abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  Forum Admin / Grootste Aanwinst 2022 maandag 24 oktober 2011 @ 09:09:20 #251
8731 crew  Netsplitter
#jesuisMasi
pi_103487186
The Honda family is mourning the loss of one its rising stars, the charismatic Italian Marco Simoncelli, who lost his life in a racing accident in today's Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang.

Simoncelli was one of the sport's rising stars, a charismatic 24-year-old who rode with his heart. He was as passionate on the track as he was off, and sometimes that got him in trouble. His was an aggressive style that didn't always suit the venue, but he was maturing as a rider. This season he earned his first two MotoGP podiums and his first two MotoGP pole positions. Only a week ago, he finished a career best second in MotoGP race at the Australian Grand Prix, taking the runner-up spot to Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda RC212V) with a brilliant last lap pass of Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda RC212V).

Photos from that day show Simoncelli standing out on the podium, which he also did in life. It wasn't just because he was one of the taller riders in MotoGP, and it wasn't just for the blossoming, bushy hair that paid homage to guitar legend Jimi Hendrix, but it was because of his outsized personality and his passion for winning.

The Honda Motor Company family would like to express its sincere condolences to the family of Marco Simoncelli, his team owner Fausto Gresini, his team, his legion of friends, and his thousands of fans throughout the world. He will be missed.

Shuhei Nakamoto, HRC Executive Vice President, says "I just don't know what to say; words escape me. Marco was a very nice guy and a very talented rider. Sometimes I was a little harsh with him, for example after his first MotoGP podium in Brno when I told him, 'Lucky podium!' and he was so angry, but I wanted to motivate him as I knew he was able to do even more. I was thinking that when he won his first race we would have been able to celebrate together. Now I just want to say thank you to Marco, for what you gave me, and pass my sincere condolences to his family at this very sad time."

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa says, "In a tragedy like this there is not much to say. I just want to give my condolences to his family and all the people who love him. I've been with his father and all we could do was to hug, nothing else matters. It was a fatal accident and everybody in the paddock remains in shock. Many times we ourselves forget how dangerous this sport can be and when you lose people on the way nothing has any meaning. It's clear that we all do what we like, what we love, but on days like today nothing matters."

Repsol Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso says, "In these circumstances, words don't seem to be appropriate. I think of Marco's family and all the people dear to him, in particular his father and mother. I also have a child and what happened today is the hardest situation you can imagine. I watched the images and I'm shocked. In a race you fight and push hard and disaster is often around the corner. Marco was a strong rider and he always pushed hard. We raced together since we were kids. I saw him always pushing to the maximum, he crashed many times, but without major injuries, he was seemed invincible. What happened today seems impossible."

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner says, "I'm so shocked and saddened by the loss of Marco. When things like this happen it reminds you how precious life is, it makes me feel sick inside. All I can say is how sorry I am for Marco's whole family I can't imagine what they are all going through and our thoughts and wishes are with them at this time. I hope they all stay close and pull through this tragedy together."

http://www.motogp.com/en/(...)ourns+one+of+its+own
OxygeneFRL-vrijdag 8 mei 2020 @ 08:52:59: Ik had een pleuris hekel aan je maar nu ik weet dat je tegen een vuurwerkverbod ben, hou ik van je.
  Forum Admin / Grootste Aanwinst 2022 maandag 24 oktober 2011 @ 13:18:18 #252
8731 crew  Netsplitter
#jesuisMasi
pi_103494292
Opnieuw heeft het noodlot toegeslagen. Marco Simoncelli verloor tijdens de tweede ronde van de Grote Prijs van Maleisië de controle over zijn motor, waarna hij door twee andere rijders werd gereden. De Italiaan raakte zwaargewond en overleed niet veel later. Hij werd slechts 24 jaar. De motorsportwereld verkeert in shock.

"Ik ben enorm geschokt door de dood van Marco. Ik ben er echt misselijk van. Op dit soort momenten realiseer je je weer even hoe waardevol het leven is. Ik leef enorm mee met de familie van Marco. Ik kan me niet voorstellen hoe zij zich nu moeten voelen. Mijn gedachten gaan naar hen uit, op dit moment."
Casey Stoner (rijder Repsol Honda)

"Wat kun je zeggen op zo'n moment? Ik kan de familie van Marco alleen maar veel sterkte toewensen in deze moeilijke tijd. Ik heb zijn vader opgezocht en het enige wat we konden doen, was elkaar omhelzen. De hele MotoGP-wereld is in shock en dat zal ook nog wel even zo blijven. We vergeten vaak hoe gevaarlijk deze sport kan zijn. Tot we iemand verliezen. Alles lijkt ineens zo onbelangrijk."
Dani Pedrosa (rijder Repsol Honda)

"Woorden schieten te kort. Mijn gedachten gaan uit naar zijn familie en alle mensen die hem dierbaar waren, met name zijn vader en moeder. Als ouder kan ik mij niets vreselijkers voorstellen dan dit. Ik heb de beelden van het ongeluk gezien en ben erg geschrokken. Je rijdt constant op de limiet en een ongeluk is nooit ver weg. Marco ging altijd tot het uiterste, crashte vaak, maar liep nooit ernstige blessures op. Hij leek onverwoestbaar. Wat er nu gebeurd is, voelt dan ook erg onwerkelijk."
Andrea Dovizioso (rijder Repsol Honda)

"Ik ben in shock. We zijn ons allemaal bewust van de risico's die bij onze sport komen kijken, maar er is de afgelopen jaren heel veel gedaan om de veiligheid van de rijders verder te verbeteren. Het blijft desondanks een zeer gevaarlijke sport, zoals we vandaag hebben gezien bij Marco Simoncelli. Dit is weer een zwarte dag voor de motorsport. We hebben een vriend verloren. Marco was een geweldige tegenstander, met wie ik vele mooie gevechten heb gehad. Ik zal hem daarom nooit vergeten."
Hector Barbera (rijder Aspar)

"Het is ongelooflijk triest wat er gebeurd is. Marco verloor de controle over de voorkont en probeerde een crash te voorkomen, maar werd helaas door zijn motor naar de binnenkant van de baan getrokken, waar op dat moment net Edwards en Rossi reden. Zij konden niets meer doen om hem te ontwijken. Dit is een verschrikkelijk droevige dag voor iedereen op de paddock en alle liefhebbers van motorsport."
Jorge Martinez (teambaas Aspar)

"We willen onze oprechte medeleven betuigen aan de familie, vrienden en collega's van Marco Simoncelli, na het noodlottige ongeluk tijdens de Grote Prijs van Maleisië op het circuit van Sepang. Marco was een waardige tegenstander en een rijzende ster in de MotoGP. We zullen hem allemaal verschrikkelijk missen."
Yamaha Factory Racing

"We zijn hier flink kapot van. Onze gedachten en gebeden gaan uit naar de familie van Marco en zijn team. Onze gevoelens zijn niet onder woorden te brengen. De MotoGP heeft een grote ster verloren, een geweldig persoon met een enorm charisma en wiens enthousiasme altijd aanstekelijk werkte. We hebben nauw met Marco samengewerkt tijdens zijn eerste twee seizoenen in de MotoGP. Hij was een echt talent. We hebben een goede vriend verloren. Marco zal enorm gemist worden."
Taka Horio (directeur Bridgestone Motorsport)

"De dood van Marco doet me veel verdriet. Ik was erg onder de indruk van zijn snelheid, talent en vastberadenheid. Hij deed me wel aan Gilles Villeneuve denken. Namens heel Ferrari wens ik de familie van Marco veel sterkte toe."
Luca di Montezemolo (president Ferrari)

"Het is moeilijk om de juiste woorden te vinden. Marco was altijd zo'n opgewekt persoon. Gebeurtenissen als deze, en het ongeluk van Dan Wheldon een week geleden, herinneren ons eraan dat er altijd risico's verbonden zijn aan onze sport. We moeten alert blijven, maar tegelijkertijd beseffen dat ongelukken kunnen blijven gebeuren. De gedachten van iedereen bij Ferrari gaan uit naar de familie en vrienden van Marco, en zijn team. Ik ben erg goed bevriend met Fausta Gresini. Ik wens hem ook veel sterkte toe. Ik weet dat hij het erg moeilijk heeft nu."
Stefano Domenicali (teambaas Ferrari)

"Iedereen bij Ducati is diep geraakt door het overlijden van Marco Simoncelli. We zullen Marco herinneren als iemand die altijd vrolijk en enthousiast was. Hij heeft de afgelopen jaren geweldige dingen laten zien. Hij was een van ons."
Ducati MotoGP Team

"Er is een geweldig talent verloren gegaan. Mijn gedachten gaan uit naar Marco's familie, vrienden en iedereen in de MotoGP. Motorsport kan soms zo wreed zijn."
Jenson Button (Formule 1-coureur)

"Ik kan gewoon niet geloven dat Marco Simoncelli dodelijk verongelukt is. Opnieuw hebben we een groot talent verloren."
Heikki Kovalainen (Formule 1-coureur)

"Rust zacht, Marco. Je was een groot talent, je zal gemist worden. Mijn gedachten gaan uit naar de mensen die je dierbaar waren en iedereen in de MotoGP."
Mark Webber (Formule 1-coureur)

http://www.gpupdate.net/n(...)en-marco-simoncelli/
OxygeneFRL-vrijdag 8 mei 2020 @ 08:52:59: Ik had een pleuris hekel aan je maar nu ik weet dat je tegen een vuurwerkverbod ben, hou ik van je.
pi_103505071
quote:
Ongelooflijk |:( |:(
Australian Open - 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2017, 2018 - - - - Wimbledon - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2017 Roland Garros - 2009 US Open - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
----
pi_103518079
quote:
Jezus. Nouja die mensen zien natuurlijk ook iets verschrikkelijks en raken in paniek om zo snel mogelijk het beste te doen...
  maandag 24 oktober 2011 @ 21:42:56 #256
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_103518706
Ik vind het nog steeds verbazingwekkend dat die marshalls dat zomaar konden doen. Regel nummer 1 is niet verplaatsen! Was met Tomizawa ook al zo. De baan is vrij, stabiliseer hem en wacht op de ambulance.

Nu denk ik dat het sowieso te laat was voor Marco, maar toch...
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
pi_103521825
quote:
We hebben het wel over Maleisië hé, slechts een keer laten vallen, hulde!!
  maandag 24 oktober 2011 @ 22:59:13 #258
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_103523673
  maandag 24 oktober 2011 @ 23:08:35 #259
131800 Tarado
capô de fusca
pi_103524357
quote:
pi_103530082
quote:
Prachtig stuk, een groot raceheld is verloren gegaan, was eigenlijk de smaakmaker van dit seizoen.
pi_103530136
quote:
Overigens ontroerend om zijn vader mee te zien helpen.
  Forum Admin / Grootste Aanwinst 2022 dinsdag 25 oktober 2011 @ 09:44:33 #262
8731 crew  Netsplitter
#jesuisMasi
pi_103533416
quote:
pi_103548839
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 25 oktober 2011 01:14 schreef M.Melandri het volgende:

[..]

Overigens ontroerend om zijn vader mee te zien helpen.
idd
" If I knew I couldn't win races, I would have stayed in the States."
  woensdag 26 oktober 2011 @ 00:23:06 #264
131800 Tarado
capô de fusca
pi_103567438
Paolo Simoncelli pays his respects to a 'special, honest and pure' son
By Michele Lostia and Sam Tremayne Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 18:50 GMT

quote:
Paolo Simoncelli has paid his respects to a 'special, honest and pure son' and expressed his gratitude at the outpouring of grief following Marco Simoncelli's fatal accident in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Speaking to Italian media, Paolo Simoncelli said the support shown in the wake of the accident had provided comfort, and insisted there was no blame to be apportioned.

"Marco was a very special person, and perhaps people have understood what he was like. If he had to swear he would, he was like that. Most of all he was honest, he was really pure," said Simoncelli Sr.

"On top of that he was a warrior, and maybe that's why he died. Had he let the bike go...but last Sunday he wanted to win. He was again the Marco we had at the beginning of the season, but now he knew what to do, he knew everything."

Greeted by hundreds of fans when he landed in Rome with his son's body, Paolo said: "Honestly I couldn't believe it: it would be bullshit if I said I'm happy, but it pleases me. We didn't realise all this, but it's a very nice thing.

"Tomorrow evening, after the end of the funeral, we'll be alone. It'll be terrible. But now I have you and all the people that come visit us. That can only please us.

"Marco was always available with all the journalists, as with all the people that would come to disturb him while he was eating. In fact he would scold me when I complained. That's how he was.

"Marco was never judged badly, he was always judged for what he was and for the way he presented himself. I loved him, and he loved me. Marco was great and that's it. What a shame.

"He needed everything around him to work. He needed Aligi Deganello - his guru and chief technician - his team, and his dad, who would piss him off sometimes, as he would say. Before the start we would shake hands and hug. I did that on Sunday too, but I guess I got something wrong. It didn't go as usual.

"He enjoyed all the simple things he had: he liked his house, his dog, the grass... in fact on Sunday he told me 'I'm tired, I want to go back home', because we had been away to prepare for Malaysia, which for him has always been difficult: nutrition, he took an ice bath to cool down before the race... It was perfect, he was sure he would do well. But he told me 'I want to go back home, dad.'"

Paolo arrived at the scene of the crash as Marco was being lifted onto a stretcher and carried to the ambulance. He says he had called to his son, but Marco was already dead. He says he also bears no ill will to the bearers, who fumbled the stretcher on their way to the ambulance.

"I was thereabouts, but Marco was dead already. I was 10 metres away, but Marco was already dead, it changed nothing.

"I helped them: when they got back up and passed the stretcher over to my side of the guard rail I took the stretcher to place it in the ambulance and held Marco's hand and called him 'Ciao Marco', but he was gone already.

"There was nothing that could be done. Nothing would have changed in that case. As for the rest, maybe more (attention) is needed, but these people try to do their best, so it's useless... But in our case Marco died on impact.

"They say God summons the best to heaven. I don't know. I wish that's how it is."

Paolo said Marco's funeral would almost certainly be held this Thursday, as a private function for relatives, friends, fellow riders and Gresini Racing staff.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95668
  woensdag 26 oktober 2011 @ 00:24:50 #265
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_103567488
Knap van die man om zo open te zijn en niet de schuld in de schoenen te schuiven van de marshals. Respect.
pi_103637020
  donderdag 27 oktober 2011 @ 22:59:30 #267
181124 chufi
Hace frio o no?
pi_103649383
quote:
Groot coureur .... Dat je nog vele overwinningen mag boeken in "īl circuito San Cielo di Pietro"

Ciao SIC
Cuando haya sol, hay Chufi
Musica Espaņol
Come On
pi_103665164
quote:
Goh als je zo dat filmpje ziet met al die acties is het jammer dat hij niet meer de kans krijgt nog beter te worden in de MotoGP. Toch wel een van de smaakmakers dit jaar net zoals Rossi voorheen (en dit jaar ook wel) was.

Op 40 sec zie je net z'n soort crash als de fatale van afgelopen weekeind. Hij blijft de fiets vasthouden waardoor het een hightsider word ipv een schuiver...

[ Bericht 10% gewijzigd door m1155 op 28-10-2011 12:45:50 ]
  Forum Admin / Grootste Aanwinst 2022 vrijdag 28 oktober 2011 @ 13:00:25 #270
8731 crew  Netsplitter
#jesuisMasi
pi_103665938
  vrijdag 28 oktober 2011 @ 22:06:09 #271
177699 La_Vita
Coo coo ca-choo
pi_103688397

Foto van de begrafenis, maar waarom geen duiven?
My mama didn't raise no fool
pi_104014431
Rossi start als 6e. Maargoed normaal gesproken hadden Lorenzo, Simoncelli en Edwards ervoor gestaan dus had hij 9e geweest. Misschien een leuke uitgangs positie voor een natte race.
  zaterdag 5 november 2011 @ 22:58:13 #273
181124 chufi
Hace frio o no?
pi_104014671
Denk dat het een droge race wordt als ik de weersvoorspelling bekijk
Cuando haya sol, hay Chufi
Musica Espaņol
Come On
pi_104026384

_O_
  zondag 6 november 2011 @ 14:05:38 #275