abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 16:14:07 #151
39333 Zelva
Fortunate observer of time
pi_129294748
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 14:04 schreef ThePlaneteer het volgende:
Maar in voetbal heb je helemaal niks aan doping joh :')
Klopt, daar werkt het zelfs averechts.
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 17:33:18 #152
23344 Sheepcidus
Is it an excuse?
pi_129297136
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 16:14 schreef Zelva het volgende:

[..]

Klopt, daar werkt het zelfs averechts.
Dan gaan ze hard rennen en maken daardoor sneller een domme beslissing. :Y
Were making, were making!
Radio Soulwax!
pi_129297190
quote:
14s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 17:33 schreef Sheepcidus het volgende:

[..]

Dan gaan ze hard rennen en maken daardoor sneller een domme beslissing. :Y
Heb je ineens 20 Schakens, Castelens en Johns :D
pi_129298036
quote:
I doped for 1998 Tour de France, confesses Australian cycling star Stuart O'Grady

STUART O'Grady has admitted to doping before the 1998 Tour de France and says one horrible mistake will tarnish his entire career.

The South Australian cycling star tonight broke down as he told The Advertiser of his decision to take performance enhancing EPO in the two weeks before the `98 Tour.

He retired on Monday after riding a record 17th Tour de France amid speculation he would be named in a French Senate inquiry into doping in sport.

The inquiry listed one of his urine samples from the '98 Tour as "suspicious".

In an exclusive interview with The Advertiser, O'Grady admitted he sourced the EPO - a blood booster - and administered it without anyone knowing.

He then carried it with him during the `98 Tour, but never used it during the race.

MORE: CYCLISTS WHO TESTED POSITIVE FOR BANNED EPO

He said he felt he had no other option and had to use it to survive or be competitive in the race during the sport's dirtiest era.

O'Grady said he destroyed it (EPO) when the Festina Affair, where riders were booted off the Tour for alleged doping, blew up in the first week.

O'Grady is adamant he never used EPO, or any other banned substance again.

"Leading into the Tour I made a decision," he said.

"I sourced it (EPO) myself, there was no one else involved, it didn't involve the team in any way.

"I just had to drive over the border and buy it at any pharmacy.

"The hardest part of all this is I did it for two weeks before the Tour de France.

"I used extremely cautious amounts because I'd heard a lot of horror stories and did the absolute minimum of what I hoped would get me through.

"When the Festina Affair happened, I smashed it, got rid of it and that was the last I ever touched it.

"That's the hardest thing to swallow out of all this - it was such a long time ago and one very bad judgement is going to taint a lot of things and people will have a lot of questions."

O'Grady, an Olympic gold medallist and Paris-Roubaix champion, said the hardest thing was telling his parents in Paris on Monday.

"It was the worst moment of my life," he said.

"I just asked them to listen so I could paint a complete picture.

"All I've ever wanted in my career was to make mum and dad and my family proud.

"You win Olympics, Paris-Roubaix and now all of that is going to be tainted by this action and I wish it could be changed but it can't."

O'Grady was 24 at the time and riding for French team GAN.

In the 1998 Tour de France he won Stage 14 and became the second Australian to ever wear the yellow jersey.

"I want to paint a picture why I chose this avenue and make people understand how different things were and how isolated I felt," he said.

"After my first Tour (in 1997) when I was dropped after 5km on a mountain day and you're questioning what the hell I am doing in this sport you're not anywhere near competitive at something you're supposed to be pretty good at.

"It wasn't systematic doping, I wasn't trying to deceive people, I was basically trying to survive in what was a very grey area.

"We're humans who make mistakes. It was a decision I made at the time which I thought would basically get me through the Tour."

O'Grady is adamant he never cheated after that.

"It was for an extremely small percentage of my entire life," he said.

"When you start seeing riders getting arrested around you, people being taken to jail, that's all I needed to scare me.

"I was lucky enough to win a lot of things, they can test my samples from Paris-Roubaix and my Olympic medals for the next thousand years, they're not going to find anything.

"There is nothing more to hide.

"I have done everything since then on natural ability and when people ask `why are you still racing?'

"I guess part of me deep down is to prove that you can do the Tour clean, win Olympic gold medals clean.

"You can do as much as your natural ability allows you to and I've been riding myself into the ground trying to help out young guys, to be the leader, and maybe a small part of that is to punish myself for my own guilt."

Despite his guilt, he never wanted to come forward.

"Who in their right mind and the environment we've been in the last couple of years would stand up and be crucified?

"I guess I just wanted this to go away and the only person I've cheated out of all this is myself, my family and friends.

"I've been the one living with it and trying to smash it out ever since."

O'Grady still has not been approached by any French government official but said he feared this day could be coming when he read a story about a list of failed drug tests from the 1998 Tour being released.

He said he knew it was time to retire after winning the teams time trial with Orica-GreenEDGE on Stage 4 of the Tour this month.

"I was standing up on the podium with the boys after winning the team time trial and I thought `this is it'," O'Grady said.

"I knew about what I'd done in the past, that the time to hang up my bike was coming, my family would be here and this was the final chapter I needed for closure."

O'Grady a six-time Olympian between 1992 and 2012 said he could have kept lying in the face of his `suspicious' test result.

"There is no B Sample, I could have kept lying, there is nothing but my confession right now," he said.

"I want to close this chapter of my life and have a fresh start. I realise there are going to be consequences but I don't want to stand in front of people anymore and lie."

He said he would take some comfort knowing two of his best mates, Australian Matt White and Scot David Millar, had been through similar circumstances and emerged on the other side.

"Deep down I knew I'd made a mistake, and if there's anyone on this planet who has never made a mistake come up and throw the first rock.

"I realise my situation is different to most people but we are human beings.

"I spent my whole childhood dreaming of racing for Australia and every moral gene in my body was anti-doping and anti-cheating, the whole time I was around the AIS helped me achieve that.

"Then all of a sudden I was on my own in Europe getting my arse kicked and knowing it was around you (which) opened the option for bad judgement."

http://www.heraldsun.com.(...)gr0c3f-1226684658992
Heel geloofwaardig Stuart :')
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:01:46 #155
293345 IkeDubaku99
The Investigator
pi_129298084
Zeggen ze allemaal.
pi_129298110
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:00 schreef TheArt het volgende:

[..]

Wat een kneusje zo :') Zabel v2.0
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:07:43 #157
168304 Mani89
We try not to sexualize them.
pi_129298296
Dat hij hiermee nog durft aan te komen zetten :')
Reis ver, drink wijn, denk na, lach hard, duik diep. Kom Terug.
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:21:02 #158
14505 OProg
A Life in Music
pi_129298814
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 16:13 schreef Joost-mag-het-weten het volgende:

[..]

Voor zover ik het begrepen heb is dat ook niet positief. Men ziet in de tests aanwijzingen tot gebruik, maar niet voldoende om het juridisch hard te maken. Ook nu zijn er nog regelmatig "verdachte" stalen waarmee Men door de mazen van het net glipt. Wat Men dan wel doet is die renners vaker gaan controleren ...
Dat klopt. Maar het is nu toch geen juridisch verhaal meer. Dus we kunnen er wel gewoon van uit gaan dat er iets niet in de haak was. Gevolgen zitten er toch allemaal niet meer aan. Rook en vuur verhaal.
"Het is oorlog, bedankt Vannoppen, bedankt Van der Linden. Dit is het laatste dat ik voor de Belgische ploeg gedaan heb. Ze kunnen allemaal de boom in."
Improv: Rich Tapestry of Life
pi_129298913
Ondertussen zijn er vandaag 23 Russische atleten geschorst (5x BMX, 1x Baanwielrennen, 3x wegwielrennen, 4x atletiek en 10x gewichtheffen).
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:28:10 #160
14505 OProg
A Life in Music
pi_129299072
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:00 schreef TheArt het volgende:

[..]

Die baalt want hij dacht waarschijnlijk dat hij positief zou zijn ipv alleen maar verdacht. :')

Voor mijn part straffen voor het houden van een stom lulverhaal. Of hou gewoon je snavel dicht of bevestig het en haal je schouders op. Maar dit soort geleuter. :r
"Het is oorlog, bedankt Vannoppen, bedankt Van der Linden. Dit is het laatste dat ik voor de Belgische ploeg gedaan heb. Ze kunnen allemaal de boom in."
Improv: Rich Tapestry of Life
pi_129299085
Er was er ook eentje bij (Yevgeniya Pecherina), die positief testte één week voordat haar vorige schorsing uit 2011 afliep :')
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:30:32 #162
168304 Mani89
We try not to sexualize them.
pi_129299157
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:28 schreef wimderon het volgende:
Er was er ook eentje bij (Yevgeniya Pecherina), die positief testte één week voordat haar vorige schorsing uit 2011 afliep :')
Haha mijn hemel :')
Reis ver, drink wijn, denk na, lach hard, duik diep. Kom Terug.
pi_129299336
O'Grady, waarom doe je dit nou :')
"Ik heb nog met hem gekoerst"
pi_129299459
doen ze toch ook allemaal net zoals Boogerd die met droge ogen beweert dat hij tijdens zijn overwinning op la Plagne clean was
pi_129299460
Rusland. _O_ :') Al die atleten die ook whereabouts opgaven in Rusland, net als Menchov, net alsof ze je daar uberhaupt kunnen komen opzoeken... _O-

En haha, die Zabel-bekentenis van O'Grady, echt, die verdient direct een positieve test uit een ander jaar eroverheen met zo'n huichelverhaal...
Jack does it in real time...
  woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:41:39 #166
56724 Wombcat
rent wiel
pi_129299550
quote:
2s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:39 schreef Evertjan het volgende:
doen ze toch ook allemaal net zoals Boogerd die met droge ogen beweert dat hij tijdens zijn overwinning op la Plagne clean was
Ja, maar die dag had 'ie niets genomen, dus was 'ie clean :')
in a crowd you lose humanity
pi_129299596
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:41 schreef Wombcat het volgende:

[..]

Ja, maar die dag had 'ie niets genomen, dus was 'ie clean :')
volgens het boek Bloedbroeder kreeg hij voor la Plagne nog een bloedtransfusie van zijn broer
pi_129299641
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:39 schreef DeeBee het volgende:
Rusland. _O_ :') Al die atleten die ook whereabouts opgaven in Rusland, net als Menchov, net alsof ze je daar uberhaupt kunnen komen opzoeken... _O-

En haha, die Zabel-bekentenis van O'Grady, echt, die verdient direct een positieve test uit een ander jaar eroverheen met zo'n huichelverhaal...
Zou mooi zijn als ze zeggen van dan pakken we je PR staal er even bij en dat die dan ook gewoon aan alle kanten positief is :D
pi_129299662
quote:
2s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:42 schreef Evertjan het volgende:

[..]

volgens het boek Bloedbroeder kreeg hij voor la Plagne nog een bloedtransfusie van zijn broer
Dat is ook maar een gaar verhaal. Lijkt me nogal sterk.
  Redactie Sport / Supervogel woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:44:49 #170
270182 crew  Pino112
Pino van Luna O+
pi_129299677
Stu ;(
  Eindredactie Sport / Forummod woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:47:43 #171
284411 crew  heywoodu
Van bijna dood tot olympiër:
pi_129299780
quote:
10s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:24 schreef wimderon het volgende:
Ondertussen zijn er vandaag 23 Russische atleten geschorst (5x BMX, 1x Baanwielrennen, 3x wegwielrennen, 4x atletiek en 10x gewichtheffen).
Link? Kan er niks over vinden, maar ben wel benieuwd.
Van bijna dood op weg naar de Olympische Spelen, tot olympiër in 2026? Elk beetje hulp wordt bijzonder gewaardeerd!
https://www.gofundme.com/(...)he-spelen-na-ongeval
pi_129299935
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:47 schreef heywoodu het volgende:

[..]

Link? Kan er niks over vinden, maar ben wel benieuwd.
http://www.rusada.ru/press/news
  Eindredactie Sport / Forummod woensdag 24 juli 2013 @ 18:53:50 #173
284411 crew  heywoodu
Van bijna dood tot olympiër:
pi_129300026
Rusland :D

Persberichten over echt alles zie ik, gewichtheffen uiteraard, worstelen, zelfs dovenjudo _O_
Van bijna dood op weg naar de Olympische Spelen, tot olympiër in 2026? Elk beetje hulp wordt bijzonder gewaardeerd!
https://www.gofundme.com/(...)he-spelen-na-ongeval
pi_129300203
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:53 schreef heywoodu het volgende:
Rusland :D

Persberichten over echt alles zie ik, gewichtheffen uiteraard, worstelen, zelfs dovenjudo _O_
Dovejudo :D Blindenjudo lijkt me grappiger :P
pi_129300245
quote:
8s.gif Op woensdag 24 juli 2013 18:44 schreef Pino112 het volgende:
Stu ;(
St(f)u hihi :P
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')