abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_111396993
Valentino Rossi rubbishes retirement talk

quote:
Valentino Rossi has moved quickly to dismiss reports claiming the Italian star was going to retire at the end of 2012.

A report in today’s Daily Telegraph claimed Rossi would retire at the end of his second season with Ducati, or even quit before the end of the campaign because of his failure to make the Desmosedici a competitive force in MotoGP.

Rossi has only scored one podium in 20 races for the Bologna factory and earlier this season was critical of technical staff for not following his requests to improve the new 1000cc GP12.

Rossi’s comments in the aftermath of his disappointing 10th place in the season’s opening race in Qatar led to a flood of rumours that he wanted to quit Ducati prior to the end of his contract.

Speculation was rife too that his failure to compete with Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo would hasten his decision to retire, having previously stated his intention to race on for at least two more years.

The Daily Telegraph story claimed Rossi had told his father Graziano and former factory Yamaha team boss Davide Brivio that he was going to quit MotoGP after winning nine world titles and 105 races in a career that started back in 1996.

But the 33-year-old took to his official Twitter feed this morning, which has over 850,000 followers, to deny the retirement story and he said: “Ciao guys, the rumors about my retirement at the end of the year are not true! see you in Le Mans.”

It was only last weekend during the Estoril Grand Prix weekend in Portugal that Ducati CEO told MCN of the ‘strong possibility’ that Ducati and Rossi will be together again in 2013.
ValeYellow46 twitterde op dinsdag 08-05-2012 om 12:21:14 @TobyMoody @MOTOCI_Maroto ciao guys, the rumors about my retirement at the end of the year are not true!see you in Le Mans. reageer retweet
Feel free to ignore my comments.
pi_111551972
Meregalli 'sure' Spies will be up front in France

quote:
Along with Valentino Rossi, the biggest surprise in terms of poor results so far this season has been the form of Factory Yamaha star Ben Spies.

With a first grand prix win under his belt last year and impressive pace during winter testing on the new 1000cc M1, the American looked set to be a regular podium threat from the start of 2012

Instead Spies heads for this weekend's fourth round at Le Mans just eleventh in the championship standings, but is optimistic his eighth place at Estoril marked the start of a fight-back to the front.

“I'm looking forward to getting back on the bike again this week,” said Spies, sixth at Le Mans last year. “My confidence has been rebuilding well now we've found a good set up that works so I think we can make another step and improve our performance again at Le Mans. It's not my favourite track but I'm going to give it 100% as always to achieve a good result on Sunday.”

Team director Massimo Meregalli believes Spies will join team-mate Jorge Lorenzo at the sharp end of the field in France.

“Ben has not had an easy start to the year but has been working hard with the team to have a competitive set up and to rebuild his confidence. I am sure we will see him fighting with the front pack this weekend,” he declared.
pi_111568607
quote:
PFff... Nog maar 3 races gehad, Rossi zat in Qatar maar 5 seconden achter Hayden en heeft Hayden op Estoril met 40 seconden verslagen.... Hoezo net zo'n grote teleurstelling als Spies? Lijkt me toch totale onzin.
pi_111583900
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 09:10 schreef Marks het volgende:

[..]

PFff... Nog maar 3 races gehad, Rossi zat in Qatar maar 5 seconden achter Hayden en heeft Hayden op Estoril met 40 seconden verslagen.... Hoezo net zo'n grote teleurstelling als Spies? Lijkt me toch totale onzin.
Wat Spies laat zien is idd nog veel en veel slechter, hij wordt ook helemaal weggereden door beide rijders van Tech 3. Op Le Mans gaat hij ook nooit goed, dus verwacht er weer weinig van.
pi_111588489
Valentino Rossi says that MotoGP has become tedious, World Superbike racing is better

quote:
Valentino Rossi has claimed that MotoGP has become tedious and that World Superbike racing is better after the Donington round of the WSBK championship produced a thriller.

Rossi wrote in Italian via his official twitter account: "What a great brawl in Superbike?"

"Unfortunately, our (MotoGP) races have become much more tedious."

Rossi also said that Moto2 and Moto3 were producing much better racing than the premier class.

World Superbike, World Supersport, Moto2 and Moto3 have all experienced bar-to-bar racing in recent rounds, with as many as five riders in contention for a win on the final lap of each category.

MotoGP, conversely, has largely been a three-horse race between Casey Stoner, Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa, with little passing during the race itself, despite a boost in grid sizes with the inception of the Claiming Rules Teams category (CRT).

Rossi was forced to defend rumours of his retirment in recent weeks, with the nine-time world champion telling Twitter fans: "Next thing the 'informed people', will say Casey Stoner and I are going to retire and open a farm together!"
  dinsdag 15 mei 2012 @ 18:00:31 #81
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_111588571
Zou ik ook zeggen als ik als zevende rond reed.

Die laatste vind ik wel erg leuk trouwens, Valentino heeft altijd een leuk gevoel voor humor gehad.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
pi_111589372
Hij moet komend weekend toch wel weer wat progressie boeken op het circuit waar hij vorig jaar z'n enige podiumplaats behaalde.

Ik hoop dat hij met minimaal één van de Tech3 gasten kan meekomen, maar dat zal wsl ijdele hoop blijken. :@
pi_111602658
quote:
10s.gif Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 18:00 schreef Fir3fly het volgende:
Zou ik ook zeggen als ik als zevende rond reed.

Die laatste vind ik wel erg leuk trouwens, Valentino heeft altijd een leuk gevoel voor humor gehad.
sjongejongejonge.... je hebt zeker niet de WSB races gezien? Hij heeft gewoon gelijk. In 1 race waren er al 10x meer inhaalacties dan in het hele MotoGP seizoen tot nu toe.
Daarbij hebben ze daar de echte banen, waar je sowiewo meer gevoel van snelheid hebt.
''waaaaauw, op Qatar rijdt MotoGP 340 kmh'', WSB doet nog geen 265 op zn snelst op Donington, maar het ziet eruit als 400.
De pure racerij gaat het zo winnen van de enorme commercie. Bij de F1 hebben ze dit op tijd ingezien en allerlei zaken toegevoegd aan de F1, bij MotoGP is het dit jaar geen verbetering ten opzcihte van de races van vorig jaar.
pi_111644026
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 22:23 schreef Marks het volgende:

[..]

Daarbij hebben ze daar de echte banen, waar je sowiewo meer gevoel van snelheid hebt.

Ze rijden ook wel op veel dezelfde circuits als de motogp ;)

Maar je hebt gelijk het is minder spannend, de moto2 vind ik dan kwa opzet wel weer goed.
pi_111644080
Btw 340 op een tweewieler hoop ik nooit mee te maken :) en dan bij het aanremmen omhoog moeten komen met je kop.
  woensdag 16 mei 2012 @ 23:12:06 #86
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_111646952
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 22:23 schreef Marks het volgende:

[..]

De pure racerij gaat het zo winnen van de enorme commercie. Bij de F1 hebben ze dit op tijd ingezien
Wat een quatsch. Wat er nu in de F1 gebeurt is allesbehalve 'pure' racerij.

Het tegenovergestelde zelfs. Er is niets meer 'puur' dan de beste rijders op de beste motoren. En dat is MotoGP. Dat er de afgelopen twee races nauwelijks ingehaald werd doet daar niets aan af. Het zit wel een stuk dichter bij elkaar dan vorig jaar, dus mooie races zullen er (net als vorig jaar) zeker wel komen.

Overigens vind ik WSBK ook erg leuk.

Ik heb hier trouwens een stukje over geschreven voor de frontpage en ik hoop dat het ooit nog geplaatst wordt...
pi_111672602
Er gaan geruchten dat Stoner gaat stoppen met de Motogp .. -O-

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Casey%20retirement

Het is inmiddels geen gerucht meer,
" If I knew I couldn't win races, I would have stayed in the States."
pi_111673856
Inderdaad. Einde van het seizoen stopt Stoner er mee.
Australian Open - 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2017, 2018 - - - - Wimbledon - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2017 Roland Garros - 2009 US Open - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
----
  Forum Admin / Grootste Aanwinst 2022 donderdag 17 mei 2012 @ 18:42:50 #89
8731 crew  Netsplitter
#jesuisMasi
pi_111673962
Over een paar jaar weer terug wegens kriebels en z'n vrouw wordt gek van 'm. :)
OxygeneFRL-vrijdag 8 mei 2020 @ 08:52:59: Ik had een pleuris hekel aan je maar nu ik weet dat je tegen een vuurwerkverbod ben, hou ik van je.
  donderdag 17 mei 2012 @ 18:43:16 #90
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_111673983
Balen. Een van de beste rijders ooit. Voor wie moet ik nou juichen -O-?
pi_111677690
Erg jammer :(

Wel erg interessant silly season voor 2013....
pi_111677835
quote:
9s.gif Op donderdag 17 mei 2012 18:43 schreef Fir3fly het volgende:
Balen. Een van de beste rijders ooit. Voor wie moet ik nou juichen -O-?
Vale :')
fan van Putin, Baudet, Jorge Lorenzo en Assad
pi_111677978
quote:
7s.gif Op donderdag 17 mei 2012 20:06 schreef Beach het volgende:

[..]

Vale :')
Bradl ^O^
pi_111696755
Toch interessant.... Dit zegt hij namelijk
"This sport has changed a lot and it has changed to the point where I am not enjoying it," he said.

en

He added: "There are a lot of things that have disappointed me, and also a lot of things I have loved about this sport, but unfortunately the balance has gone in the wrong direction.

Erg benieuwd wat hij dan precies bedoelt, misschien de 1000cc motoren? Of de CRT's?
pi_111712978
Racesport twitterde op vrijdag 18-05-2012 om 11:14:35 Nakamoto: Rossi naar Honda? 'Ik sluit het niet uit' reageer retweet
pi_111713718
Rossi to Honda? I can't exclude it

quote:
"We will begin talking seriously to Pedrosa about 2013, which we hadn't done yet," Nakamoto confirmed. And this latest development means that a door might have opened for Valentino Rossi. "At this point, anything is possible. We have to think about it, and I'll have to talk directly with Honda Motor; before the sponsors, they are the principle party to consult with." There is also a chance that Marc Marquez can step up into the empty seat: "But you have to ask Ezpeleta about that," he said, obviously referring to the rookie rule.
  vrijdag 18 mei 2012 @ 20:20:10 #97
361155 MrNovember
Same VCR, the same cats
pi_111717521
Het is interessant om te zien wat er gaat gebeuren, omdat Rossi's contract dit jaar afloopt. J-Lo blijft lekker bij Yamaha denk ik en Spies wordt misschien vervangen door Crutchlow.

Dani zal ook wel blijven waar die zit en dan wordt het OF Marquez OF Rossi op het lege Repsol stoeltje. Eerlijk gezegd hoop ik Marquez, alleen de rookie regel maakt dit wel lastig.
pi_111722280
Wat betreft het retirement van Stoner,

Ik zal Adriana heel erg gaan missen. :'(
  zaterdag 19 mei 2012 @ 14:47:18 #99
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_111741118
quote:
10s.gif Op woensdag 16 mei 2012 23:12 schreef Fir3fly het volgende:

[..]

Wat een quatsch. Wat er nu in de F1 gebeurt is allesbehalve 'pure' racerij.

Het tegenovergestelde zelfs. Er is niets meer 'puur' dan de beste rijders op de beste motoren. En dat is MotoGP. Dat er de afgelopen twee races nauwelijks ingehaald werd doet daar niets aan af. Het zit wel een stuk dichter bij elkaar dan vorig jaar, dus mooie races zullen er (net als vorig jaar) zeker wel komen.

Overigens vind ik WSBK ook erg leuk.

Ik heb hier trouwens een stukje over geschreven voor de frontpage en ik hoop dat het ooit nog geplaatst wordt...
http://frontpage.fok.nl/c(...)en-en-optochten.html
pi_111741329
Ik denk echt elke keer net te laat aan MotoGP, nu de kwalificatie weer gemist.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')