abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_154559397
Er komt nog 1 album aan van de huidige lineup:

quote:
Just got home comatose after finishing up the final leg of our 14 month tour for Swans To Be Kind album. We have come to your town, though it's doubtful we have partied down. It has been a privilege to be inside the sound that on some nights seems to create itself of its own accord, and it's gratifying that many of you have conveyed to us that it's been a positive experience for you too... Next step: Sept 1 we commence a new Swans album. This will be the final Swans album (and subsequent tour) for this version / iteration of Swans. Not really sure what the next step will be after that, but that's perhaps a good thing... We'll be making a live album/fundraiser (called The Gate) soon, in order to raise the necessary - somewhat daunting - capital for the studio album, which is bound to be an insatiable beast... more soon, Thanks and Love! - Michael Gira
Semi0n is dead, long live Stress Techniques. New project: LLB - JG
http://http://llbinc.bandcamp.com/
pi_155762966
Die fundraiser is nu live. En ik heb 'm meteen besteld. Live CD met geklieder van meneer Gira op de hoes. O+.
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water. And we are mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach."
pi_155779933
Optie 2, met het nieuwe album erbij. Shipping wel erg duur trouwens..
  Moderator donderdag 3 september 2015 @ 09:40:24 #129
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_155780081
quote:
as in OPTION 4, 5, 6, plus, AND YES THIS IS REAL: send us a simple self portrait using your cell phone or computer photo device (see example below) and m.gira will draw a portrait of you using your photo as a guide. Best efforts will be made at obtaining a likeness but not guaranteed! Style will be expressive and whimsical and drawing will be peppered with praises for your virtues and presumptive status amongst the Gods… signed, dated and dedicated to you by m.gira - $500
hihi

(vind het wel vrij prijzig allemaal)
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
pi_156837722
The Gate. O+. Frankie M, en Bring the Sun / Black Eyed Man, wat nummers.
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water. And we are mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach."
  woensdag 14 oktober 2015 @ 20:14:15 #131
304498 Nibb-it
Dirc die maelre
pi_156837808
Goed topic.
pi_156943862
White light en Love of Life worden opnieuw uitgebracht in een box set. White light heb ik nooit op cd gehad en Love of Life ooit uit de verkoopbak van de bibliotheek gehaald voor 50 cent dus die is ook niet echt in geode staat.

quote:
Swans continue their remastered reissues series on Young God Records in North America and Mute in other territories with the release of White Light from the Mouth of Infinity and Love of Life on December 4, 2015.

The two albums will be initially released as a limited vinyl box set, presented in the original restored artwork, which includes paintings by Deryk Thomas. The 2500 micron black lined box – with original logo in silver foil block in black paper – will also include 2 rare posters, a CD of outtakes, rarities, contemporaneous live recordings and a download code for both albums.

In addition, White Light from the Mouth of Infinity and Love of Life will be available as a 3xCD set (which will include the bonus disc), as well as individual albums on vinyl and digitally.

White Light from the Mouth of Infinity, Swans’ seventh studio album originally released in 1991, is considered the starting point for the second section of Swans’ inimitable history. This will be the first time White Light from the Mouth of Infinity has been available on vinyl since its original release on Young God Records in 1991. The vinyl issue will include the track ‘Blind’, not included in the original release.
  maandag 19 oktober 2015 @ 14:27:33 #133
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_156944240
En besteld :D
nee, jij dan!
  vrijdag 26 februari 2016 @ 09:58:45 #134
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_160224700
Larkin Grimm:
quote:
I will give you some history about why I am sharing the story about Thomas Sayers Ellis's abusive behavior now. I didn't always stand up for myself. Rape is a loaded word. No man wants to be a rapist. It implies cowardice as well as violence. It undermines the sexual power and magnetism that every man would like to have. No woman wants to be known as a rape victim, either. I want to be known for my strength, intelligence, and talent. Not known as a victim. My story with Michael Gira is an absolute tragedy that I have kept secret for too long. I am only speaking of it now because after being accused of "lynching" Thomas, I cannot ethically keep Michael's secret any longer. He's a white guy, and his crime was far worse than what Thomas did to me or Margaret.
Michael Gira and I had a beautiful, fruitful collaboration on my album Parplar. He was my record label boss and producer. He was my beloved, trusted mentor, really my guru. I lived in his house with him and his wife Siobhan and I babysat their daughter frequently in between working on new songs and incorporating Michael's valuable input. I loved him more than I have loved just about anyone, but I did not want to have sex with him, and I made that very clear over and over. In the spring of 2008, on the night that we finished recording Parplar at Trout Recordings with Bryce Goggin, we went out to eat at a steakhouse. My friend Johnny Dido was our waiter. We were with Michael's friends and they were drinking heavily and encouraging me to keep up with them. I'm a pretty lightweight drinker. At the end of the night it became obvious that I was too drunk to drive home, too drunk to even walk straight. Michael invited me to stay with his friends. They said they had a bed for me and that Michael would sleep on the floor. I trusted them and agreed.
At the apartment of Michael's friends, I crawled into bed without changing my clothes or brushing my teeth. I just passed out. A little later Michael woke me up coughing. He had bad asthma, and sleeping on the floor in the dust was aggravating it. I told him, slurred, half asleep, that he could sleep in the bed, just not to touch me. A little bit later I woke up with his penis inside me, no condom. As I opened my eyes, he said, "Uh, this doesn't feel right." and he pulled out.
The next morning, Michael begged me not to tell his wife about what happened. I drove home, numb. Then I took my bike around the block and got hit by a car, injuring my hip. That day I wrote one of my best songs, "The Butcher, or Without a Body or a Numb and Useless Mind." It was the last song I would be able to write for a few years. I spent the next 6 months in a suicidal depression. Michael would call frequently to talk about the progress on my record and to talk dirty to me. He would tell me he loved me and that he would leave his wife for me. I would refuse to talk dirty to him and try to bring the conversation back to business. When we met, the interactions were often sexually charged and I would squirm out of them as best I could. We never had sex again although he tried over and over, making me absolutely miserable. Mastering the record with Fred Kevorkian was particularly difficult. Michael took the opportunity to kiss me in the elevator, and I complied because I really, really, really wanted to be a successful musician. He'd often say to me, "I'm gonna make you a star, Larkin. You can trust me."
I stuck with this pattern for a long time, through my record release and the tours (with Michael!!) supporting it, but when it came time to write a new record, I found my creativity was totally blocked. I told Michael that he had had sex with me against my will and that I didn't feel safe with him any more. He then dropped me from Young God Records.
Many people have assumed, over the years, that Michael and I had a love affair, and in a way, for a time, maybe we did. But I never consented to having sex with him. I wouldn't have wanted to ruin such an important opportunity that way. Technically, he raped me. It took me a long time to admit that to myself. Years. Michael Gira, my producer, raped me and dumped me from his label when I confronted him about it, needing to feel safe.
What happened was awful, but as a prison abolitionist, an anarchist, and a nice person I didn't want to destroy his whole life with a rape charge. Looking back, he didn't think twice about destroying mine.
Sending my love to #Kesha I know how you feel. At least I got out of my record deal, though I was never offered another one after that.
Micheal Gira:
quote:
the horrible and untrue accusations from larkin grimm:
I am completely shocked myself. This is a slanderous lie. I will respond vigorously to defend my name against this horrible slur. I trust in the intelligence of those who have followed my work and respect me as a person, to know this is NOT the person I am. The rumor mill/"confessional" Facebook post travels like fire- but this one is lies. More soon. This is an utter nightmare. thank you for your support. please spread the word. this is lies!
Jennifer Gira (vrouw van):
quote:
I was enjoying not being on FB precisely for the social media nightmare(s) I must rejoin to address now, due to a former musical "protege" on my husband Michael Gira's record label has accused him of being a rapist......in 2008. As you may know, Michael dropped Larkin, and she has been jilted about it ever since. Larkin may know in the past, Michael has shuddered and simply deleted her harassing emails/texts, rambling obsessive tomes, declarations of unrequited love, hate speech, and threats to him. but, guess what sweetheart!- his wife is well aware----and his wife, is rather analytical, organized, -and doesn't put up with any bullshit. I have PROOF, in Larkin's own hand, that her allegations of Michael raping her *did not happen.* I REPEAT It is false. (Larkin-you should have been much more careful whom you emailed/messaged/purged/"reached out" to in "heartfelt" way, etc etc, or in letting yourself use a computer, during what seems to have been from the illiad of messages sent to my husband that are c-r-a-z-y -suffering from a manic/bipolar or chemical relapse episode)That is unfortunate-for you. I have nothing but empathy for a person who has experienced assault. After all, *I* survived an extremely violent rape/kidnap attempt, which resulted in, (through my fighting hand to hand combat) in great injury to myself-but it saved my life. My entire life was affected. I was diagnosed with severe PTSD, panic disorder, and often have difficulty walking to my car in the Target parking lot after dark, sometimes bursting into tears. Do I like sharing such info on the internet? NO, but I feel at this juncture, I have no choice. I didn't have any "artist love affair" (puh-leeze) -it was a complete stranger. Nevertheless, it causes me such pain-daily, there is a song on a new Swans album, Michael wrote for me- (that I sing myself) I have not even listened to the song more than once since its recording, It upsets me so much to even hear myself sing it. This was, a loving attempt from Michael Gira to help me heal from such a horrible event. I take great insult in you accusing my husband of something like I went through. (And I have the police report, injury records, doctors, therapies, witnesses, etc) This isn't meant to be tit for tat, but, I hate liars. I hope people do share this post. -and I hope Larkin sees it, and I hope she is wrecked with nerves, because I repeat, I have *PROOF in her own hand* that what she wrote today is false about my husband. I am currently being muzzled (by atttorneys, managers, labels, and the like) but rest assured, the truth will come out. Larkin, you will publicly apologize, and face serious consequences. Please share. P.S anyone who bashed my husband or his music, when they see the proof- is going to feel like a complete fool.I hope you feel shame, and think about your actions. I am not negating a negative experience by a woman or man in a sexual context, or god forbid an assault on anyone, but it is SCARY AS HELL, that some mentally unbalanced (and admittedly so, *you'll see that too, once I release what I have*) can just post on Facebook, and the entire internet music press runs the story as "fact" -Any musician or artist in the public eye (or not, really this concerns everyone) should be wary, VERY WARY p.s. "the boy who cried wolf" is a great allegory for the starfucker-in the end- nobody listened to either of them howl.
The shit has hit the fan :X
nee, jij dan!
pi_160225079
quote:
15s.gif Op vrijdag 26 februari 2016 09:58 schreef Gehenna het volgende:
Larkin Grimm:

[..]

Micheal Gira:

[..]

Jennifer Gira (vrouw van):

[..]

The shit has hit the fan :X
Las het ook toen ik wakker werd vanmorgen, apart verhaal weer.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
  vrijdag 26 februari 2016 @ 10:35:10 #136
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_160225395
quote:
15s.gif Op vrijdag 26 februari 2016 10:18 schreef xpompompomx het volgende:

[..]

Las het ook toen ik wakker werd vanmorgen, apart verhaal weer.
Jup, inderdaad. De neutraliteit in de reacties is weer ver te zoeken trouwens :{
Gira is al bestempelde als verkrachter op basis van een niet verifieerbare anekdote of wordt gesteund door fans op basis van hun muzieksmaak..
nee, jij dan!
  vrijdag 26 februari 2016 @ 19:52:14 #137
217529 Jabberwocky
Jabberwo)))cky
pi_160239910
Ik ben groot Swans fan, maar het scenario beschrijft wel zo'n typsich power relation verhaal dat je vaker hoort. Ik heb ook Jon Krakauer's Missoula een jaar geleden gelezen en dit klinkt ook in dat opzicht zeer bekend. Ik wil niet dat het waar is, maar ben toch wel geneigd Larkin eerder te geloven dan Michael Gira. Hij gaat hier ook niet echt handig mee om op Facebook moet ik zeggen.

Jennifer Gira's verhaal dat ze bewijs zou hebben dat het niet klopt... tja we zullen het zien. Ben meer benieuwd of zijn ex-vrouw Siobhan er iets over te zeggen heeft, volgens Larkin op haar FB pagina weet zij er ook van.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
pi_160262993
Gira:
quote:
Eight years ago, while I was still married to my first wife, Larkin Grimm and I headed towards a consensual romantic moment that fortunately was not consummated. As she wrote in her recent social media postings about that night, I said to her, "this doesn't feel right," and abruptly but completely our only intimate encounter ended. It was an awkward mistake.
Larkin may regret, as I certainly do, that the ill-advised tryst went even that far, but now, as then, I hold her in high esteem for her music and her courage as an artist.
I long ago apologized to my wife and family and told them the truth about this incident. My hope is that Larkin finds peace with the demons that have been darkening her soul since long before she and I ever met.
Grimm:
quote:
This is a perfect example of why we need to have education about consent. In a gentlemanly move he admits the act happened but cannot conceive of himself as a rapist. Thank you Michael Gira for your honesty. This is your truth as you remember it. Unfortunately, this was still rape. I said no to you many times before that day, begged you not to interfere with me sexually, even made it a part of a verbal agreement we had when I signed a contract with you. I asked you to promise that you would never have sex with me. You assured me that I could trust you. That is about as clear a NO as I could ever cry. I asked for this because I had had other experiences in my music career and I KNEW.
That night I was far too intoxicated to give you consent for any sexual act. The psychological effects of this betrayal were devastating. Even worse, when I finally confronted you about what you had done, you terminated my relationship with Young God Records, damaging my career and leading people to believe there was something wrong with me or my music.
In the end, this is about business. Art is my career. I have worked long and hard for this career, making incredible sacrifices along the way to continue to make music. The fact that a man in power can throw a women's life and work away like they are garbage, simply because she won't sleep with him, is an immoral injustice that happens to many, many women in music. I won't stand for it and neither should you.
The "Demons darkening my soul" are the men like you who interfere with my ability to do my work as a musician. This is a job I am good at. All I want is to be left in peace while I am working.
ah de 'slanderous lie' blijkt toch niet zo gelogen dus.. :{
nee, jij dan!
pi_160263616
Tja, het lijkt er dus inderdaad op dat Grimm de waarheid sprak. Gira ziet het als een fout maar wil het woord 'rape' liever niet gebruiken, omdat daar zo'n stigma op zit. Wat dan ook meteen Grimm's punt is, dat er meer duidelijkheid moet zijn over rape culture.

Jammerlijke situatie dit, en gezellig ook dat dat allemaal zo publiek wordt uitgevochten. Maar Gira komt er wat mij betreft toch minder goed vanaf in de manier waarop hij dit afhandelt. Jammer, Swans is toch een van m'n favoriete bands.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
pi_160408971
Het lijkt wel een soap opera dit..

quote:
Clearly Larkin Grimm is not well. Mental illness does not equate with dishonesty. However, in Grimm’s case, both are active to the detriment of my colleague and former life partner, Thomas Ellis’s reputation and career. I have worked with Thomas for years now, and though our personal relationship did not work, I know him well and deeply and Grimm’s public depictions of him are errant and libelius. I continue to work with Thomas professionally and I stand with him in this matter. Larkin Grimm has admitted in writing that, when off her medication, she lacks compassion and enjoys playing tricks on people. During her short tenure with Heroes Are Gang Leaders, she wove a tapestry of lies about her past marriage, false suicide attempts, and a number of other stories that she carefully tailored to the particular listener in order to garner their sympathy and rely on their decency to keep her confidences private. As her statements became bolder and more difficult to fathom, members of HAGL began discussing them and quickly discovered that Larkin Grimm is a very calculating liar. When she feared her place in the band was in jeopardy, she fabricated sexual harassment allegations against the main three band members who saw through her lies and wanted her out. Later she addressed the entire group, promising no more lies and that she was trying to be a better person--that she felt that the person she was when she was playing was the better person that she strived to be in life. Unfortunately, Grimm has not been successful in that aim. She went on to publically conflate an unfortunate incident within my then broken relationship with Thomas Ellis--an incident she uses lies to describe--with a rape allegation she made against producer Michael Gira from 2008, two completely unrelated stories beyond Grimm’s opportunistic linking in order to publicise her new album.
-Margaret Morris of Heroes Are Gang Leaders
pi_160410565
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 4 maart 2016 07:56 schreef bartrid het volgende:

[..]

Wat is daar de bron van?
pi_160410585
quote:
7s.gif Op vrijdag 4 maart 2016 10:00 schreef xpompompomx het volgende:

[..]

Wat is daar de bron van?
FB dus:
https://www.facebook.com/(...)59301214322/?fref=ts
  vrijdag 4 maart 2016 @ 10:52:48 #143
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_160411554
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 4 maart 2016 07:56 schreef bartrid het volgende:

[..]

Ook al blijft het hoe dan ook triest..
nee, jij dan!
pi_160412477
quote:
Ja dat postte Swans op Facebook.
pi_161224675
Nieuwe plaat en tour:
Swans have announced details of their new album 'The Glowing Man' (the last release of their current incarnation) out on Friday, 17th June, and will follow the album with an extensive worldwide tour, which sees them return to the UK in the autumn.

Kaartjes vrijdag in de voorverkoop *O*
  woensdag 6 april 2016 @ 16:40:18 #146
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_161225055
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 6 april 2016 16:26 schreef bartrid het volgende:
Nieuwe plaat en tour:
Swans have announced details of their new album 'The Glowing Man' (the last release of their current incarnation) out on Friday, 17th June, and will follow the album with an extensive worldwide tour, which sees them return to the UK in the autumn.

Kaartjes vrijdag in de voorverkoop *O*
Woohoo *O*
nee, jij dan!
  woensdag 8 juni 2016 @ 20:40:12 #147
304498 Nibb-it
Dirc die maelre
pi_162850125
Een deel is gelekt. Heb al een paar nummers gehoord. Godsamme _O_
pi_162859596
quote:
6s.gif Op woensdag 8 juni 2016 20:40 schreef Nibb-it het volgende:
Een deel is gelekt. Heb al een paar nummers gehoord. Godsamme _O_
Ik ga eens even zoeken dan ;)
  donderdag 9 juni 2016 @ 09:52:56 #149
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_162860390
Ohja pre-order, zou het bijna vergeten :P
nee, jij dan!
pi_162860477
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 9 juni 2016 09:52 schreef Gehenna het volgende:
Ohja pre-order, zou het bijna vergeten :P
Ik was helemaal vergeten dat ik hem al ge-preordered had, gelukkig wist Amazon het nog _O-
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')