woensdag 4 juli 2012 @ 21:42:41 #176
172669 Papierversnipperaar
Cafeïne is ook maar een drug.
pi_113779730
quote:
14s.gif Op woensdag 4 juli 2012 13:00 schreef borisz het volgende:
39 - 478. ACTA = Dood.

Free Assange! Hack the Planet
[b]Op dinsdag 6 januari 2009 19:59 schreef Papierversnipperaar het volgende:[/b]
De gevolgen van de argumenten van de anti-rook maffia
  donderdag 5 juli 2012 @ 02:31:31 #177
pi_113792794
[b]Op dinsdag 6 januari 2009 19:59 schreef Papierversnipperaar het volgende:[/b]
  donderdag 5 juli 2012 @ 16:03:56 #178
pi_113810187
quote:
quote:
As many of you will have noticed, there haven’t been a lot of ‘TANGO DOWNS’ over the last few months. There is a reason for this. I decided that I should concentrate a little more on targeted intelligence gathering and a little less on the violent internet smackdown that is XerXeS and others.

I needed a way to get undisputable evidence as to the real world identity of ‘the mark’ – whatever the ‘mark’ or target was, be it Anons, Jihadist bomb plotters or forum admins, or whoever.

Over the last few months I have been running ‘Project Looking Glass’.

So what is it?

The Looking Glass is based upon the open source Browser Exploitation Framework – I used this as its truly modular framework lends itself well to me modifiying and hacking it to pieces in order to get it to do what I want it to, without losing direction or straying from the confines of the original mission spec or waste time re-inventing the wheel. One of the bonuses of open-source code right?

The entire project comprises of the ‘looking glass’ server, which I will be talking about here, and numerous other ‘bait’ servers which have the the ‘hook code’ embedded in certain pages that they serve up. Once a target hits the page they immediatley pop up on the looking glass HUD and information starts getting logged and a profile of the ‘mark’ starts to form. I am not going into much more detail on this for obvious reasons. But I will say the highly targeted nature of how the hook code is served up to the ‘mark’ leaves very little room for error, mistaken identity or false positives.

Here’s a screenshot of the moment @joshthegod of #UGNazi stumbled through the looking glass after being on the target list for only two days prior. (Click for fullsize) and here’s the tweet I posted that same day (June 14) – https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/213281821704732672

quote:
So why would I let this out of my bag?

I haven’t actually given away any operational details, they key to this is in the delivery of the hook code, location of ‘bait servers’ etc. The hook code, by the way, can also be injected using XSS into any vulnerable 3rd party website, so the target doen’t even have to hit one of my ‘bait boxes’.

Project Looking Glass is not available or downloadable to the public, although I am sure within a few hours there will be claims you can download it here there and everywhere, as was the case with XerXeS. Please be advised I never released XerXeS and I won’t be releasing Project Looking Glass. If some one says they have it, they are lying to you and most likely try to infect you with malware.
  donderdag 5 juli 2012 @ 20:37:57 #179
pi_113821434
  donderdag 5 juli 2012 @ 21:17:46 #180
pi_113823304
Het Duitse Gema was al eerder slachtoffer van Anonymous. Maar ze zijn hardleers:

quote:
Berlijns nachtleven dreigt aan banden te worden gelegd

De talrijke toeristen die al eens het plaatselijke nachtleven zijn ingedoken zullen het wellicht beamen: de clubscene in de Duitse hoofdstad behoort tot de top in Europa. Daar zou wel 's verandering in kunnen komen nu de Duitse auteursrechtenmaatschappij clubs die laat openblijven in de gaten houdt.

Met legendarische clubs als Berghain, Watergate en Weekend in het aanbod is er voor clubbers keuze te over in het Berlijnse nachtleven. Maar de machtige auteursrechtenmaatschappij Gema, die de belangen van zo'n 65.000 artiesten behartigt, kan daar mogelijk verandering in brengen, meldt The Guardian op zijn website.

'Bijdrage tien keer hoger'
Gema wil vanaf 1 januari een nieuw inningssysteem invoeren dat gebaseerd is op een percentage van de ticketverkoop en de grootte van een club. Daar komt nog een toeslag van 50 procent bovenop voor evenementen die langer dan 5 uur duren, en voor zaken die tot na 3u 's ochtends geopend blijven. 'Dit zal voor 60 procent van de clubs geen enkele prijsverhoging betekenen, integendeel', zegt Gema. Maar de dancings die tot in de vroege uurtjes feestvierders toelaten, vrezen dat ze vijf tot tien keer zoveel zullen moeten ophoesten dan het bedrag dat ze nu betalen.

'Een gemiddelde club die nu 28.000 euro per jaar aan auteursrechten betaalt, zal dan een rekening van 180.000 euro gepresenteerd krijgen', rekende de Berlijnse federatie van clubuitbaters uit. 'In dat geval zullen heel wat dancings de deuren moeten sluiten.'

Doodssteek
Vooral Berghain, dat feestjes organiseert die soms 48 uur lang doorgaan, zegt dat de nieuwe inning een doodssteek zou betekenen. De bijdrage voor de club zou in het nieuwe systeem liefst 1.400 procent hoger liggen dan vandaag. Zelfde verhaal bij Watergate, dat momenteel 10.000 euro per jaar betaalt maar vanaf volgend jaar 200.000 euro zou moeten neertellen. 'Hoe kan je in godsnaam ondernemen in zulke omstandigheden?', vraagt uitbater Steffen Hacks zich in Die Tageszeitung af.

Protestacties
Wat slecht is voor de clubscene, zou ook beroerd kunnen zijn voor het Berlijnse toerisme in het algemeen. Van de ruim 10.000 toeristen die Berlijn elk weekend aandoen, noemt ruim een derde het clubleven als grootste attractie.

Clubbers, toeristen en uitbaters blijven niet bij de pakken neer zitten. Clubs in heel Duitsland hielden op 30 juni vijf minuten stilte om de situatie aan te klagen, en een optocht tegen Gema lokte meer dan 5.000 betogers. Daarnaast wist een petitie tegen de nieuwe Gema-tarieven al ruim 200.000 handtekeningen te verzamelen.
  vrijdag 6 juli 2012 @ 00:09:36 #181
pi_113832437
quote:
Your phone may not be safe at protests

Ever wondered why your cell phone reception suddenly becomes terrible at protests? Ever worried that police could use electronic spoofing devices to suck up your mobile data because you are in the streets exercising your rights?

You might have been onto something.

Mobile "IMSI catchers", currently on the market and being pushed to police and intelligence agencies worldwide, enable these creepy, stealth spying tactics. And if they build it and hawk it, history tells us police will buy it and deploy it.

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012, electronic privacy advocate and technology researcher Chris Soghoian tweeted a link to a photograph of a talk he gave at TED in Scotland in late June. Behind him in the photograph is another image, this one taken by privacy researcher Eric King at a surveillance trade show. (King's Twitter bio contains a quote from a representative of the notorious ISS World -- a global surveillance trade firm that often hosts such trade shows: the rep called him an "Anti-lawful interception zealot blogger." High praise.)

Look at the slide behind Soghoian; that's the photo in question. It shows an IMSI catcher strapped onto a model, under the model's shirt.

IMSI stands for "International Mobile Subscriber Identity". The technology is essentially a mobile phone tower with "a malicious operator". It mimics the behavior of a cell tower and tricks mobile phones into sending data to it, instead of to the tower.

. As such it is considered a Man In the Middle (MITM) attack. It is used as an eavesdropping device used for interception and tracking of cellular phones and usually is undetectable for the users of mobile phones.

Once it has made a connection with the phone and tricked it into thinking it is a mobile tower, the IMSI catcher forces the phone to drop its encryption, enabling easy access to the contents of the device. The tool then lets the attacker listen in on mobile conversations and intercept all data sent from a mobile phone, remaining undetected. In some cases the tool also allows the operator to manipulate messages.

Here's a creepy video that a purveyor of IMSI catchers made to advertise its product:
quote:
The FBI uses IMSI catchers and claims it does so legally, even though it says it doesn't need a warrant to deploy them. The Electronic Privacy Information Center is currently pursuing FOIA litigation to find out exactly how the bureau uses the "Stingray" (a brand name IMSI catcher); unsurprisingly, the FBI wasn't forthcoming with documents to reveal its legal standard or other information about how it uses the tool. Stay tuned for more information as that case makes its way through the courts.
pi_113833368
Goed werk Papierversnipperaar, ik zie dit topic nu pas!

Blijf zo doorgaan, respect! Ik ga dit topic zeker volgen :)
"An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people."
  vrijdag 6 juli 2012 @ 02:39:24 #183
pi_113837469
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 6 juli 2012 00:28 schreef Probably_on_pcp het volgende:
Goed werk Papierversnipperaar, ik zie dit topic nu pas!

Blijf zo doorgaan, respect! Ik ga dit topic zeker volgen :)
Welkom. De een komt, de ander gaat:

quote:
The End. #TeaMp0isoN

So, here we are, at the end of TeaMp0isoN.

I just wanted to say few words before I leave, you can consider them to be motivational or
just bullshit, honestly I dont care.

So, few years ago we started this cause, fighting for freedom, activism, hacktivism etc...
We raised alarm in the government, they have seen that we can win this war, that we can take our own freedom back, our own lives back.
They started fighting back, but we have choose to not give up, to not bow in front of them
and let them take our souls and imprison them.
But im glad to see US all united, painters, musicians, teachers, wives, kids, doctors, lawyers,
im glad that all those people are now united, and they act as one.

War in Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Libya etc...
People, realise thats just start, thats not even a glimpse of whats coming,
Im not gonna talk about illuminati, about satan, about faith or religion,
Im just going to tell you that you should check your own town and see how many poor people is there.
How many people were fucked by government, how many people were fucked by banks,
how many homeless people are dyeing in the streets during winter, how many poor people are dyeing from hunger.

Im not gonna tell you that hacking or hacktivism is not illegal, and not dangerous,
im not gonna tell you I enjoyed it.
I wake up 20 times during night because im paranoid, I dont want to end in jail...
You can call me a coward, you can call me whatever you want,
but I, I was here for years, I did fight for people, I did fight for freedom,
but now time has come that I feel im not good for it anymore,
this has drained so much life out of me, and I feel I didnt get enough people to hear
what I fight for, what WE fight for.

Im just begging you one thing, not just hackers, but everyone, even politicians.
Do not be ignorant towards US who are fighting for our freedom,
dont judge us for what we do, we are not terrorists,
we are just normal humans, who are fighting for better cause, fighting for people,
fighting for better future for our kids.
Do not fight each other, there is no sense in that, you are just runing each others
lives, if you hate someone who is fighting same cause as you, dont attack him,
dont troll him, dont prank him, dont ruin his life over little things.

Think bigger, think about future, because today you are a kid, but tomorow you will
have your own kids, and then you will realise how much you could do to help them
live better, to help them not be afraid of their own government.

Dont do work on this cause because of fame, work on because its right.

I ve lost so much in this fight, like every soldier on this battlefield.
So many friends got arrested, TriCk, MLT, Phantom.
I call them heroes, I call them freedom fighters.
I know that they and I will be forgotten in few months,
but I hope this msg will remain on the internet,
and that you the people will share it amongst urselves.

So now, im telling you goodbye.
Thanks for all those supporting us, and helping us fight this war.
Thanks for all those that respected us, and didnt leave us when things went bad.
Thank you alot.

#FreeTriCk
#FreeMLT
#FreePhantom
#FreeUsAll
#Freedom

So this is the end of TeaMp0isoN, we arent coming back anymore,
whoever tells you he is TeaMp0isoN or starts using our name,
do not believe him, because this is the end of us.

root@TeaMp0isoN:$ shutdown -n
  vrijdag 6 juli 2012 @ 23:22:36 #184
pi_113874435
quote:
“Anonymous” Hacks Anti-Piracy Takedown Tool

This spring nearly all popular BitTorrent sites were blocked by Indian ISPs following a court order. The blockades were eventually lifted, but the many “Anonymous” groups who revolted are not done yet. The latest target is the anti-piracy group Copyright Labs, whose servers were painfully compromised this week. The hackers didn’t take the site down, but altered the message that is sent to website owners by their automated takedown tool.

Two months ago millions of Indians were shaken up by a mass anti-piracy action.

Internet providers all across the country blocked access to major BitTorrent sites such as The Pirate Bay and Torrentz.eu after a local court issued a so-called John Doe order.

The order wasn’t targeted at a specific site or ISP but gave the copyright holder carte blanche to demand broad blockades, which they did. In response, Internet providers, government websites and media companies were targeted in DDoS attack reprisals by “Anonymous” groups.

The blockades were eventually lifted with the Madras High Court ruling that Internet providers can no longer be asked to ban entire sites. With that, millions of Indians were able to access their favorite sites again. In future, copyright holders will have to specify the exact URLs where their content is being made available.

This is where the Indian anti-piracy group Copyright Labs comes in again. The group, who previously demanded site-wide blocks, switched to contacting owners of file-sharing sites with the request to remove specific URLs.

However, a certain “Anonymous” group took exception to this new strategy and let this be known in an unusual way.

Earlier this week the owner of BitSnoop, one of the largest BitTorrent sites on the Internet, received more than a dozen emails from Copyright Labs. The emails in question (see screenshot at the bottom of this article) did not include the usual links, but a special message from “Anonymous.”

Here’s an excerpt taken from one of the the emails:

… The URLs where our copyrighted material is located include:

Kudos to SFLC for following it up and trying to find out how the HC order was misused by ISPs and CopyrightLabs
We are Anonymous you should have expected us
GTFO
best of luck sorting thousands of mails
Get a life
Nobody watches those fucking movies anyway they are flop
You are hated all over the internet
With enough soap you can blow just about anything

You are requested to remove this infringing material from your website immediately and not copy it and not make it available to other websites or viewers. …

Somehow, the person who gained access to the Copyright Labs web server managed to replace the takedown URLs with their message. Using the Anonymous handle the hacker(s) point out that they disapprove of Copyright Labs’ anti-piracy efforts.

This message was sent in hundreds, if not thousands of emails to various website owners. Needless to say, BitSnoop’s owner wasn’t pleased with the bogus takedown emails, and he sent the following reply to Copyright Labs.

. Hello,

Your email is blacklisted, don’t bother sending any more.

We don’t care if you were hacked or whatever – not our job to read this crap.

This left the Indian anti-piracy group with no other option than to apologize.

In their reply the anti-piracy group asks for forgiveness while noting that the BitTorrent site has always been very helpful.

. Dear Sir,

Our apologies for the confusion caused. Our system was hacked. BitSnoop has been great support to us always with speedy responses. We request u to kindly accept our apologies and support us as always.

Best Regards

HARISH RAM L H
CEO
Copyright Labs

It’s interesting to see that Copyright Labs is so fond of BitSnoop, because a letter obtained by the Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) clearly shows that the group demanded the site to be taken down in April, along with 271 other sites.

How much damage Anonymous has done to Copyright Labs’ server is unknown, but its website has been unreachable for days. At the time of publication the Copyright Labs site is still displaying a “down for maintenance” notice.

zaterdag 7 juli 2012 @ 01:59:41 #185
pi_113880177
quote:
quote:
For several years, we've been reporting about a crisis in Scientology as key members of the church -- including some of its highest-ranking former executives -- have left the organization and spoken out about its abuses. One by one, longtime, loyal Scientologists have announced that they are fed up and are leaving the church.

But now, for the first time in memory, an entire mission has announced that it is defecting from the church en masse.
quote:
On January 2, Lemberger received a copy of Debbie Cook's infamous New Year's Eve e-mail. Cook, a well-known former executive in the church, stunned her fellow Scientologists by putting out a lengthy message detailing how Miscavige has turned the church over to "extreme fundraising" and is getting away from the precepts of Scientology founder, L. Ron Hubbard. The church sued Cook for sending the e-mail, then it later reached a settlement with her in return for her promising to say no more publicly about her experiences.

But Cook's New Year's Eve message continues to do major damage, as other longtime, loyal Scientologists announce that they are leaving the organization because of the same concerns with David Miscavige's leadership.
quote:
"The Freedom magazine had referred to Marty Rathbun having a blog. So I went to the Internet, finally," he says. A loyal (if often complaining) member of Scientology for more than 30 years, Lemberger had never explored the 'Net to see what people were saying about his church -- and he knew nothing about the crisis it was in.

But now he absorbed as much he could stand.

"I found out that the world has changed," he says.
  zaterdag 7 juli 2012 @ 19:03:21 #186
pi_113899693
quote:
quote:
The Katie Holmes-Tom Cruise split apparently has had a negative effect on the Church of Scientology, and a faction of the church is calling for members to take action and silence naysayers.
quote:
The message instructs followers to visit media sites, including Microsoft, Google or any other that requires users to agree to a code of conduct that prohibits comments that threaten, defame or degrade any group or individuals.

Followers should hunt for any comments about the Cruise-Holmes divorce, click the "Report" tag, and report the comments as violations of the site's code of conduct, the email instructs.

quote:
The author of the email notes that if only one person does it, the news site moderators won't act. Thus, the email says, "if you start to have 10 or 20 people reporting it, they are going to take this down."

Blogger Rathbun notes that the attempt to censor website comments is like showing up to a nuclear war with a squirt gun.

. When will David Miscavige (supreme leader of corporate Scientology and Tom Cruise's best man) ever learn that attempts to suppress communication and expression only make more news than the news he attempts to censor?
Streisand effect ftw :9
  zaterdag 7 juli 2012 @ 19:28:03 #187
pi_113900424
  zondag 8 juli 2012 @ 00:52:55 #188
pi_113912279
quote:
A MASKED group, claiming to be allies of global hacker group Anonymous, have picked up litter in Tokyo.

The 80-strong collective said yesterday's busy bee was a protest against Japan's tougher laws against illegal downloads.

In light rain, they took part in an "anonymous cleaning service" for one hour in a park and on pavements in the shopping and entertainment hub of Shibuya, a change from the group's trademark website attacks.

They were dressed in black and wore masks of Guy Fawkes, the central figure in England's 1605 Gunpowder Plot to blow up parliament, which have become a symbol of protests by the loosely linked alliance around the world.

Last month, Japan's parliament enacted new copyright laws that could mean jail for anyone illegally downloading copyrighted music and movies.
Digital Pass

On June 26, websites of the Japanese finance ministry, the Supreme Court and other public offices were defaced or brought down after an Anonymous online statement denounced the new laws.

The statement claimed Japan's recording industry and other content providers were now pushing internet service providers to implement surveillance technology that will spy on every single Internet user in Japan.

The group, which assembled for the clean-up service in Tokyo, attributed the cyber attacks to other Anonymous elements around the world.

"We prefer constructive and productive solutions," the group said in a statement. "We want to make our fellow citizens aware of the problem with a productive message."

"In IRC (Internet relay chat), somebody proposed cleaning as a means of protest as we didn't want to follow the style of mass anti-nuclear rallies which are getting too much," said a spokesman for the assembly.

"I guess this is the first time that a Japanese-led Anonymous group stages an outside operation," said the man who said he works as an engineer in the computer industry.

"The cleaning service has amused overseas Anonymous allies as something unique to the Japanese," said another spokesman. "We want to continue stating our case on the net."
  zondag 8 juli 2012 @ 00:59:43 #189
pi_113912471
quote:
Innodata Isogen Databreach

Fukushima Daiichi
Vietnam Nuclear Power Development

On July 5th 2012, Anonymous published 1.2 Gigabyte of internal data from IT-service company Innodata Isogen. In total there is 40 Gigabyte to be released, including communication between top management of business data provider Thomson-Reuters which has yet to be disclosed.

The initial batch of leaked material mostly contains documents from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in particular regarding the development of a nuclear infrastructure in Vietnam. These files include English and Vietnamese documents, scans of diplomatic passports and complete information about key personell like the Vietnamese Vice Minister of Science and Technology and Director General of the Agency for Radiation and Nuclear Safety.

At this moment we decided against mirroring the entire dump to avoid overwhelming information. Instead we start by presenting selected material that we consider interesting, most notably documents from IAEA and The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commision (NRC) about the 2011 nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. This material is not necessarily classified but nonetheless interesting. We plan to publish all relevant material from the Innodata dump related to Fukushima Daiichi as collected information since it is unknown whether all of this information has already been disclosed to the public or will remain publically accessible. Check back on this site for new documents, the latest entry will be on top.
  zondag 8 juli 2012 @ 11:18:05 #190
pi_113918041
quote:
Net Neutrality’s Death Rattle Starts July 12

ISPs are about to start policing your downloads on behalf of monolithic organizations like the RIAA and MPAA. Are you ready for the internet nanny state?

Last year, Comcast, Cablevision, Verizon, and Time Warner Cable agreed to take steps to combat piracy on their networks. Translation: the ISPs said they would monitor your internet traffic and make your life hell if they suspect you're up to illegal file sharing.

Speaking at the Association of American Publishers' annual meeting, RIAA CEO Cary Sherman says that the ISPs are all on track to kick off the "anti-piracy initiative" by July 12th. What exactly that means depends varies from ISP to ISP. CNET reports:
  Moderator / Redactie Sport maandag 9 juli 2012 @ 22:24:04 #191
92686 crew  borisz
Keurmeester
pi_113989773
winnaar wielerprono 2007 :) Last.FM
  maandag 9 juli 2012 @ 22:44:35 #192
pi_113991067
quote:
Anonymous Group Says It Gave Syrian E-mails to WikiLeaks

Days after WikiLeaks began releasing a trove of more than 2 million e-mails stolen from Syrian officials, ministries and companies, members of an Anonymous group have claimed responsibility for the hacks and document dump to Wikileaks.

In a press release published Saturday, a group calling itself Anonymous Op Syria disclosed that its members hacked into multiple domains and dozens of servers inside Syria on Feb. 5 to obtain the e-mails, which it then gave to WikiLeaks.

WikiLeaks began publishing the e-mails on July 5, working with several media partners outside the United States, but didn’t disclose its partnership with Anonymous.

In its intro to the e-mail cache, WikiLeaks indicated that they came from 678,000 individual e-mail addresses and 680 domains, including ones belonging to Syria’s Ministries of Presidential Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Finance, Information, Transport and Culture. At least 400,000 of the e-mails are in Arabic and 68,000 are in Russian.

The documents range from “the intimate correspondence of the most senior Baath party figures to records of financial transfers sent from Syrian ministries to other nations,” according to WikiLeaks.

The Anonymous team, composed of members of three groups known as Anonymous Syria, AntiSec, and the Peoples Liberation Front, says it had been assisting activists in Syria since protests began against the Syrian regime more than a year ago, and that the team worked round-the-clock shifts to hack the servers.

“So large was the data available to be taken, and so great was the danger of detection (especially for the members of Anonymous Syria, many of whom are ‘in country’) that the downloading of this data took several additional weeks,” says the group in its statement.

Last March, the group hinted at the treasure it possessed when it leaked about 3,000 e-mails from the personal e-mail account of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad and his wife Asma to the Guardian newspaper in London.

Leaking the entire trove of e-mails, however, proved to be more difficult.

“We gave Syrian mails to Wikileaks after trying unsuccessfully to make a deal with Al Jazeera English,” a member of the group told Wired in an instant message exchange. “We like the Wikileaks concept, and they do a good job of releasing these kinds of things. We successfully released Stratfor together previously, and both learned from our mistakes there.”

Last December, Anonymous hacked into servers belonging to the U.S.-based security firm Stratfor and stole about 5 million e-mails, which the group gave to WikiLeaks. The e-mails were published in February.

The Anonymous member wouldn’t elaborate to Wired on the nature of the mistakes that Anonymous and WikiLeaks had learned from their previous partnership, but added that this time around, the team also gave copies of the Syrian e-mails to the Associated Press news agency, based in the United States.

“We gave a copy to the AP too, for the lulz,” the Anonymous member said.

The group noted in their public statement that there will be “many more disclosures of this type in the future as this wonderful partnership between WikiLeaks and Anonymous continues to grow stronger and change human history.”

So far, only a few dozen e-mails have been published from the cache.

In its intro to the e-mail cache, WikiLeaks boasted that they will “shine a light on the inner workings of the Syrian government and economy” and “reveal how the West and Western companies say one thing and do another.”

But to date, only one item of news value has been uncovered in the published e-mails, according to Forbes. This regards information that an Italian firm Finmeccania offered a communications system to the Syrian and Iranian governments, which the Italian and Spanish newspapers L’Espresso and Publico published in their coverage of the e-mails.
  maandag 9 juli 2012 @ 22:48:19 #193
pi_113991286
quote:
Anonymous Operation Syria - Press Release

Friday - July 6, 2012 10:45 PM ET USA

Anonymous has watched with deep satisfaction the recent public disclosure of over 2 million E-Mails belonging to the evil Assad regime and related companies in Syria. Anonymous has been assisting the protesters in Syria since the first week of their revolution over a year ago, and we are grateful to see such a mighty blow dealt to the Assad regime. But as we read through the seemingly endless media coverage of this massive and historic disclosure, there seems to be one very obvious question that no one is asking. Where exactly did WikiLeaks get all these E-Mails? This press release is written and addressed to the media and the world to answer this important un-asked question.

On Febuary 5, 2012 at approx. 4:00 PM ET USA an Anonymous Op Syria team consisting of elements drawn from Anonymous Syria, AntiSec (now known as the reformed LulzSec) and the Peoples Liberation Front succeeded in creating a massive breach of multiple domains and dozens of servers inside Syria. This team had been working day and night in shifts for weeks to accomplish this feat. So large was the data available to be taken, and so great was the danger of detection (especially for the members of Anonymous Syria, many of whom are "in country") that the downloading of this data took several additional weeks.

On March 14, 2012 after analyzing the truly staggering trove of E-Mail recovered in this hack, participants in Anonymous Op Syria isolated the personal E-Mail of the dictator Assad and his wife and publicly released this small trove to the world via a press release similar to this one. This disclosure made headlines around the world, but it remained just a tiny fraction of the total data recovered in the original hack. Anonymous Op Syria, and indeed the entire global collective - were at a bit of a loss as to exactly how to deal with and properly disclose such a vast trove of important information. But there is one organization that is supremely well equipped to handle a disclosure of this magnitude, WikiLeaks. Having already formed a partnership with WikiLeaks in the disclosure of the "Stratfor Files", it seemed natural and obvious to continue this historic partnership between Anonymous and WikiLeaks with the disclosure of the "Syria Files". And thus...

On July 5, 2012 - Five months virtually to the day after the brave hackers of Anonymous and the PLF breached the Assad regime servers, WikiLeaks released to the world 2.4 million E-Mail files belonging to the Syrian regime and various Syrian companies. And this is just beginning, expect many more disclosures of this type in the future as this wonderful partnership between WikiLeaks and Anonymous continues to grow stronger and change human history.

While the United Nations sat back and theorized on the situation in Syria, Anonymous took action. Assisting bloggers, protesters and activists in avoiding surveillance, disseminating media, interfering with regime communications and networks, monitoring the Syrian internet for disruptions or attempts at surveillance - and waging a relentless information and psychological campaign against Assad and his murderous and genocidal government. When world governments would not send so much as a single bandaid worth of medical supplies to the protesters in Syria, it was a team of six European Anons who donned back-packs and walked almost 400 pounds worth of medical supplies over the border (along with ten pounds of chocolate candy for the children) and into Idib, Syria - risking their very lives to assist our dear freedom seeking brothers and sisters inside Syria. And as long as the tyrant remains defiantly in power, Anonymous will continue to work relentlessly day and night - from every country and every timezone, to assist the courageous freedom fighters and activists in Syria.

We Are Anonymous - We Are Everywhere - We Are Legion - We Never Forget - We Never Forgive

Bashar Assad, EXPECT US.

Anonymous Operations - www.AnonymousGlobal.tk

Peoples Liberation Front - www.PeoplesLiberationFront.net

LulzSec -
pi_113991311
quote:
7s.gif Op maandag 9 juli 2012 22:44 schreef Papierversnipperaar het volgende:

[..]

Nice!
"An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people."
  dinsdag 10 juli 2012 @ 00:12:38 #195
pi_113995852
De serie artikelen is bijna compleet, alleen deel 8: Conclusion is nog leeg.
quote:
“Building a Better Anonymous”

This multi-part article, with original artwork by Mar, is a follow-up to a one hour panel discussion at DEFCON 19 titled “‘Whoever Fights Monsters…’ Confronting Aaron Barr, Anonymous and Ourselves” moderated by Paul Roberts, discussed by Josh Corman, Brian Martin and Scot Terban. The views of the authors are not meant to be a criticism of Anonymous, nor are they meant to be encouragement for future criminal activity. It is an inevitable fact that Anonymous, or similar groups, will become bigger, stronger, and more effective. Discussions on how to build a more potent digital hacktivism group (illegal hacking to achieve a political goal) have occurred for over a decade. This article will not attempt to introduce groundbreaking new ideas, but rather will summarize many existing ideas and subject them to analysis from two security practitioners on two sides of this issue. If anything, this will serve more as a ‘Lessons Learned’ with the aim of broadening the reader’s understanding of the topic, while demonstrating that the “problem” is not going away; the “problem” is evolving and growing.

When we say “building a better Anonymous”, we seek to explore the ideas of making such a group truly better. That means better for all parties involved; the group, end users, citizens and law enforcement. “Better” does not mean more criminal acts in the name of the greater good, it means a more efficient organization that can achieve the same (or better) results with less collateral damage. We envision a group with better defined goals, more accountability, a healthy dose of humor and the legendary resolve of the sabertooth squirrel. Of course, the chaotic nature of a group such as Anonymous means that any hopes of improvement will likely come in the form of small numbers of members guiding the rest toward these goals.
  dinsdag 10 juli 2012 @ 00:33:10 #196
pi_113996739
quote:
quote:
To the amazement of everyone, the US Trade Representative (USTR) announced on July 3 it would now include a provision in the intellectual property (IP) chapter recognizing the importance of "limitations and exceptions" to copyright and embracing the international 3-part test for what constitutes suitable limitations and exceptions. (For those not familiar with this term of art, "limitations and exceptions" are things like Fair Use and First Sale Doctrine in the United States. As the name implies, limitations and exceptions to copyright limit the rights of the copyright holder and create exceptions to the general rule against copying without permission.)

It is difficult to convey to people who don’t routinely deal with USTR and the copyright maximalists that dominate trade negotiations just how stunning a turnaround this is, given the fairly well-established limitations and exceptions in US law and the fact that—as USTR acknowledged in its announcement—the three-part test for what constitutes suitable limitations and exceptions is already well-established and incorporated into international law. Indeed, given all this, the incredible thing is that this is, as USTR acknowledges, the first time USTR has included any explicit reference to limitations and exceptions.
quote:
The next day, on July 4, we got what I consider the most likely explanation. The European Parliament utterly rejected the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). And while supporters within the European Commission may still plot to keep it alive, the short-term result is that the insistence on serving the interests of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) by trying to force copyright maximalism on other countries killed the treaty after about six years of negotiation. That’s a lot of wasted time and effort.
  dinsdag 10 juli 2012 @ 07:19:40 #197
pi_114000231
quote:
quote:
Anonymous group manage to compromise and take control of several social accounts belonging to Th3j35t3r. The jester s a computer vigilante who describes himself as grey hat hacktivist. Previously most famous for claiming credit for an application-based DDoS attack against WikiLeaks and for disrupting pro-Jihadist websites.

Today at 12:00PM GMT the twitter account associated with the jester @Th3j35t3r has been hack and posted several tweets in support of anonymous. Like “without anonymous I will be no one” and “Free Bradley Manning”.
  woensdag 11 juli 2012 @ 08:00:32 #198
pi_114048366
quote:
Kremlin internet bill 'signals growing repression of critics by Putin'

Russian censorship law will be 'like China's great firewall', say activists, as Wikipedia site shuts for day in protest

Two months after Vladimir Putin once again assumed the post of Russian president, the long-feared crackdown on his critics appears to have begun. The internet bill due to be considered by parliament on Wednesday is, say activists, the latest sign of growing repression of civil freedom in Russia.

The bill calls for the creation of a federal website "nolist". Internet providers and site owners would be forced to shut down any websites on this list. According to Wikipedia authors on Tuesday, the bill will "lead to the creation of a Russian analogue to China's great firewall".

The bill's backers in Putin's United Russia party argue that the amendments to the country's information legislation are aimed at child pornography and sites that promote drug use and teen suicide.

But critics, including the Russian-language Wikipedia, say the legislation could be used to boost government censorship over the internet.

In protest, the Russian-language Wikipedia site shut down for 24 hours on Tuesday. The Wikipedia logo was crossed out with a black rectangle, and the words "imagine a world without free knowledge" appeared underneath.

The Russian parliament's consideration of the controversial internet bill comes amid a host of other initiatives that activists say make up the biggest attempt since the Soviet era to silence government critics.

Before the start of the summer recess at the end of the week, MPs are to consider a bill that obliges non-governmental organisations receiving foreign funding to brand themselves "foreign agents".

Amendments to boost fines for defamation are also on the agenda. This year, fines for protesting have been heavily increased.

"This is the first time that we've seen a large-scope crackdown on people who dare challenge the government and express anti-Putin sentiments," said Masha Lipman, an analyst at the Moscow Carnegie Centre. "We have never had this before, but then we never had political rallies like this in post-Soviet Russia."

The laws are a response to the mass protests that have drawn tens of thousands of Russians on to the streets following Putin's declaration of returning to the presidency late last year, Lipman said. "There are two options – you either yield to the demands [of the protesters] or you crack down. Putin is not the type who yields to demands," Lipman said. "Putin's whole regime is based on control, on securing the ruling group from any challenge or contest."

She added: "The Kremlin showed some tolerance until the presidential election, but as soon as Putin had his election safely past him, the government began to crack down. Now there are more and more developments on a daily basis."

The internet bill prompted widespread outrage across the Russian network. On Tuesday, the blogging platform LiveJournal joined the protest against the bill.

The Russian justice ministry maintains a register of more than 1,000 websites that have been classed as "extremist" and ordered to be shut down.

The bill appears to realise the biggest fear of opposition activists – a platform that has so far remained relatively free has now become the target of Kremlin ire.

Anton Nossik, a Russian internet expert, wrote in his blog: "For the last 12 years I've lived in happy confidence that the Russian authorities would be smart enough not to censor the internet. But the situation, unfortunately, is changing."

With Russia's main state television channels under the control of the government, and its few free newspapers unable to be distributed across a vast country with poor infrastructure, the internet has become a growing source of free information. But that may now be changing.

According to thousands of emails leaked this year by the Russian arm of Anonymous, the Kremlin, until now, has limited its efforts to control the internet by paying commenters affiliated with the youth group Nashi to leave pro-government comments on certain websites.

Blogs and social networks have been a key aspect of the organisation of the street protests that have swept Moscow recently.

Alexey Navalny, a leading opposition figure, was relatively unknown until he began an anti-corruption blog. On his site on Tuesday he wrote: "The Kremlin swindlers have understood that paid commenters and an army of bots can't help them in any way with their 'ideological struggle for the internet'."

He backed Wikipedia's day-long shutdown, a move that echoes similar action, in January, by the English language Wikipedia concerning protest against the US Congress's consideration of the Stop Online Piracy Act.
  woensdag 11 juli 2012 @ 21:26:02 #199
pi_114081743
quote:
Peter Fein at #PDF12: 'Democracy Is Obsolete'

Peter Fein is an agent of Telecomix, which has been described as tech support for the Arab Spring. He gave a talk Tuesday at Personal Democracy Forum in New York. These are his remarks as prepared for delivery, which we are publishing as an op-ed.

I'm going to tell you a story about the future, and the past, and the Internet. I'm here today to tell you that democracy is obsolete. Obsolete doesn't mean worn out, but rather out of date. That we've found better ways of doing something that are cheaper, faster or scale to larger numbers of people. An axe wears out chopping down cherry trees; your first generation iPod still works, but it's obsolete.

Things that are obsolete don't magically disappear and the leftovers are called legacies. Legacies can hang around for quite a long time, because they're large and pervasive and the costs of upgrading all at once are too high. As we push them further and further beyond their limits, legacies accumulate cruft, grow more and more massive. Audio cassette tapes are obsolete; signing your name when you pay by credit card is legacy. If you think this has nothing to do with politics, remember we still name our months after Roman emperors who have been dead for two thousand years.

I'm going to tell a very abbreviated story about democracy and obsolesence. When we talk about democracy, we a mean form of government where citizens vote for a representative who goes off to the seat of power and represents your interests and makes decisions on your behalf. This is the model of the US Constitution, which has been exported around the world and been scaled up & down from your local school board to the United Nations. In 1789, we needed representatives because it took three days to get a letter from Boston to Washington DC, if it arrived at all. Democracy is government for the horseback age.

But this more or less works for about 100 years, so let's skip ahead to the invention of radio, which should finally obsolete hand written letters. But radio never gets a chance to fully develop, because in the late 1920s, it's completely taken over by the government and commercial interests and becomes a one-way broadcast mass medium. While Germany gets the Nazis, in the US we still have this legacy of a horseback democracy. Representation doesn't really scale though, so we implement larger and larger bureaucracies. A "free press" is no longer a literal printing press, but a commercially controlled, government blessed institution. Go forward three generations and the state and the market and the law have completely eaten everything else. There's no space left, to the point where we have non-profits and non-governmental organizations with no identity of their own.

But a funny thing happens on the way to the end of history. In 1996, we get the Internet on speed dial. Within just a few years, broadcast mass media is obsolete. This leaves us some big crufty legacies, like CNN's millions of Twitter followers and the NY Times. The net allows for richer, faster, cheaper communications, directly from person-to-person. So we hope that the Internet will allow us to build a "real democracy" as Doug Rushkoff called it, or fret as he did that it won't, as if we could somehow return to a mythic past that's already several generations obsolete.

Then in 2011, the world just seems to go nuts - the revolution will be tweeted, there's Wikileaks, and Anonymous, and Tahrir and the Arab Spring, and Occupy Wall Street and Anonymous again and the SOPA blackout and huge street protests against ACTA. Yet we keep viewing these events through an obsolete mass media lens. While we know that you can't just add twitter and water and watch your democracy grow, we still have no way to explain what's happening. I've had the privilege of participating in a quite a few of these movements in the past two years. I think we need some new words.

Adhocracy exists in the spaces left over and in between. It's a politics of practice and oral tradition. While I can stand up here and try to explain adhocracy to you like a high school teacher, it's kinda like sex - you can't really understand it until you do it. But here are a few stories about what its like under the covers.

Telecomix is an adhoc activist cluster of a few hundred humans and machines- programmers, network admins, students, punks, politicians, pirates, parents and others. Journalist John Pollock said the Libyan resistance was a network of cousins - you need a ride, or some guns, you get it from a cousin, or from a cousin's cousin. In that sense, Telecomix is a network of friends and datalovers.

We have no formal members, we have no leaders, we have no permanent subgroups. We're all volunteers - we take no money at all, we have no mailing address, there's nowhere you can send a package. We certainly have no official spokespeople. If Telecomix exists anywhere, it's in our chat networks and the relationships of the people who participate. We operate on a simple principle: you show up, find collaborators, and just go do.

I'll be honest, mostly we hang out and chat and do nothing. People have other interests and occupations - remember, it's ad-hoc. But some days, we help keep the Internet running in the Middle East - the press calls us tech support for the Arab Spring. We've deployed advanced encryption and built drones, rebuilt dial up modem pools and spammed fax machines with treatments for teargas. When the Mubarak government blocked Twitter, Egyptians found our chat network and gave us news reports that we tweeted using our account - that's the kind of facilitation of communication that we do. Like the rest of the Internet, Telecomix is put together with bubble gum and popsipcle sticks - some days the server crashes, or gets DDOS'd or someone forgets to pay the domain bill and nothing seems to ever get written down. This turns out to be a good thing, because when the Internet breaks, we can get some more popsicle sticks and go fix it. When the net went down in Egypt, Telecomix didn't call Ron Wyden to call Hillary Clinton to call Obama to call Mubarak and say "pleeeease turn the Internet back on". Instead we took direct action- we got out some modems and faxes and just did it ourselves.

Though Telecomix is just a bunch of telecommunist cipherhippies, we don't have a bank account mainly because we couldn't be bothered to set one up. The paperwork and the forms and incorporation, and "what country is this all located in, sir?" - it's a huge amount of bureaucratic overhead. If you're focused on getting things done, it's actually more cost effective to simply not use money at all.

No really, this works better. The State Department invited me to a workshop on Internet freedom, and after five days of back and forth emails about travel logistics, I finally gave up and booked my own plane ticket. When Telecomix started our Syria operation last July, we had network scans and contacts on the ground inside three days. Those scans uncovered evidence that a US company called Blue Coat's hardware was being used by the Syrian government to censor the net. Within six months we built front page stories on Slashdot and the Wall Street Journal and then politicked in the European Union, which for the first time ever enacted export controls on Internet censorship hardware. A dozen people can set in motion a loose chain of events ending in a change of international law in less time than it takes the goverment to buy a plane ticket.

While this may seem all very new and networked and cool, adhocracy is actually quite old. I met an anthropoligist who's spent the past 20 years studying rural villages in Latin America. She told me they'll have a meeting; 300 people will get together and sit around and talk and argue for an hour or two and nothing really seems to be decided. And then two days later, a bridge has been built. We already know how to do this - adhocracy is as common as negotiating where to go for dinner or seat swaps on an airplane.

Ad-hoc movements are popping up because our formal political institutions have failed - the U.N.'s ongoing inability to act in Syria being an egregious example. We think regressive laws like SOPA & ACTA are a threat to the Internet, and they are, but the radical disconnect between the policies they propose and the practice of our day-to-day lives is in fact a greater threat to the rule of law itself. Politics is no longer left vs. right- it's Internet vs. television.

When you have an obsolete legacy system on the edge of collapse, it can be tempting to just throw it out and start fresh. But experience with technology teaches us to avoid this if we can- revolution is expensive and risky. It doesn't work so well when you have a large, dependent user base and it often turns out you know less than you thought you did going in. Instead, you have to replace a legacy piece by piece from the bottom up. We need to starve the beast- not of dollars, but of our personal investment and energy. It took a long, long time to get into this mess, and the struggle to rebuild a better world is going to take the rest of our lives.

The question we need to ask is not what our country can do for us, or what we can do for our country, but rather what can we rebuild, for ourselves, for each other and for our Internet.
  woensdag 11 juli 2012 @ 22:56:58 #200
pi_114086648
quote:
PayPal sets down stricter regulations for file-sharing sites

After cutting ties with Wikileaks in 2010, and after this year’s raid against Megaupload, PayPal is now imposing increasingly stringent conditions on various online file-sharing sites. According to TorrentFreak, PayPal has recently changed its terms of service, making requirements for file-sharing and newsgroup services far tighter than before.

The payment service, owned by eBay, now requires that "merchants must prohibit users from uploading files involving illegal content and indicate that users involved in such file transfers will be permanently removed from their service," and that "merchants must provide PayPal with free access to their service, so PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy department can monitor the content."

Not surprisingly, locker sites are already grumbling about the changes. Others, like the Palo Alto-based MediaFire, say that there has been little impact their bottom line since the switchover. Neither MediaFire nor PayPal immediately responded to requests for comment.

"This is a complete invasion of privacy on PayPal’s part, as it’s none of their business what files users keep in their account," Putlocker, a UK-based site, told TorrentFreak. "We have a solid abuse handling policy already, and we don’t feel a 3rd party company has any business snooping on our users."

Of course, while PayPal may be a convenient way for companies to receive and send funds, there are plenty of other ways to pay—either directly through credit cards or international bank transfers, or using services like Moneybookers, to say nothing of newer means, like Bitcoin.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')