professor, computational cancer biology, Houston.)
xienix84 (PhD/postdoc, Baltimore)
oompaloompa (PhD/postdoc, Philadelphia)

Australie
keesjeislief (PhD/postdoc, Canberra)

Zweden
Jagärtrut PhD

Duitsland
Felagund (PhD, meteorologie, Bonn)

Japan
Lyrebird (PhD/associate professor in de optica)

Wannabees
RobertoCarlos
Wackyduck
nickybol

Bijzonder geval
Kees22 (spellingchecker)

Updates voor de OP zijn welkom.
[/quote]
ING en ABN investeerden honderden miljoenen euro in DAPL.
#NoDAPL
pi_156806054
Knopen doorhakken blijft lastig. Ik wil alles bespreken ;(
Ja doei.
pi_156806991
http://alexandercoward.co(...)eleyMathematics.html
quote:
BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON THE UC BERKELEY MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT

October 11th, 2015

In response to the many people who have asked me whether I am leaving Berkeley, it is true that the UC Berkeley Mathematics Department has fired me. More precisely, the then Chair of the Mathematics Department, Arthur Ogus, emailed me on October 31st 2014 saying that my employment would be terminated in June 2016. I have asked the campus authorities to review the circumstances leading up to that decision and overrule it. I have filed a formal grievance, viewable here, with the aid of my union representative, and a meeting is scheduled for October 20th, 2015 with representatives from the UC Berkeley campus administration. My contract entitles me to a written response within 15 days of that meeting, by November 4th, 2015. I will be communicating the response I receive at this URL when I receive it.

My reason for asking that the decision be overruled is that on 31st October, 2014, when the Faculty Appointments Committee of the Mathematics Department made its decision, my teaching record was as follows:

My student evaluations for the two classes I had completed were the highest on record in the Mathematics Department. For Math 1A in Fall 2013 I scored 6.4 and 6.5 out of 7, and for Math 16B in Spring 2014 I scored 6.4 and 6.6 out of 7 for overall teaching effectiveness. The six year average for Math 1A as taught by Senate Faculty was 4.7 with a range of 3.2 to 6.0, and the six year average for Math 16B as taught by Senate Faculty was 4.6 with a range of 3.6 to 6.1. Going back further, no member of Senate Faculty has scored above 6.0 in Math 1A for at least the last 18 years, as far back as records go.

It is noteworthy that the Mathematics Department failed to report these student evaluation scores for Math 1A in my personnel file, thereby keeping them secret from university authorities. It did this despite the fact that student evaluation scores are part of the Mathematics Department's own review criteria that it devised to evaluate teaching, making it contractually obliged to report them. These non-reported evaluations are viewable here.

My Fall 2013 Math 1A students were tracked into the next course in the sequence, Math 1B, and it was found that their average grade in Math 1B was 0.17 grade points higher than that of those students who took Math 1A with another instructor.

However the Mathematics Department leadership at first refused to share this data with me, then it said that the positive difference was not statistically significant with a contrived analysis that compared my students to more of my own students, and finally, when this was refuted, claimed to not be sufficiently proficient in statistics to judge. It is noteworthy that Philip Stark, then Chair of the Statistics Department, was instrumental in the statistical analysis that was undertaken and he is someone who has gone on the record saying that student evaluations are not indicative of teaching effectiveness. The documentary evidence supporting these allegations, which I encourage everyone to review carefully, is viewable here.

In a memo to me of April 18th, 2014, the then Chair of the Mathematics Department Arthur Ogus wrote: "As you know, there have been three written evaluations of your teaching conducting [sic] so far, two in Mathematics 1A and one in Mathematics 16B; you have been provided copies of each. These evaluations discuss your extraordinary skills at lecturing, presentation, and engaging students."

However in the same memo he went on to say: "They also reveal some significant differences between your practices and what has been typical in our department [...] I hope and expect that you will be able to align more with our standards for the remainder of this semester and during the next academic year."

This remark that I should align more with department standards has been the resounding theme of my time at Berkeley, and Arthur Ogus's comment in the April 18th, 2014 memo was not an isolated slip. On September 22nd, 2013 he wrote in an email "But I do think it that it [sic] is very important that you not deviate too far from the department norms." On November 12th, 2014 he wrote "I hope that, on the basis of our conversation, you can further adjust to the norms of our department." This raises the question: What does it mean to adhere to department norms if one has the highest student evaluation scores in the department, students performing statistically significantly better in subsequent courses, and faculty observations universally reporting "extraordinary skills at lecturing, presentation, and engaging students"?

This question is one that I asked, and in response it was made very clear to me what is meant by the norms of the department. It means teach from the textbook. It means stop emailing students with encouragement, handwritten notes and homework problems, and instead assign problems from the textbook at the start of the semester. It means stop using evidence-based practices like formative assessment. It means micro-manage the Graduate Student Instructors rather than allowing them to use their own, considerable, talent and creativity. And most of all it means this: Stop motivating students to work hard and attend class by being engaging, encouraging and inspiring, by sharing with them a passion for the beauty and wonder of mathematics, but instead by forcing them into obedience with endless busywork in the form of GPA-affecting homework and quizzes and assessments, day after day, semester after semester.

In a nutshell: Stop making us look bad. If you don't, we'll fire you.

This idea that I am causing problems by teaching too well is something that has been related to me by multiple members of faculty, including the previous Chair, Arthur Ogus, who on one occasion went so far as to ask me to teach in a way that was, to use his exact words, "more ordinary". Further, the current Interim Chair, Craig Evans, explained that I am causing problems because students are not signing up for other Professors' classes on account of me. This is to be observed this semester, Fall 2015. My two sections of Math 1A are signed up to near capacity with 437 and 405 students enrolled respectively, while the third section of Math 1A, being taught by a member of Senate Faculty and taking place in the same room as my second class, has just 107 students signed up. To get a sense of what this means in practice, here and here are pictures of my Math 1A class, and here and here are pictures taken during the section taught by Senate Faculty in the same room.

Given the success I am having with students, one might think that the Mathematics Department leadership would be expressing curiosity about how I am achieving that success. Instead, Craig Evans in early 2014 asked me "If you had a job at McDonalds and came along with all these new ideas, how long do you think you'd carry on working there?" The fact that the now Interim Chair of the UC Berkeley Mathematics Department should compare undergraduate education to fast food reveals everything you need to know about how students are regarded by the leading clique of men at the helm of the Mathematics Department of the number one public university in the world.

The lack of care for student wellbeing in the UC Berkeley Mathematics Department leadership extends far beyond having the idea that undergraduates simply don't know what is good for them. I have tried to explain repeatedly that there are substantial learning benefits to the kind of teaching I am doing, with its emphasis on formative assessment, demonstrated not just in terms of conclusive statistical evidence but also in terms of qualitative factors like quality of writing. (See here for an example of student work from Math 16A before and after some formative assessment.) On each occasion, the department leadership reacted with frustration and imparted that this was not as important as keeping to department norms. If you would like to read what I had to do to put an end to the constant demands to keep to department norms, see here for an open letter I sent on December 15th, 2014 that addressed educational matters in more detail.

The above facts are shocking in and of themselves. However in isolation they do not answer the following question: Why is the Mathematics Department leadership so concerned about me teaching really well?
One possible answer is suggested by the Chair of the Faculty Appointments Committee, Mike Christ, who in his written report on one of my classes wrote: "With a few minutes remaining, after Alex had calculated the volume of a particular cone, a student asked about the formula 13πr2h for the volume of a general right circular cone. Alex responded by deriving it. This seemed entirely impromptu, yet was carried out with impressive polish and elan. The students responded with widespread applause. A colleague who teaches nearby has told me that Alex's lectures commonly end with applause from his class."

You might think that Professor Christ would be pleased that students were showing appreciation for mathematics and what they had learned in class that day. However later in the same report he wrote: "Insofar as the applause was directed towards this example, rather than the lecture as a whole, I find it disconcerting."

Despite being part of the story, however, egos are not in fact the main reason for the elaborate dance to suppress and distort evidence, and undermine my teaching record.

Instead it has everything to do with money, status and control.

In the April 18th, 2014 memo to me then Chair Ogus wrote: "We explained to you before you accepted the position that the idea of employing a full-time lecturer is controversial in our department." This raises the question of why it was controversial. It was controversial because the way the Mathematics Department justifies its size on campus is through the teaching of large service courses for other majors. I have been told by Craig Evans that around 15,000 students take classes with the UC Berkeley Mathematics Department each year. On the other hand, mathematicians typically do not bring in giant grants like experimental scientists, and compared to most other departments that do not bring in super-grants the Mathematics Department is large. The Mathematics Department uses its privileged role in providing service teaching for undergraduates in all the sciences and social sciences to justify its size and all the trappings that go with that like funding and office space. The problem is that their reliance on teaching to justify size and resources is not commensurate with a commitment to doing a good job.

Indeed, it is an open secret on the UC Berkeley campus that the administration and other departments are jolly cross with the Mathematics Department for not preparing students adequately. The argument used by the Mathematics Department in response to this is to say something like "It's easy for you, you teach these cool subjects that students are interested in and choose to do because it's their chosen major. Take it from us. Teaching these kids calculus is just impossible. That's why our student evaluations are terrible and students aren't prepared for your courses." The argument then concludes, as articulated by a member of Senate Faculty in his response to my open letter of December 15, 2014, something like: "Give us more money and more resources and we'll do better."

Having a Lecturer teach twice the number of students for half the money and do a fabulous job demolishes that argument, and that is why so many people conspired to make it not so, to hide my record from the administration, to mischaracterize my teaching, and do everything in their power to remove me.

Before concluding, I should mention that what I have reported above is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of wrongdoing that is committed at the highest level in the UC Berkeley Mathematics Department. In addition there are further mischaracterizations of my teaching in my personnel file that I am prevented from sharing because the University claims it is their property. Further, one friend who studied Mathematics as an undergraduate at Berkeley told me "all the good teachers leave," so I wonder if the practice of systematically removing the best teachers goes back to well before my time. And I have not even begun to talk about the ways in which people who are perceived as weak are bullied and harassed. Women, staff, graduate students, lecturers. Sometimes this is overt, but more often it is done in subtler ways such as, as with me, manipulating personnel files. One member of Senate Faculty wrote me in an email, at a time when I was struggling with the strain of working in this environment, describing then Chair Ogus's conduct: "So the micromanaging harasser is at it again. Give the devil what is his due, so you can get back to focusing on your students and their learning."

This raises the question: What is more shocking, that I was being supervised by someone regarded as a habitual micromanaging harasser, or that this fact should be so routine that it was just deserving of an encouraging email and a pat on the back but nothing more? There are good people in the UC Berkeley Mathematics Department, who conduct themselves with kindness, honesty and dedication to both their research and their students. However most are simply too scared to stand up against the dominant group of men who lead by fear. Arthur Ogus in some sense helped me by supplying me with a large body of documentary evidence to substantiate what I am saying, but Craig Evans instead told me that he learned in a previous harassement case that he should never put anything in writing because "we might get subpoenaed."

I could go on, and I encourage others to speak publicly if they have similar stories to tell. Suffice it to say, working in that environment did take its toll on me personally. In May 2014 I was admitted to psychiatric hospital for being suicidally depressed, and I know I'm far from the only one to have struggled with the strain of working in a sinister and hostile working environment. I'm now back at my best, but workplace bullying remains a societal problem that needs to be taken more seriously. However that is a battle I hope other people will take a lead in.

All I want to do is get back to focusing on my students and their learning, not just for the rest of this academic year, but for many years to come.

On campus there is a place called the Free Speech Movement Cafe, commemorating the movement that celebrated its 50th anniversary last year. There is a plaque there that recalls Mario Savio's stirring words:

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!"

The problem is, the machine really needs to work.

I call on the campus authorities to make this so.

Alexander Coward
Ja doei.
pi_156807576
quote:
Van het anonieme internet:
""I was a GSI (teaching assistant) for Coward, AMA. This is all deeply misleading.
The first thing you should know about him is that he's a polarizing figure in the department, even to undergraduates.
Why some people find him irritating: He loves to hear the sound of his own voice and hold extended meetings about nothing in particular. He's also a bit of a dick to his GSIs: everyone at Berkeley, from fields medalists to lecturers, help grade the midterms for your large lecture but he REFUSES. Just goes home and lets the grad students figure all that out. To make things worse, his midterms are terrible and take twice as long to grade as everyone else's.
The conspiracy theory that the department is conspiring to remove him for making them look bad is immediately debunked by the existence of Alex Paulin, who has the same contract, the same glowing reviews, and no problems with the administration because he doesn't actively seek conflict.
I'm surprised that his reviews are so high. There might be a sampling issue here (reviews are done at the end of the semester, when students who find him frustrating stopped going) -- plus assigning no mandatory homework always makes him popular. When I was teaching for him, students didn't stop complaining about him. He often goes on pointless tangents. He lectures too slowly and then too fast. It's a hard job, but I don't think he's any more effective at it than crusty old professors except that he's a charismatic British man.
Mathematicians are pretty bad at departmental politics, but Cowards approach was ridiculous. It was departmental policy to give students homework and he constantly butted heads with them about that, which he's not really clear about in his screed. Maybe the scientific evidence that homework is beneficial is weak, and maybe exercises from the textbook aren't ideal homework, but NO ONE gets good at math without a lot of outside practice. To fight with Ogus about that constantly was pointless and probably did him in.
There are hundreds if not thousands of talented lecturers with who would kill to teach calculus at Berkeley. Some of them know how to work with people."
Op dinsdag 1 november 2016 00:05 schreef JanCees het volgende:
De polls worden ook in 9 van de 10 gevallen gepeild met een meerderheid democraten. Soms zelf +10% _O-
pi_156810326
Ja, ik was al benieuwd naar tegengeluid! Las het net voor ik naar de sportschool ging, dus dacht 'ff posten', en dacht al dat iemand (jij :P) daar wel wat meer over zou weten :D
Ja doei.
pi_156823909
Hij zal wel een klootzak zijn, maar wat Coward schrijft over het management van zijn wiskunde faculty kan ik wel plaatsen. Zulk gezever kom je op bijna iedere Amerikaanse universiteit tegen.

Zelf heb ik grote moeite met het concept waarbij volwassenen in schoolbankjes zitten, met een pratend hoofd voor de klas. Als je als student op die leeftijd nog niet zelfstandig kunt studeren, dan is een dure universitaire studie niet meer dan pappen en nathouden.
Good intentions and tender feelings may do credit to those who possess them, but they often lead to ineffective — or positively destructive — policies ... Kevin D. Williamson
  woensdag 14 oktober 2015 @ 10:43:24 #7
8369 speknek
Another day another slay
pi_156825870
Ja ik ken ook van die vastgeroeste onderwijshoofden (toen bij informatica, ook een soort wiskunde), die geen enkele verandering willen anders dan dat iedereen in een strak keurslijf schikt, en zo de hele boel omlaag trekken.

Ik ken ook onderwijshoofden (waar ik nu zit) die elk semester het complete systeem omgooien waardoor je dikwijls met je mond vol tanden voor de studenten staat omdat niemand nog weet wat er van wie verwacht wordt. Maar ergens prefereer ik dat toch. Stockholmsyndroom wellicht, maar experientieel bezig zijn en creatief problemen oplossen moeten ze toch op de universiteit leren. Weg met de standaardtest.
They told me all of my cages were mental, so I got wasted like all my potential.
  woensdag 14 oktober 2015 @ 11:00:12 #8
66825 Reya
Fier Wallon
pi_156826182
Het is verder wel lastig om op afstand over zo'n zaak te oordelen. Het is wel weer een bevestiging dat betrekkingen binnen vakgroepen en faculteiten makkelijk verziekt kunnen raken, en dat conflicten enorm uit de hand kunnen lopen.
pi_156826655
De hele reddit thread, by the way: https://www.reddit.com/r/(...)_on_the_uc_berkeley/
Ja doei.
pi_156827391
Zo een lunchseminar geven bij 'n ander department over een deel van m'n onderzoek. Fijn om daar met wat algemene ideeen voor hoofdstukken/papers te kunnen experimenteren! :)
Ja doei.
pi_156834451
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 14 oktober 2015 10:43 schreef speknek het volgende:
Weg met de standaardtest.
Wij zijn nu bezig onze minoren te hervormen en het doet me deugd dat we - al is het maar doordat er bezuinigd moet worden - aan het spreken zijn over het schrappen van tentamens en het invoeren van essays/rapportages/adviezen/verslagen waarmee vakken moeten worden afgerond. We doen het nu vaak dubbelop, tentamineren en essays afnemen, maar als we handiger worden in het beoordelen van individuele bijdragen aan groepswerk dan hoeft dat niet meer.

Hoe minder tentamens ik na hoef te kijken, hoe beter. Ik lees vele malen liever een stuk waarin verslag wordt gedaan van werk dat over de gehele periode heeft plaatsgevonden, een verslag waarop door medestudenten en door mijzelf in een eerder stadium al feedback is geleverd en waarin ik de hoorcollegestof terugzie.
I make it a thing, to glance in window panes and look pleased with myself.
pi_156834511
quote:
2s.gif Op woensdag 14 oktober 2015 11:00 schreef Reya het volgende:
Het is verder wel lastig om op afstand over zo'n zaak te oordelen. Het is wel weer een bevestiging dat betrekkingen binnen vakgroepen en faculteiten makkelijk verziekt kunnen raken, en dat conflicten enorm uit de hand kunnen lopen.
En ook dat je je niet louter op één type gegeven moet richten. Iemand kan uitblinken in onderwijs of onderzoek en toch vreselijk zijn om mee te werken - mag dat laatste dan niet meewegen?
I make it a thing, to glance in window panes and look pleased with myself.
pi_156837605
Na vijf jaar in Texas begint het ons aardig de keel uit te hangen hier. De samenleving hier is oppervlakkig vriendelijk maar verder ongelovelijk egoistisch. De welvaartskloof is enorm. Bovendien is deze staat ontzettend lelijk. Dus we willen hier weg als het even kan. Het lastige aan het werken in de wetenschap is dat we zo gespecialiseerd zijn dat er maar een paar plekken in de wereld zijn waar mijn onderzoek goed past. Mijn vrouw is iets flexibeler maar ook haar werk in de klinische psychology kent beperkingen. Het is dus een aardige puzzel om te zorgen dat de volgende stap de juiste is.

Daarnaast is het vinden van vacatures ook niet eenvoudig. Heel veel instituten hebben openingen maar die worden vaak slecht geadverteerd, veel recruiting gaat via netwerken. Er lopen wat lijntjes maar nog weinig concreets... to be continued.
Jesus saves but death prevails.
  woensdag 14 oktober 2015 @ 20:18:50 #14
8369 speknek
Another day another slay
pi_156837931
Kan me voorstellen dat je ook wel moedeloos wordt dat ze nu bijvoorbeeld weer de wapenwetten verruimen. Is je vrouw Amerikaanse of Nederlands? Two body problem blijft lastig.
They told me all of my cages were mental, so I got wasted like all my potential.
pi_156845270
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 14 oktober 2015 20:06 schreef Shivo het volgende:
Na vijf jaar in Texas begint het ons aardig de keel uit te hangen hier. De samenleving hier is oppervlakkig vriendelijk maar verder ongelovelijk egoistisch. De welvaartskloof is enorm. Bovendien is deze staat ontzettend lelijk. Dus we willen hier weg als het even kan. Het lastige aan het werken in de wetenschap is dat we zo gespecialiseerd zijn dat er maar een paar plekken in de wereld zijn waar mijn onderzoek goed past. Mijn vrouw is iets flexibeler maar ook haar werk in de klinische psychology kent beperkingen. Het is dus een aardige puzzel om te zorgen dat de volgende stap de juiste is.

Daarnaast is het vinden van vacatures ook niet eenvoudig. Heel veel instituten hebben openingen maar die worden vaak slecht geadverteerd, veel recruiting gaat via netwerken. Er lopen wat lijntjes maar nog weinig concreets... to be continued.
Qua puzzel zit ik in dezelfde boot, en ben ook druk zoekende. Ik heb ook wat lijntjes uitgegooid, in de VS en Nederland (!), en heb mijn zinnen gezet op een droompositie in een Aziatisch land.

Ondanks dat het leven in Japan uitstekend bevalt, heb ik toch wat moeite om een balans tussen werk en leven te vinden. Japanners doen dat door veel te drinken, goed te eten, en zo nu en dan naar een onsen (spa) te gaan. 's Winters kun je hier geweldig skieen, en daarnaast zijn er natuurlijk erg veel bezienswaardigheden. Maar ik blijf (hoe ironisch) liever dicht bij huis, omdat ik een bloedhekel aan autorijden heb.

Iets wat me het meest tegenstaat, is dat je hier zo moeilijk vrienden maakt. Mensen zijn heel erg vriendelijk, maar indirect en afstandelijk. Je bent jaren bezig om een vriendschapsband te maken, maar dan nog merk je dat ze liever iets anders doen.

Verder zou het goed zijn als die kleine van ons op kan groeien tussen mensen die goed Engels spreken, want mijn echtgenote en ik moeten het doen met ESL.

Mijn vakgebied maakt trouwens een enorme recessie door, waardoor het extra lastig is om iets nieuws te vinden. Er wordt nauwelijks meer gepubliceerd, en iedereen is druk bezig om nieuwe vakgebieden aan te boren. Mij is niet duidelijk waarom, er is nog voldoende te doen, maar misschien ben ik de enige die een bord voor z'n kop heeft.
Good intentions and tender feelings may do credit to those who possess them, but they often lead to ineffective — or positively destructive — policies ... Kevin D. Williamson
  Moderator donderdag 15 oktober 2015 @ 10:04:23 #16
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_156846888
Het NWO wil vanaf 2017

quote:
transparanter flexibeler, krachtiger meer coherent en duurzaam invulling kan geven aan de missie
Echt hč dat taalgebruik van dat soort instellingen snap ik echt niet... een flexibele missie dat betekent dat je je missie naar eigen goeddunken kunt aanpassen :? Een krachtiger missie invulling betekt dat meer geld, vaker geld krachtiger of gewoon harder roepen dat je iets oplost :? Een transparantere missie, volgensmij is transparantie een eigenschap van een materiaal dat je er doorheen kunt kijken dus ze willen een doorzichtige missie die hoe je ook kijkt uit niets lijkt te bestaan :? Een coherente missie dus een missie die niet uit elkaar valt of niet geframenteerd is en vooral een missie waarvan de fase in de tijd gelijk blijft en alle onderdelen dezelfde fase hebben :? En bovenal een duurzame missie, dat betekent dat de missie aansluit op de behoeften van het heden zonder het vermogen van toekomstige generaties om in hun eigen behoeften te voorzien in gevaar te brengen. Maar het klinkt wel een beetje als we doen het beste voor vandaag en het beste voor de toekomst, erg makkelijk...

Ik kan er met de grootste wil van de wereld niet meer van maken dan "bla bla bla bla"
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
pi_156846945
Het is wat 'het publiek' wil horen... ;(
Ja doei.
  Moderator donderdag 15 oktober 2015 @ 10:10:34 #18
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_156846987
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 10:08 schreef motorbloempje het volgende:
Het is wat 'het publiek' wil horen... ;(
het probleem is dat ik door dit soort taalgebruik bij elke call denk dat is niet voor mij bedoeld... ze kunnen alles zo wollig omschrijven dat ik geen idee meer heb wat ze nou bedoelen.
  donderdag 15 oktober 2015 @ 10:14:26 #19
66825 Reya
Fier Wallon
pi_156847053
quote:
2s.gif Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 10:04 schreef Bosbeetle het volgende:
Het NWO wil vanaf 2017

[..]

Echt hč dat taalgebruik van dat soort instellingen snap ik echt niet... een flexibele missie dat betekent dat je je missie naar eigen goeddunken kunt aanpassen :? Een krachtiger missie invulling betekt dat meer geld, vaker geld krachtiger of gewoon harder roepen dat je iets oplost :? Een transparantere missie, volgensmij is transparantie een eigenschap van een materiaal dat je er doorheen kunt kijken dus ze willen een doorzichtige missie die hoe je ook kijkt uit niets lijkt te bestaan :? Een coherente missie dus een missie die niet uit elkaar valt of niet geframenteerd is en vooral een missie waarvan de fase in de tijd gelijk blijft en alle onderdelen dezelfde fase hebben :? En bovenal een duurzame missie, dat betekent dat de missie aansluit op de behoeften van het heden zonder het vermogen van toekomstige generaties om in hun eigen behoeften te voorzien in gevaar te brengen. Maar het klinkt wel een beetje als we doen het beste voor vandaag en het beste voor de toekomst, erg makkelijk...

Ik kan er met de grootste wil van de wereld niet meer van maken dan "bla bla bla bla"
Boodschap is niet voor jou bedoeld, maar voor bureaucraten en politici. Genoeglijk negeren, dus :+
pi_156847105
quote:
2s.gif Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 10:04 schreef Bosbeetle het volgende:
Het NWO wil vanaf 2017

[..]

Wat is trouwens "de missie" van het NWO?
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
last.fm Album top 100
pi_156847130
Vandaag mijn laatste PhD-contract dag :o
"Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little piece by piece"
last.fm | Rate Your Music | MusicMeter | top 100 nummers | top 100 albums | top 50 2013 | top 100 jazz | Onze-blog: pat-sounds
  Moderator donderdag 15 oktober 2015 @ 10:20:11 #22
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_156847144
Dit is trouwens het hele stuk: http://www.nwo.nl/actueel(...)-voor-nieuw-nwo.html

quote:
Er komt ook een brede Raad van Advies voor de dialoog met de samenleving
Dialoog met de samenleving voelt toch een beetje als praten met iemand over een onderwerp waar die ander geen interesse in heeft.
  Moderator donderdag 15 oktober 2015 @ 10:20:40 #23
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_156847148
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 10:17 schreef Felagund het volgende:

[..]

Wat is trouwens "de missie" van het NWO?
Goede vraag.
pi_156847150
quote:
7s.gif Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 10:18 schreef Norrage het volgende:
*O* (denk ik?)

Iemand van mijn cohort kreeg gisteren te horen dat het wenselijk is over 10 maanden haar thesis al te submitten. Ik ben blij dat die van mij me iets minder pushen. Althans, ik heb mezelf een maand of 10 gegeven, en zij waren juist degenen die zeiden 'bwah, doe rustig aan!' :o
Ja doei.
pi_156847153
quote:
7s.gif Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 10:18 schreef Norrage het volgende:
Krijg je vanaf morgen dan direct meer betaalt? Of moet je daarop wachten tot de verdediging?
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
last.fm Album top 100
abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')