222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_138421863
http://www.rollingstone.c(...)_campaign=newsletter

quote:
Jack White Releases New Song for Upcoming Album 'Lazaretto'
Listen to guitar madness of instrumental 'High Ball Stepper'

By JON BLISTEIN. April 1, 2014 11:40 AM ET

Jack White will release his new solo album Lazaretto on June 10th via his own Third Man Records and Columbia, and the former White Stripes frontman already has a blistering new cut available for your ear-busting pleasure.

You can check out "High Ball Stepper" below, a scorched Earth instrumental in which White only snaps out of his guitar madness for brief interludes of flourishing piano. The track comes complete with a wild video of close up shots of bouncing, jiggling paint that's being propelled fittingly enough by the vibrations from a massive speaker cabinet.

A pre-order of a special limited edition copy of Lazaretto is available by signing up for the Third Man Records' Vault, open through April 30th. The Vault edition of Lazaretto features the album pressed on blue-and-white vinyl, a fold-out poster, a classic National Archives photo that appears throughout the album art and a 7-inch featuring demo versions of two Lazaretto cuts, "Alone in My Home" and "Entitlement." The package also includes a bonus 40-page hardcover book complete with lyrics, musical notation and photos.

Lazaretto follows up White's 2012 solo debut, Blunderbuss, and the guitarist already has a handful of festival dates lined up for this summer, including stops at Governors Ball, Bonnaroo and Forecastle Festival. White's other group the Dead Weather will also return with a new album in 2015, and will release a series of two-song sets throughout this year via Third Man.

In a chat with fans on the Third Man message board earlier this year, White dropped news of the album. "I'm producing two albums this month, and finishing them," he said. "One of them is mine." In an interview with Rolling Stone last year, White mentioned that he had 20 to 25 songs already written. "It's definitely not one sound," he said of the new material. "It's definitely several. Like you heard in Blunderbuss, there's many different styles there. I don't pick my style and then write a song. I just write whatever comes out of me, and whatever style it is is what it is, and it becomes something later."
Nieuwe single:

|| FOK!Stok || tatatatatataatatatattaaaaapiediedieuwtididipieuwpidibididi She said I'll throw myself away pididididum They're just photos after all! || Den Helder || Winnaar VBL Wijndal-award 2020: beste AZ-user! || Mijn concertstatistieken ||
  woensdag 2 april 2014 @ 00:07:09 #2
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_138422109
http://www.rollingstone.c(...)album-title-20140401

quote:
What Is a Lazaretto? Behind Jack White's New Album Title
Investigating the etymology of the obscure title behind Jack White's forthcoming LP

By NICK MURRAY. April 1, 2014 12:45 PM ET

Earlier today, Jack White released a new track, the instrumental "High Ball Stepper," and announced that on June 9th he'll be releasing his second solo studio album, Lazaretto, a follow-up to 2012's Blunderbuss.

So: What is a lazaretto? The term first appears in English – or at least, in the Oxford English Dictionary – with William Thomas' mid-16th Century The Historie of Italie. There, the Welsh scholar writes, writes of a house "two miles from Venice, called the Lazaretto" where people sick with the plague are cared for.

According to Jane L. Stevens Crawshaw's Plague Hospitals: Public Health for the City in Early Modern Venice, the term is a corruption of the name of that original building, a converted monastery located on an island outside Venice that reopened as Santa Maria di Nazareth in 1423. Another account, however, posits the term as descending from the Gospels – either the story in "Luke" where Lazarus, a poor man "full of sores" dies outside a rich man's gate but finds their positions reversed in the afterlife, or the story in "John" where Jesus returns to the town of Bethany to heal a presumably different Lazarus, a man who has been dead for the past four days. As you might have guessed, this Lazarus comes back to life.

Today, however, the word, which since the mid 18th Century has grown increasingly obscure, refers to a Santa Maria–like house for the occupancy of the diseased poor or a ship or building set apart for quarantine.
|| FOK!Stok || tatatatatataatatatattaaaaapiediedieuwtididipieuwpidibididi She said I'll throw myself away pididididum They're just photos after all! || Den Helder || Winnaar VBL Wijndal-award 2020: beste AZ-user! || Mijn concertstatistieken ||
  Moderator woensdag 2 april 2014 @ 09:06:58 #3
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_138426356
Wat was nummer 1 zou je die even hier neer kunnen zetten dan maak ik er een reeks van!
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
  woensdag 2 april 2014 @ 11:13:56 #4
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_138429077
quote:
2s.gif Op woensdag 2 april 2014 09:06 schreef Bosbeetle het volgende:
Wat was nummer 1 zou je die even hier neer kunnen zetten dan maak ik er een reeks van!
Had ik hier al gevraagd ;)

MUZ / [FB & FAQ] FOK!king Ball!
  woensdag 2 april 2014 @ 11:21:50 #5
230450 ShevaJB
Rock beat tempo 155
pi_138429304
Goed nieuws! Blunderbuss heb ik veel geluisterd, ben dan ook erg benieuwd naar dit album.
[b]Doe'k 't now wel, doe'k 't now niet of krieg ik spiet
[/b]
[b]Op vrijdag 15 januari 2010 10:36 schreef boudemaniak het volgende:[/b]
Eindbaas ^O^
  Moderator woensdag 2 april 2014 @ 13:25:55 #6
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_138433273
quote:
14s.gif Op woensdag 2 april 2014 11:13 schreef Dagoduck het volgende:

[..]

Had ik hier al gevraagd ;)

MUZ / [FB & FAQ] FOK!king Ball!
ah okay, reeks gemacht
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
  woensdag 2 april 2014 @ 20:05:19 #7
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_138447240
Ik heb Consolers of the Lonely van The Raconteurs weer eens opgezet, is alweer een paar jaar terug dat ik die voor het laatst heb gehoord. Blijft een lekker album!
pi_138447630
Als ie dan toch in Europa is deze zomer, dan kan ie ook wel even naar Nederland komen. :)

quote:
Jack is excited to announce that he will be headlining the Open`er Festival in Gdynia, Poland on July 4, 2014. Visit the festival's site for tickets and more information.
https://www.facebook.com/(...)546763?stream_ref=10

http://opener.pl
Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil.
  woensdag 2 april 2014 @ 20:25:03 #9
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_138448228
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 2 april 2014 20:12 schreef Felixa het volgende:
Als ie dan toch in Europa is deze zomer, dan kan ie ook wel even naar Nederland komen. :)

[..]

https://www.facebook.com/(...)546763?stream_ref=10

http://opener.pl
Pearl Jam en The Black Keys staan daar ook, misschien die kant maar op :o
pi_138506377
pi_138621335
3 juli in de HMH!
Voorverkoop vanaf 11 april, kaarten EUR 38,-

http://www.livenation.nl/(...)ts?c=jackwhite_TW_WP
pi_138622598
Tijdens Werchter.. wat een k*t planning. :')
pi_138623769
Inderdaad, ik ga zelf ook naar Werchter. :{
Maar wie weet komt ie nog naar Duitsland of België, dan reis ik daar desnoods wel heen.
  maandag 7 april 2014 @ 22:50:08 #14
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_138633683
Woohoo *O*
pi_139663176
quote:
JACK WHITE KOMT MET LP VOL TECHNISCHE SNUFJES

7 MEI 2014
Hologrammen, geheime nummers, tegendraads afspelen. Het nieuwe album Lazaretto van Jack White komt in de vorm van de Ultra LP: een lp vol technische snufjes.

Dat Jack White en het uitgeven van platen op een bijzondere manier hand in hand gaan bleek al tijdens de vorige editie van Record Store Day toen hij de snelst uitgebrachte plaat maakte. Nu heeft hij wederom een bijzondere manier bedacht om zijn nieuwe soloalbum Lazaretto uit te geven: namelijk in de vorm van de Ultra LP. De plaat is voorzien van 2 stuks 180-gram vinyl en elke vinylstuk bevat een ‘verstopt’ nummer. Dat White de term hidden track wel heel letterlijk heeft genomen blijkt namelijk uit de plek waar deze te vinden te zijn: onder het label waar ook de tracklist en nummering op staan. Beide verstopte tracks dienen ook nog eens op een andere snelheid (45 RPM en 78 RPM) te worden afgespeeld. De rest van de plaat is op 33 RPM, het album moet dus op drie snelheden worden afgespeeld om volledig tot zijn recht te komen, wat de meeste platenspelers niet kunnen.

Om het nog bonter te maken speelt een kant van de lp van binnen naar buiten. Ook zijn er de zogeheten ‘locked grooves’ toegevoegd aan de uiteinden van de plaat. Dat wil zeggen wanneer de plaat af is zal het laatste geluid dat er op staat zich eindeloos blijven herhalen.

Als kers op de taart is er ook nog eens een hologram op de plaat te zien. Kijkend vanuit een bepaalde hoek kun je een ronddraaiend plaatje van engelen op de elpee ontdekken. Over de Ultra LP zegt White het volgende: ‘Tijdens het mixen van het album begon ik met het ontwikkelen van ideeën over het design van de elpee. Ik wilde kijken wat er anders kon, naar wat nog niet eerder is gedaan.’

Lazaretto verschijnt op 10 juni. De Ultra LP gaat hetzelfde kosten als de standaardversie.
bron

_O_
pi_139664136
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 7 mei 2014 16:02 schreef Felixa het volgende:

[..]

bron

_O_
Die wil ik wel graag aan mijn collectie toevoegen. :Y
pi_139705833
Concert in de HMH is verplaatst naar 1 juli! Nu kan ik wel, joehoe!! *O*
  donderdag 8 mei 2014 @ 18:26:28 #18
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_139706172
Op dinsdag sport ik! :(
  vrijdag 16 mei 2014 @ 17:15:55 #19
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140025691
pi_140031262
Hij doet 't niet hier. Hij gaat tot 0'22, zonder geluid, en dan stopt ie. :{
  vrijdag 16 mei 2014 @ 20:11:32 #21
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140031559
Hier werkt hij wel gewoon.
pi_140031743
Veels te duur die HMH ;(
pi_140047352
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 16 mei 2014 20:02 schreef Felixa het volgende:
Hij doet 't niet hier. Hij gaat tot 0'22, zonder geluid, en dan stopt ie. :{
Op mijn telefoon doet ie het wel. Raar... Maar klinkt wel lekker, zeg!
  woensdag 11 juni 2014 @ 10:45:12 #24
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140947220
Een paar uur terug livestream van Jack White concert in Hollywood, hier terug te kijken:

http://www.npr.org/event/(...)ack-white-in-concert

Setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/set(...)ood-ca-6bc0123a.html
  woensdag 11 juni 2014 @ 21:12:49 #25
222754 Dagoduck
ROCK 'N' GROHL
pi_140968057
Wat vinden jullie van het nieuwe album trouwens?
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')