abonnementen ibood.com bol.com
pi_118201555
quote:
Zonde -O-.

Zou er nog een kans zijn dat een andere zender het programma overneemt?
pi_118204972
-O- Erg jammer!
Michael Scott: If I were joking, you'd be laughing. Do you look like you're laughing?
Dwight K. Schrute: Impossible to say. I can't see myself.
  zondag 21 oktober 2012 @ 19:46:05 #178
66444 Lord_Vetinari
Si non confectus non reficiat
pi_118251496
Nou ja, beter nu stoppen dan halfslachtig doorgaan. De laatste twee seizoenen vond ik sowieso al minder worden.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Sir Terry Pratchett (1948 - 2015)
pi_118252845
Op de Facebookpagina van Time Team las ik net dit:

quote:
Just wanted to share a couple of things that were a real pleasure during the last, somewhat exciting week. In talking to some of the team, many of whom would be familiar to you, everyone who I talked to said "I'll be there!" when I talked about the new potential projects. T.T. is a fantastic format that inspires this kind of loyalty and with everyone's help I believe you have not seen the last of it on broadcast screens. It was very moving to get this kind of response.Tim T.
Blijkbaar willen ze dus toch nog proberen om verder te gaan met elkaar. Die hoop/intentie blijkt ook wel uit de reactie van Tim Taylor op het nieuws dat Channel 4 stopt met Time Team:

quote:
I strongly believe in the Time Team format as being both original and
innovative. Over the last few years this has gradually been changed by an
approach that has emphasized a documentary style of film making. This has
produced films that are well made and watchable, but to me not
concentrating on Time Team’s core DNA. This centres on the moment that
we see archaeology emerging from the ground for the first time and the team
battling against a limited timescale, using their intelligence and skill to work
out the right strategy to answer key questions. I want to get back to that
immediacy of discovery.

(...)

I am hoping to make a number of shows, filmed for the internet, to get Time
Team back to its roots and to tap into the incredible public interest in the
subject.

(...)

We will in 2013 be doing a number of ‘Dig Village’ shoots using Mick as a
guide and taking advantage of his work and knowledge of local community
projects. A trial of the first of these will take place this month and be seen
on the internet in early November. Stewart will be surveying the landscape,
Paul Blinkhorn the pottery and a number of the usual characters will be
making an appearance.

I also hope to be doing two or three digs on sites where Time Team has
worked in the past where there is still work to be done based on John’s
geophysics. These we are calling the Time Team ‘Legacy’ Roadshow.

(...)

I would like to believe that Time Team will be back on Broadcast television
at some time in the future, perhaps leaner and more focused but still on the
hunt to discover amazing stuff and as you know we will have “Just Three
Days to Do It!”
De volledige tekst van zijn reactie, kun je hier lezen: http://www.scribd.com/doc(...)on-Time-Teams-Future
pi_119250024
Ze zijn snel met het nieuwe seizoen. Afgelopen weekend is de eerste aflevering van seizoen 20 al uitgezonden.

Wel een interessante aflevering, al lag de focus dit keer meer op de achtergrondinformatie dan op de archeologie.
  donderdag 15 november 2012 @ 19:47:06 #181
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_119250177
quote:
11s.gif Op donderdag 15 november 2012 19:44 schreef DaMart het volgende:
Ze zijn snel met het nieuwe seizoen. Afgelopen weekend is de eerste aflevering van seizoen 20 al uitgezonden.

Wel een interessante aflevering, al lag de focus dit keer meer op de achtergrondinformatie dan op de archeologie.
Nou, dat is niet nieuw, hoor. Vorig seizoen was dat ook al het geval. Het begin van het einde voorspelde dat al.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
pi_119250322
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 15 november 2012 19:47 schreef Lord_Vetinari het volgende:

[..]

Nou, dat is niet nieuw, hoor. Vorig seizoen was dat ook al het geval. Het begin van het einde voorspelde dat al.
Klopt, maar in mijn gevoel is de verhouding nu nog meer doorgeslagen richting achtergrondinformatie.

Overigens is Tim Taylor, de man achter Time Team samen met een deel van de Time Team-crew nu een nieuw project gestart, dat op Facebook te volgen is: http://www.facebook.com/DigVillage.
  zondag 18 november 2012 @ 09:33:20 #183
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_119336025
Wel een indrukwekkende aflevering, maar dat is het al snel als het over WW1 gaat natuurlijk.
  zondag 18 november 2012 @ 10:32:51 #184
165164 Tha_Bartman
And so it goes.
pi_119336563
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 18 november 2012 09:33 schreef Lord_Vetinari het volgende:
Wel een indrukwekkende aflevering, maar dat is het al snel als het over WW1 gaat natuurlijk.
is er een nieuwe? kan niets vinden...
Rich Hall:Everybody says that the wheel is the greatest invention ever but i think it was the 2nd wheel.... have you ever seen a guy on a unicycle, what an asshole." _O_
  zondag 18 november 2012 @ 20:28:10 #185
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_119356478
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 18 november 2012 10:32 schreef Tha_Bartman het volgende:

[..]

is er een nieuwe? kan niets vinden...
Yep. S20E01. Staat op torrents.
pi_119361609
quote:
Overigens is Tim Taylor, de man achter Time Team samen met een deel van de Time Team-crew nu een nieuw project gestart, dat op Facebook te volgen is: http://www.facebook.com/DigVillage.
Tim Taylor :P
timallen.jpg
  maandag 24 juni 2013 @ 22:03:55 #187
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_128215647
936436_348665591927153_6051790_n.jpg

It is with a very heavy heart that we have been informed this evening that our dear friend and colleague Mick Aston has passed away.

Van de Time Team Facebook pagina :'(

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTimeTeam/posts/507567812650170

[ Bericht 30% gewijzigd door Lord_Vetinari op 24-06-2013 22:20:11 ]
pi_128215876
Whut? :o
  maandag 24 juni 2013 @ 22:08:01 #189
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_128215985
No more news as yet. Ik ben de Engelse sites aan het afstropen, maar ik denk dat het redelijk onverwacht was.
pi_128216160
Jeetje, ik schrik ervan! RIP Mick, je was een kleurrijke figuur ;(
Most people don’t listen with the intention to understand, they listen with the intention to reply.
Unsere Heimat
  maandag 24 juni 2013 @ 22:11:28 #191
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_128216224
Zelfs de site van Channel 4 heeft er nog niks over.
  maandag 24 juni 2013 @ 22:13:30 #192
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_128216375
pi_128216498
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 24 juni 2013 22:10 schreef Rewimo het volgende:
Jeetje, ik schrik ervan! RIP Mick, je was een kleurrijke figuur ;(
Dit -O-.

Hij is nu overigens wel even trending op Twitter :o.
  maandag 24 juni 2013 @ 22:15:39 #194
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_128216541
Ik denk dat hij die eer graag had laten lopen...
pi_128217230
Was hij ziek?
  maandag 24 juni 2013 @ 22:25:05 #196
66444 Lord_Vetinari
pi_128217304
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 24 juni 2013 22:24 schreef Nibb-it het volgende:
Was hij ziek?
Geen idee, ik heb er niks van gelezen of gezien.
pi_128217471
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 24 juni 2013 22:24 schreef Nibb-it het volgende:
Was hij ziek?
Van Wikipedia:

quote:
Aston has commented that throughout his life he has suffered from poor health, living with aspergillosis since the early 1980s,[33] and also being afflicted with asthma.
Misschien heeft dat een rol gespeeld. Aspergillosis is als ik het goed begrijp een soort allergie voor sporen van schimmels.
Most people don’t listen with the intention to understand, they listen with the intention to reply.
Unsere Heimat
pi_128221249
Hè dat is nog even naar nieuws om de dag mee af te sluiten :'(
pi_128226872
quote:
Prof Mick Aston dead: Time Team archaeologist passes away aged 66

The much-respected academic was a presenter on the Channel 4 programme as well as one of the brains behind its concept

Time Team archaeologist Professor Mick Aston has died at the age of 66.

The academic, a presenter on the hit Channel 4 programme, was known as one of the country’s top archaeologist

Prof Aston was the brains behind the original Time Team concept and known by fans for his colourful jumpers.

It was believed the much-respected professor had suffered health problems but the cause of death is not yet known.

Time Team's official Facebook and Twitter accounts revealed the news last night.

A statement said: "It is with a very heavy heart that we've been informed that our dear colleague Mick Aston has passed away. Our thoughts are with his family."

Close friend and former Time Team colleague Phil Harding said he had received the news from his son, James Aston.

Dr Harding said that learning of his death just two weeks after talking to him on the phone for the last time had come as a shock.

"It just seems so incredible, like a bad dream, but unfortunately this is no dream," the 62-year-old said.

"He was a seriously good mate and a seriously good archaeologist, a unique man.

"Everybody loved him, he just had a way with people. I cannot believe there was anybody who disliked him, he just had such a relaxed way.

"He had incredible knowledge and an effortless way of making archaeology accessible to people."

Professor Francis Pryor, who also worked with Prof Aston on the programme, paid tribute to a man who he described as "remarkable archaeologist who could really dig".

He said: "I will remember him fondly - was a warm, loving, nice man.

"He did very good work on original British towns which is still being built on and he was an authority on monastic church archaeology and early medieval archaeology."

Fan Lee Brady, of the Save Time Team campaign, said: "The Time Team crew and Channel 4 should commission a 'one-off' special dig in memory of Mick.

"He loved Time Team and it would be very fitting that they could do one more dig at a location Mick would have loved."

Born and raised in Oldbury in the West Midlands, Prof Aston was instantly recognisable on television for his colourful jumpers.

He lived in Somerset, and continued to take part in archaeology projects after leaving Time Team acrimoniously last year, when he accused the programme of dumbing down.

Before being named an emeritus professor at the university of Bristol and an honorary visiting professor at Exeter and Durham, he first joined the cast led by actor and presenter Tony Robinson when the show began in 1994.
  Moderator dinsdag 25 juni 2013 @ 07:30:47 #200
168091 crew  Cobra4
Defenestration
pi_128226916
-O-
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
abonnementen ibood.com bol.com
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')