quote:
6s.gif Op woensdag 4 juni 2014 09:54 schreef Dagoduck het volgende:

[..]

Schitterend nummer maar wakker word ik er niet van :D

Deze wel _O_

Net iets te hard voor wakker worden.

Dan dit maar :*

pi_140698188

Doe mij deze dan maar. In het begin rustig tijd om wakker te worden om daarna helemaal wakker te zijn.
Feyenoord Rotterdam
  woensdag 4 juni 2014 @ 10:00:06 #28
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140698200
Deze bouwt ook wel lekker op:

|| FOK!Stok || tatatatatataatatatattaaaaapiediedieuwtididipieuwpidibididi She said I'll throw myself away pididididum They're just photos after all! || Den Helder || Winnaar VBL Wijndal-award 2020: beste AZ-user! || Mijn concertstatistieken ||
pi_140698224
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 4 juni 2014 09:59 schreef Fuszy het volgende:

Doe mij deze dan maar. In het begin rustig tijd om wakker te worden om daarna helemaal wakker te zijn.
Luister die van mij maar, die bouwt heerlijk op _O_
pi_140698271
Wel heerlijk dat er op het nieuwe album dus maar 8 nummers komen. Maar die heerlijk lang gaan duren _O_

"And I want to say that it's only eight songs but I think it might be our longest record because, as I was writing these songs, I had to take a cinematic approach. Like I couldn't just write a three-and-a-half-minute long KROQ jingle and film it for the finale of an episode about the history of music in New Orleans, ya know?"
  woensdag 4 juni 2014 @ 10:04:08 #31
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140698290
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 4 juni 2014 10:01 schreef Lamabal het volgende:

[..]

Luister die van mij maar, die bouwt heerlijk op _O_
|| FOK!Stok || tatatatatataatatatattaaaaapiediedieuwtididipieuwpidibididi She said I'll throw myself away pididididum They're just photos after all! || Den Helder || Winnaar VBL Wijndal-award 2020: beste AZ-user! || Mijn concertstatistieken ||
pi_140698311
quote:
1 van mijn favoriete nummers _O_

Release op 8 november. Van nieuwe FF album
  woensdag 4 juni 2014 @ 10:48:12 #33
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140699327
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 4 juni 2014 10:04 schreef Lamabal het volgende:

[..]

1 van mijn favoriete nummers _O_

Release op 8 november. Van nieuwe FF album
Fuck yeah *O*
  woensdag 4 juni 2014 @ 14:39:22 #35
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140705743
quote:
FAT FUCKING LIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ik heb die EP waar dat nummer op staat trouwens :P '5 songs and a cover'

World staat er ook op _O_

Deze is ook wel nice met Hawkins op zang en Dave op drums:
pi_140706020
quote:
6s.gif Op woensdag 4 juni 2014 14:39 schreef Dagoduck het volgende:

[..]

World staat er ook op _O_

Deze is ook wel nice met Hawkins op zang en Dave op drums:
Die laatste is heerlijk
pi_140707584
quote:
6s.gif Op woensdag 4 juni 2014 14:39 schreef Dagoduck het volgende:

[..]

Bij mij staat-ie op de B kant van de single van Best of You geloof ik.
  woensdag 4 juni 2014 @ 16:06:32 #38
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140708429
quote:
14s.gif Op woensdag 4 juni 2014 15:39 schreef Orbeatle het volgende:

[..]

Bij mij staat-ie op de B kant van de single van Best of You geloof ik.
Oja, bij mij ook. En Kiss The Bottle en nog een videoclip met een interview:

woensdag 4 juni 2014 @ 23:36:04 #39
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140729204
http://www.rollingstone.c(...)_campaign=newsletter

quote:
Inside the Foo Fighters' Wildly Ambitious New Album and HBO Series
Dave Grohl's sonic adventure: what's next for the tireless bandleader?

By DAVID FRICKE
June 4, 2014 11:10 AM ET
"This is the most terrifying part – the last day of the week," Dave Grohl says over the phone one morning from New Orleans, in a voice actually more heavy with excitement than fear. The Foo Fighters' singer-guitarist-leader is about to go to a local studio where his band will film a live performance of a new song. The scary part: Grohl is singing words he just finished writing yesterday, based on his week here working on an episode of Sonic Highways, an eight-part TV series about America's greatest music cities.

30 Best Music Documentaries on Netflix Streaming This Instant

Conceived and directed by Grohl, the show – to be shown on HBO starting in October – follows the Foo Fighters as they immerse themselves in the history, culture and personalities of the nation's rock, blues, punk, funk and country capitals, including Chicago, Nashville, Austin, Seattle and Washington, D.C. Each visit culminates with the Foos cutting a new song in that town, with lyrics reflecting Grohl's revelations there. The eight tracks will be on the Foos' new album and out in the fall in conjunction with the series and the group's 20th anniversary.

"I don't write the words until the day before I sing them, sometimes that morning," Grohl explains avidly. "It's also a relief, because I'm pulling direct inspiration." In D.C., that meant revisiting scenes from Grohl's hardcore-punk adolescence there. In Nashville, he talked to country singers about that music's deep roots in the church. And in New Orleans, Grohl spoke to R&B authorities such as Allen Toussaint and Trombone Shorty, while the Foos played a riotous concert with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, jamming on hits like "This Is a Call" with Crescent City pepper.

"We were hanging on for dear life with those guys," Foos drummer Taylor Hawkins confesses. "To have their drummer Joe Lastie next to me, playing the craziest upside-down stuff – I just tried to keep time. I wanted to hear him."

"I don't want Foo Fighters to turn into a zydeco band – I like my Foo Fighters," Grohl contends, laughing. "But when Joe Lastie shows you the evolution of rhythm or Cyril Neville tells you how a steamboat's paddle wheel influences the rhythm of the city, it's inevitable that it makes its way into what you do."

Grohl notes something he learned while talking to Woody Guthrie's daughter Nora for an episode: "She said he was basically a reporter. He wrote what he saw." In Sonic Highways, "we're the reporters." (Disclosure: I was interviewed for the series.)

The series is Grohl's follow-up to his acclaimed debut as a director, 2013's Sound City, about the fabled studio in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, where Grohl's previous band, Nirvana, recorded their breakthrough album, Nevermind. "The thing people appreciated about Sound City was the humanity – the stories of the people there," Grohl says. "I thought, 'Let's do the same for studios all over the country.'"

All 102 Nirvana Songs — Ranked

Originally, Grohl wanted to go worldwide, filming and recording in cities such as Johannesburg, South Africa, and São Paulo, Brazil. "That was financially impossible," he concedes. "And we're an American band. We wouldn't be the band we are if it wasn't for the cities here and their music."

Still, Grohl says, "this project is like eight Sound Citys" in its production and storytelling scale. And Grohl is covering most of the costs himself with some help from HBO. He mentions the Foo Fighters' two stadium gigs in Mexico City last winter: "Those were free shows for my band. That money went into this series."

Nina Rosenstein, senior vice president of HBO Entertainment, has been on the phone with Grohl "almost on a daily basis" during filming, she says. "You instantly feel his passion." The difference between Sound City and Sonic Highways is in the personal way Grohl steers his narrative. "In Chicago, you have the blues scene," Rosenstein explains. "But then there is a curve in the road, and he talks about going to see Naked Raygun" – the early-Eighties Chicago punk band – "with his cousin and about that light bulb going off: 'This is who I am, what I want to be.'"

Grohl and his Foos – Hawkins, bassist Nate Mendel and guitarists Pat Smear and Chris Shiflett – began musical pre­production for the album with producer Butch Vig last year. "It was a complicated process," Grohl says. "I studied each city's history and decided on a theme. Then I looked at all of the music I'd written in the past couple of years and matched the theme to the music."

But it was all raw material until filming, as every city shaped the band's relationship to the music and Grohl gathered lyric inspiration from the memories and insights of local players and experts. Hawkins likens the recording sessions at each stop to "tricking out a car. We get a new stereo put in. We put the wheel rims on. We have a pretty good idea of what the song will be like. But then Dave says, 'We're gonna throw a go-go-beat section in the middle,' to be on the edge a little bit more."

"It's an eight-song album," Grohl says. "But it's gonna be our longest album – because there are some epic jams. When you get Joe Walsh with you out in the desert" – referring to a session with the Eagles guitarist at a studio in Joshua Tree, California – "it's not going to be a three-minute pop single. It gets a little weird."

In the middle of making Sonic Highways, Grohl took a night off in April to play drums on Nirvana songs again with Smear and bassist Krist Novoselic at the band's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, with the late Kurt Cobain represented at the mic by iconic and rising women: Joan Jett, Kim Gordon, St. Vincent and Lorde. It was a stunning performance, one of the best in Hall of Fame history. It was also about honoring the past with new work – a lot, Grohl agrees, like his TV show.

Read Nirvana's Hall of Fame Speech

"Evolution has to be emphasized," he insists. "It's easy and beautiful to sit back and watch legends do what they've been doing for dec­ades. But what's exciting in rock & roll is to see what comes next. Lorde may be a superstar, but she's deep, man" – although, Grohl confesses, "I barely got to say two words to her. She flew from God knows where, and we rehearsed the song once. Then we walked onstage and did it. It was very Nirvana," he adds with a rough chuckle, "one rehearsal and not a lot of communication."

After hitting the road to make Sonic Highways, Grohl and the Foos will hit it again to promote the broadcast and album. "We miss playing," he says with more of that excitement in his voice. "Last night at Preservation Hall felt so good. I mean, it's what we do. It's strange to think that I've just toured America, and now I have to tour it again. But I'll do it happily."

Grohl is also ready to jump to his next project. "I'm not kidding – I already have the idea for it, it's fucking rad and nobody's done it yet," he raves. "I came up with this idea a month and a half ago, and everyone said, 'Dude, calm the fuck down. Let's finish this one first.'

"Hey, kudos to every musician who stands in front of a mic and hits 'record,'" Grohl says. "But at this point in my life, that's not enough for me. It's time to think of ways to do it differently."

This story is from the June 19th, 2014 issue of Rolling Stone.
  vrijdag 13 juni 2014 @ 15:04:42 #40
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_141032115
  zaterdag 14 juni 2014 @ 15:08:39 #41
417552 mrsmith0331
continue as planned
pi_141071169
Kom maar door voor een showtje!
pi_141443205
quote:
On June 22, 2014, it was announced that the Foo Fighters eighth studio album would be titled Lanterns and would be released on November 4, 2014.

[ Bericht 1% gewijzigd door #ANONIEM op 23-06-2014 11:13:57 ]
  maandag 23 juni 2014 @ 22:04:17 #45
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_141469090
quote:
14s.gif Op maandag 23 juni 2014 11:13 schreef Loveless85 het volgende:

[..]

Fuck Yeah *O*
  dinsdag 24 juni 2014 @ 00:43:32 #46
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_141476921
Foo Fighters voor het eerst in Zuid-Afrika.

woensdag 25 juni 2014 @ 14:57:59 #47
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_141533239
quote:
14s.gif Op maandag 23 juni 2014 11:13 schreef Loveless85 het volgende:

[..]

Fake dus.
pi_141533304
quote:
9s.gif Op woensdag 25 juni 2014 14:57 schreef Dagoduck het volgende:

[..]

Fake dus.
Echt? Kwam van Wikipedia, twijfelde al een beetje omdat er geen bron bij stond :')
  woensdag 25 juni 2014 @ 15:00:26 #49
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_141533331
quote:
8s.gif Op woensdag 25 juni 2014 14:59 schreef Loveless85 het volgende:

[..]

Echt? Kwam van Wikipedia, twijfelde al een beetje omdat er geen bron bij stond :')
Ik vond het al een kutnaam.
pi_141883216
quote:
Foo Fighters willen meer crowdfund concerten geven

Dave Grohl laat weten dat zijn band openstaat voor meer door fans gefinancierde concerten.

Foo Fighters geven later dit jaar een volledig door fans gefinancierd concert in de Amerikaanse stad Richmond. De fans hadden via een crowdfunding site een campagne opgezet om de band eindelijk weer eens hun kant op te krijgen. Het laatste concert van de rockers daar is alweer vijftien jaar geleden.

Dave Grohl enthousiast over crowdfund concerten
Frontman Dave Grohl sprak recent met het Zuid-Afrikaanse radiostation 5FM over dit initiatief. Hij is er heel enthousiast over en denkt dat deze manier van optredens plannen wel eens de toekomst zou kunnen zijn. "I'm telling you, it could become the way that bands decide where they want to play."

Foo Fighters luisteren naar fans
Tot nu toe hebben Dave en zijn bandgenoten altijd zelf besloten waar hun concerten plaatsvinden, maar als ze nu horen dat mensen graag willen dat ze naar ze toekomen, staan ze daar zeker open voor.

"It's a fun thing; it sort of changes the game. For the past 20 years we always decided who we're going to play with and where we're going to play. But now, if we hear that people want us to come somewhere, maybe we'll come there."
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')