pi_134123279
Iemand die hier nog naartoe gaat?

http://www.betrue.nl/nieu(...)-op-9-januari-in-ede
“Tomorrow there’ll be sunshine, And all this darkness past”
pi_134368196
Bruce interview/nieuws van Rolling Stone

quote:
Bruce Springsteen on 'Anomaly' of a New Album 'High Hopes': Exclusive
Plus: The possibility of 2014 U.S. tour dates, his unusual recording process and more
Comment
Bruce Springsteen and Tom Morello perform in Los Angeles, California.
Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
By Andy Greene
December 17, 2013 9:00 AM ET

Tom Morello was driving around Los Angeles in late 2012 when "High Hopes" – one of the most obscure songs in Bruce Springsteen’s vast catalog, originally released on a forgotten 1996 EP – came on E Street Radio, the SiriusXM channel devoted to Springsteen. "I was reminded what a jam it was," says the Rage Against the Machine guitarist, who was preparing to serve as a temporary replacement for Steve Van Zandt on the E Street Band’s 2013 tour of Australia. "In the middle of the night, I texted Bruce and said, 'What do you think about 'High Hopes' for the tour?’ He agreed we should put it in the set." Little did Morello realize that a new version of "High Hopes" would become the title track of Springsteen’s 18th studio album, due out January 14th.

15 insanely great Bruce Springsteen songs you've never heard

High Hopes is a first for Springsteen: a studio album composed entirely of covers, outtakes and radically reimagined versions of fan-favorite songs from past albums and tours. High points include a cover of Seventies punk pioneers Suicide ("Dream Baby Dream"); songs originally wrote for 2002's The Rising ("Harry's Place," "Down in the Hole"); and searing new takes of concert staples "The Ghost of Tom Joad" and "American Skin (41 Shots)." "The best way to describe this record is that's its a bit of an anomaly," says Springsteen. "But not much. I don't really work linearly like a lot of people do."

Springsteen has always written and recorded significantly more songs than can fit on to whatever album he's creating at the moment. "I have a lot of this music on a computer," he says. "I bring it out on the road to amuse myself. Very often, if I have nothing to do late at night I'll bring it up and look at different bodies of music."

The songs that began catching Springsteen's attention were largely recorded after he reunited with the E Street Band in 1999. "The songs were relatively current and had a similar sound picture," he says. "I was interested in putting this material together in some form because it sounded like it all fit together. . .You have to imagine that when I'm home or done with a tour I go into a studio and I'm surrounded by paintings that I've sorta half-finished. There might be something wrong with this one and I didn't have time to finish this one. When I go into my studio, I'm surrounded by all my music that I haven't released. I wait to see what's going to speak to me."

In December of 2012, he called producer Ron Aniello, whom he first worked with on 2012’s Wrecking Ball, and him to sort through about 15 songs. "He said, 'I’m on the road right now – just fool around with them and see what you think you can do,'" says Aniello. "Although they didn't fit the particular story he was telling for each album – you know how crazy he is about having each album tell a linear story. But these were fantastic songs."

Don't miss 10 rare photos of Eighties-era Bruce Springsteen

Springsteen — who has grown close with Tom Morello ever since they first performed together in 2008 — wound up having the guitarist play on six songs, including new renditions of "American Skin (41 Shots)" and "The Ghost of Tom Joad." "He became a filter that I ran my music through," says Springsteen. "He would send the songs back to me with a very current slant on them. . .He jolted those songs into the now. He's one of the few guitarists that creates a world by himself. It's like The Edge or Pete Townshend or Johnny Marr. The E Street Band is a big house, but when Tom is on stage he builds another room."

In March 2013, Springsteen and the E Street toured Australia with Morello. Everyone was impressed by the crowd’s enthusiastic reactions to its new, Morello-assisted arrangement of "High Hopes" (written in the late Eighties by folk singer Tim Scott McConnell) and amped-up cover of "Just Like Fire Would" by Aussie punk legends the Saints. Springsteen called up engineer Nick DiDia – an old friend who recently relocated to Sydney – and booked some impromptu sessions. "We had no plans to record," says Springsteen. "But I found a hook to bring these songs to life and I was anxious to get to work on them."

Between revamped versions of the studio outtakes he had sent Aniello, plus new recordings of the covers and live favorites that Morello was infusing with fresh energy onstage, Springsteen realized he had enough material for an album. There was just one problem: The E Street Band had worldwide dates booked for the rest of the year. So he decided to record the entire LP between shows – something he’d never tried before – with members of the band overdubbing new parts at Aniello's Los Angeles studio or Springsteen’s home studio in New Jersey during breaks. "Previously, everything was like when I was a kid," says Springsteen. "I needed the peas to be on one plate and the corn had to be on another plate and I didn't like them to touch. That's where I was coming from. I thought everything had to be very segregated."

For Morello, getting to work with Springsteen more closely over the past year has been the thrill of a lifetime. "I am not a casual Bruce Springsteen fan –I am a big Bruce Springsteen fan," he says. "And 'The Ghost of Tom Joad' is one of his best songs. It cuts to the core of his social-justice writing. This version starts as a plaintive ballad, which feels like a lament, and becomes a full-bore rocker that feels like a threat."

A few weeks after High Hopes arrives, Springsteen and the E Street Band – with Morello in tow – will kick off a five-week tour of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. One thing that's not on the books right now: any dates in the U.S., where they haven’t played since late 2012.

"We're looking around now to see what we might do," says Springsteen. "I don't want to say 'yes' because I don't want to disappoint people, but I certainly don't want to rule it out either. We're looking closely out at since there's places we missed on the last tour. We didn't get to Texas, where I love to play. We didn't get to Florida either. It might be fun to get back to some of those places."

This year also marks the 30th anniversary of Springsteen’s smash Born in the U.S.A. but his manager Jon Landau says there are no plans to celebrate that with a deluxe reissue – at least not yet. "There's ongoing work on a River box set," says Landau. "Maybe we’ll do that first. And we're doing some major work on his first two albums [1973's Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. and The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle] as we speak. Those will be forthcoming."

Springsteen didn't release a new studio album during the seven years between The Ghost of Tom Joad and The Rising, but he doesn't imagine anything like that will ever happen again. "It's like that old story," he says. "The light from the oncoming train focuses the mind."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.c(...)131217#ixzz2nk9jUD3x
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
River Box, Greetings & Wiess met major work ben benieuwd!
pi_134398250
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 17 december 2013 15:48 schreef Earl_J_Hickey het volgende:
Bruce interview/nieuws van Rolling Stone

[..]

River Box, Greetings & Wiess met major work ben benieuwd!
Nice! Ben vooral benieuwd naar greetings en wiess.

Is bruce gestopt met het posten van clips?
pi_134398282
Greetings en WIESS??? _O_ _O_
"Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little piece by piece"
last.fm | Rate Your Music | MusicMeter | top 100 nummers | top 100 albums | top 50 2013 | top 100 jazz | Onze-blog: pat-sounds
pi_134641999
Was toch Trapped net even op Serious Request. *O*
Op woensdag 9 juni 2010 @ 09:07 schreef lezzer: Verder legt fruityloop uitstekend uit hoe het in het echte leven gaat.
  dinsdag 24 december 2013 @ 10:08:33 #281
67174 Dos37
Come on Twente
pi_134642223
Verder is onze held nog maar weinig voorbij gekomen

quote:
Tuesday 24-12-2013 09:43 Bruce Springsteen Trapped (Spijkerman Versie)
Sunday 22-12-2013 20:23 Bruce Springsteen Merry Christmas Baby
Sunday 22-12-2013 02:02 Bruce Springsteen Born To Run
Saturday 21-12-2013 07:04 Bruce Springsteen I'm On Fire
Friday 20-12-2013 02:17 Bruce Springsteen Working On The Highway
Thursday 19-12-2013 08:36 Bruce Springsteen Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Thursday 19-12-2013 00:29 Bruce Springsteen Badlands

[ Bericht 7% gewijzigd door Dos37 op 24-12-2013 10:30:10 ]
Premier League toto winnaar 2007-2008 en [b]2008-2009[/b]
Held Blaise NKUFO [b]All time topscoorder in Enschede[/b]
[b]WE WON IT ELEVEN TIMES![/b]
pi_134643635
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 24 december 2013 09:57 schreef fruityloop het volgende:
Was toch Trapped net even op Serious Request. *O*
Mooi moment altijd :Y.
pi_134802429
De loodgieter was te laat, ik herhaal de loodgieter was te laat! :)
pi_134803148
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 28 december 2013 21:32 schreef Earl_J_Hickey het volgende:
De loodgieter was te laat, ik herhaal de loodgieter was te laat! :)
?
  zaterdag 28 december 2013 @ 21:52:24 #285
67174 Dos37
Come on Twente
pi_134803399
Album is gelekt ;)
Premier League toto winnaar 2007-2008 en [b]2008-2009[/b]
Held Blaise NKUFO [b]All time topscoorder in Enschede[/b]
[b]WE WON IT ELEVEN TIMES![/b]
  zaterdag 28 december 2013 @ 21:53:05 #286
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_134803436
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 28 december 2013 21:52 schreef Dos37 het volgende:
Album is gelekt ;)
Dan gaan we eens opzoek :s)

-edit- gevonden
pi_134805288
Harry's Place is F*****n gaaf :)
pi_134807745
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 28 december 2013 21:53 schreef Timo20 het volgende:

[..]

Dan gaan we eens opzoek :s)

-edit- gevonden
pm 8-)
pi_134808603
^O^
Als het niet kan zoals het moet, dan moet het maar zoals het kan
  zondag 29 december 2013 @ 00:05:33 #290
228665 Peter88Online
You may say I'm a dreamer
pi_134810523
Ik ben hem nu ook aan het beluisteren. Tot nu toe erg goed. Wat is Down In The Hole schitterend _O_.
pi_134811353
Die Hammond in down the hole _O_
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.
  zondag 29 december 2013 @ 00:37:57 #292
228665 Peter88Online
You may say I'm a dreamer
pi_134812152
Mijn indruk is bij 1x luisteren vrij goed. Als je niet zou weten dat het nummers zijn die al een tijdje op de plank lagen, zou je dat ook niet erin terug horen naar mijn mening. Op Ghost Of Tom Joad na dan natuurlijk ;).
pi_134812444
Hmm gelekt? Ben benieuwd en heb lage verwachtingen :P
"Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little piece by piece"
last.fm | Rate Your Music | MusicMeter | top 100 nummers | top 100 albums | top 50 2013 | top 100 jazz | Onze-blog: pat-sounds
pi_134812614
Kan iemand mij ook even pm-en? O-)
pi_134819125
Harry's Place :7

Wat een fijn nummer zeg!
pi_134819410
Wat een geweldig album. Bij de laatste 3 nummers kreeg ik gewoon kippenvel. Dream Baby Dream is de beste van het album, al had ik hem eerder gehoord van die clip.

BRUCE _O_ _O_ _O_
pi_134826365
Ook maar even gedownload.
Wat zijn jullie favorieten?
  zondag 29 december 2013 @ 14:39:00 #298
193759 BartUlft
Working on a dream
pi_134826938
Na één luisterbeurt American Skin (41 shots) en The Ghost of Tom Joad als favorieten. Verwacht dat The Wall nog ff moet vallen. En Dream Baby Dream kende ik uiteraard al, maar die is ook lekker.
En moet zeggen, Just like fire would, beetje de vreemde eend op dit album. Maar wel lekker catchy!
pi_134828251
Mijn favo's tot nu toe
Harry's Place
Just Like Fire Would
American Skin
This Is Your Sword

Nummers die me nu nog niet zo veel doen
High Hopes
Down In The Hole
Hunter of Invisible Game
pi_134836324
Een verlaat kerst kado dus....

Heerlijke plaat die ik natuurlijk 14 januari gewoon ga kopen maar dan wel de special edition (met live dvd).
abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')