woensdag 16 september 2009 @ 13:03:37 #151
135789 Damzkieee
Ontzettende natnek
pi_72799842
quote:
Op dinsdag 15 september 2009 10:56 schreef LeonH het volgende:

[..]

Move Away
Hoop dat ze idd weer eens ander werk gaan spelen bij hun volgende europa tour. Why do i keep counting, leave your bourbon on the shelf, Midnight Show, Tranquilize (gehoord in Keulen 2 jaar terug ), Indie Rock 'n Roll....

Heel stiekem hoop ik nog altijd dat ze Romeo & Juliet eens live gaan doen
Is er al wat bekend over een volgende tour?
The Killers Heracles Almelo Real Madrid
29.10 Novastar HMH
pi_72975993
DVD!
quote:
September 21, 2009
The Killers – Live From The Royal Albert Hall features tracks from the band’s three studio albums, Hot Fuss (2004), Sam’s Town (2006) and Day & Age (2008) - including huge hit singles Human, When You Were Young, Mr Brightside, and All These Things That I’ve Done - as well as rarer tracks including their cover of Joy Division’s Shadowplay and fan favorite Sweet Talk (previously released on the band’s 2007 collection of rarities, Sawdust). This package also includes the band’s first and only live CD with 80 minutes of live performance, as well as a behind-the-scenes documentary.

The Killers will release their first live DVD on November 10th 2009. (November 9th in the UK.)

Tracklisting:

Live From The Royal Albert Hall

5/6 July 2009

[1hr 50mins]

Set List

Human
This Is Your Life
Somebody Told Me
For Reasons Unknown
The World We Live In
Joyride
I Can’t Stay
Bling (Confessions Of A King)
Shadowplay
Smile Like You Mean It
Losing Touch
Spaceman
A Dustland Fairytale
Sam’s Town (Acoustic)
Read My Mind
Mr. Brightside
All These Things That I’ve Done
Sweet Talk
This River Is Wild
Bones
Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
When You Were Young

Bonus Features

BEHIND-THE-SCENES Documentary including interviews with crew and fans.

ALTERNATIVE ANGLES.

Bonus Festival Performances

Tranquilize ~ Oxegen Festival 2009

Human ~ Hyde Park 2009

Mr Brightside ~ Hyde Park 2009

Smile Like You Mean It ~ V Festival 200

When You Were Young ~ V Festival 2009
Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil.
pi_72976141
Tof
Tap tap tap
pi_72976577
quote:
Op maandag 21 september 2009 19:13 schreef Felixa het volgende:
DVD!
[..]
Eindelijk
  maandag 21 september 2009 @ 19:28:46 #155
60704 LeonH
Fuck the Reputation Game!
pi_72976689
quote:
Op maandag 21 september 2009 19:13 schreef Felixa het volgende:
DVD!
[..]
Eindelijk!

Maar dus blijkbaar niet de nieuwe Abbey Road sessions die kort geleden zijn opgenomen.
Of ze zijn daar bezig geweest met het cover album
11-9 Muse @ Wembley Stadium / 27-9 Brandon Flowers @ Ancient Brussel / 3-12 Simply Red @ Gelredome, Arnhem
pi_73094294
tvp
  vrijdag 25 september 2009 @ 11:33:37 #157
135789 Damzkieee
Ontzettende natnek
pi_73095350
WOOHOOO
The Killers Heracles Almelo Real Madrid
29.10 Novastar HMH
pi_73100094
ik ben lekker stoned en aan het genieten van wat youtube killers linkjes

echt he? ik kan het wel tig keer achter elkaar luisteren

brandon is zo sexy met die eyeliner, ik zou hem doen

ik vind human live zo veel beter klinken dan de album versie

zondag 27 september 2009 @ 11:46:00 #159
28609 Veerboot
Mensoverbrengschuit
pi_73143559
Wel grappig om te zien hoe verlegen/onzeker hij is of oogt tijdens Human bij Jools Holland. (Kijkt hij nou af en toe ook naar een autocue op het podium trouwens )
pi_73283196
quote:

The Killers' Brandon Flowers is one of pop music's reigning front men. In the years following the Las Vegas-based band's triple-platinum glam-rock debut Hot Fuss in 2004, Flowers has chilled out a bit with the eyeliner and become a father of two. The band has also come more into its own, with two albums more introspective and pared down than the first. Flowers, a little bit ingénue, a little bit bad boy, recently caught the admiring, obsessive eye of artist Elizabeth Peyton, who over the years has painted a myriad of male musicians (David Bowie, Kurt Cobain, Eminem, Jarvis Cocker, among others). The subject of recent retrospectives at the New Museum and Whitechapel Gallery, Peyton paints intimate, sweetly idealized portraits of her friends and idols using jewel-like, vibrant colors. And since Peyton's always taken photos, often using them as source material for her paintings (last year The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum even organized a survey of said photos), we asked her to shoot her newest discovery for the cover story. To our delight, she agreed. Here, Peyton interviews and photographs her muse.

In early July I was in London and saw that The Killers were playing at Royal Albert Hall. I don't know what I was doing in the mid-2000s, because I somehow missed hearing this band, but I thought they must be something special if they were playing there. And so I went. From the first song, I was blown away by the enormity of the music: It was melodic, anthemic, huge, and then there was the crushing beauty and ferocity of lead singer Brandon Flowers's voice. He was singing like his life depended on it. In a very short time every human being in that room was connected to him, on their feet, hands in the air, jumping up and down. Everyone knew every word to every song -- except me. But I've been catching up.

Brandon Flowers has a passion and individuality that is American in the best sense. His songs are about love, life, death and spacemen, and like Walt Whitman and Bruce Springsteen, he radiates joy in being alive and human.

Elizabeth Peyton: What's your favorite Beatles song?

Brandon Flowers: "In My Life."

EP: When and where were you born?

BF: I was born June 21st, 1981, in Henderson, Nevada.

EP: What are your favorite words?

BF: Conundrum, desert and Ammon -- it's my son's name.

EP: What does the title of your first album Hot Fuss mean?

BF: It comes from a very specific moment that I am not at liberty to give out.

EP: You actually say more by not saying... What was it like when you first met your bandmates?

BF: It was one at a time. First, it was me and Dave [Keuning], and yeah, it was exciting to meet anybody in Las Vegas that liked some of the same bands that I liked, 'cause there aren't a lot of opportunities for great music in Las Vegas. It was exciting to meet people who knew the Talking Heads and the Smiths. As crazy as that sounds, someone who liked those bands was a really different person in Las Vegas.

EP: I read that the first song you wrote together was "Mr. Brightside." When you first played that, did you guys all look at each other and go, "Oh my God, where did this come from?"

BF: Well, Dave had the guitar line, and we didn't have a drummer yet. I wanted to have this monotone driving thing over it, and I added a chorus to it, and I don't think I knew how exciting it was until we did it with a drummer. As soon as we stuck the BPM on it, it was really exciting. I felt really good about it.

EP: Based on the lyrics, "Mr. Brightside" seems to be about a girl who cheated on you, but it was good because that freed you to fulfill your destiny -- to be in a huge rock band. Did you know then how big you were going to be when you wrote that?

BF: No, it was so exciting to play in bars. We had big aspirations, but I knew I had a lot to learn.

EP: Were you happy as a young person?

BF: I was very happy.

EP: You seem so sweet and nice, but then when you sing it's just like an avalanche of every kind of emotion. There are so many songs like that. Sometimes it's really delicate and then you're, like, breathing fire. Do you get surprised by your voice?

BF: I remember when I first started to realize that it had a power about it, and it was after Hot Fuss, during the touring of [our second album] Sam's Town. What happened was that there was a huge backlash, there were awful reviews of the album and we had to go tour this thing.

EP: That's so unbelievable, it's an incredible record.

BF: You grow up and you know about Rolling Stone and Spin. My brother had NME and Spin on the wall with Morrissey on it. You can't help but pay attention to [the press]. Spin gave Sam's Town two stars. It was a shock 'cause we loved it, we thought it was so great. What it did, and what I'm grateful for, it lit a fire in us that we didn't have during Hot Fuss. While touring Hot Fuss, we were trying to be cool and not trying to mess up, but for Sam's Town we were playing for our lives, to show every journalist that was going to come that night that this album was good, and I started singing and pushing. We became a good live band.

EP: It's amazing that a band that sold seven million records is saying they really had to push themselves. Do you have to take care of your voice in any special way?

BF: Yeah, I stopped smoking. I always felt guilty about it, but I also knew it was hurting me, and quitting helped a lot. As soon as I stopped, I started taking voice lessons.

EP: On that David Letterman clip I keep seeing of you singing "A Dustland Fairytale," your voice was just more, more, more.

BF: I think that had a lot to do with the lessons.

EP: It seems like your first record was more European, and then you got more American on Sam's Town, and now with your newest record, Day & Age, it's like you've gone to outer space.

BF: Yeah, that's a pretty good interpretation. That's how I look at the band. We were all very influenced by English music: the Cure, Depeche Mode, the Smiths, the Beatles, the Stones, U2, all this British stuff. And I think we were really so impacted by it. We all felt growing up that we had to be different from what we were, because what we were just didn't seem good enough. So we put on suits, and I was trying to be Richard Butler or whoever it is -- and it worked. Then we went there -- we had never been to England or Europe -- and when we went, we realized we weren't like these people. So it was a real shock. And it's nothing against them, but I don't want to be like them. I'm an American. So then we had to backpedal. [Sam's Town] was trying to be a little more honest. And so by being honest, people said that it looked contrived because of the first album. So it was all a big mess. Outer space is kind of neutral territory -- that's where we are now.

EP: I think your new record is in a way like The Beatles' Help!, in that it's a reaction to being successful, wanting to disappear. Do you agree?

BF: I try to stay away from that stuff -- though I'm sure it's made its way in there -- 'cause a lot of people aren't going to identify with that. I don't want it to be about, specifically, being too successful or having any kind of fame. I still take out the trash and vacuum, I change my baby's diapers. I think we're pretty solid.

EP: The new record is much more spiritual, and not even in a religious way. It's got a bigger world in it, and also it's dark.

BF: Well, Dave's mom died while we were making the album, so that was on our minds, I think. And my mom got brain cancer, and they only gave her seven months, but it's already been a year and a half. Also having kids, it's funny what that does to you. It's exciting and it's wonderful, but -- I guess it happens to almost everybody -- you instantly realize you're going to die. I don't know why.

EP: Is your experience with music similar to your experience with religion?

BF: I think they're very different, but I see how people can confuse the two. If you don't have religion, I can see how music can take that place. I am not saying that God put me here to do this, but I believe in God, and I believe music is a gift.

EP: What is the song "Human" [on Day & Age] about? And when you say, "Are we human, or are we dancer," why did you use "dancer" in the singular?

BF: It just as easily could have been "dancers." It made sense to me to be "dancer." I didn't realize it was going to cause any type of commotion.

EP: It's kind of abstract.

BF: I guess it is. I liked it because of that. I just thought people could still digest it. But it really...

EP: Caused a lot of head scratching.

BF: It let me down a bit. I just thought it was good. It made sense to me, and I understand that it's different. When Bowie did something abstract, they didn't question it.

EP: Well, sometimes you have to give people time to catch up. "Human" will probably end up making sense to people. You are looking forward, but some people don't want you to ever change. Different subject: How do you feel when you finish a show? I noticed you leave the stage very quickly.

BF: Have you seen The Wrestler? That's what I feel like when I finish. I limp back to the dressing room, I sit down and if I'm still on a high, I might do push-ups. But usually when it's a really good show and I'm exhausted, I go to a couch.

EP: At Jones Beach, the crowd had very different reactions to you than European audiences do, and it seemed you weren't going to rest until everybody in the place was with you. Is that a responsibility you feel?

BF: I think it comes from being a little spoiled from those crowds over there, but also I almost want to understand why they aren't so excited. And so I can't make them do it, but I try. By the end of it, everyone was excited. It took me an hour and a half [laughs]. One thing I've noticed, no matter how bad the show is, when you finish with "All These Things That I've Done" or "When You Were Young," it puts a band-aid on, it always feels OK.

EP: What was it like playing "Thunder Road" with Bruce Springsteen at the Pinkpop Festival in May? Did you know in advance that you were going to be singing with him?

BF: I didn't know too far in advance. I knew a couple hours before, and the most surreal part was that I got to go into his dressing room with just an acoustic guitar, and we went over who was going to sing what parts, and that was a little more special for me. It was surreal, but it was also something that I've daydreamed about so many times that it wasn't too overwhelming for me. I was able to do my job up there.

EP: In The Killers studio, is it a democracy or a dictatorship?

BF: [Laughs] We all have different answers. But it is a democracy. I think sometimes I get my way a little bit, but I've definitely not gotten my way every time, so it's definitely not a dictatorship.

EP: Does the band have a message?

BF: We don't have one specific message or cause, other than the songs. We've kind of stayed away from taking positions on things going on in the world. I don't know if that will come one day as we get older, but I don't think so.

EP: Do you know when you're going to start recording new songs?

BF: We always have some new ones. I think everyone wants to take a long break after this album.

EP: Do you like being on the road so often?

BF: Well, this time we have these bigger, longer breaks at home, so we're spoiled. We're spoiled on the road. I know people who've toured this long who don't have big buses and nice hotels -- it's not so bad...

EP: Are you tired?

BF: No.

The Killers' first live concert DVD, "Live From The Royal Albert Hall," is out November 10.
bron
pi_73284125
Wat een goed interview!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
pi_73285619
Is deze hier al een keer geplaatst?

Ik zag het namelijk niet staan.

Ik vind het echt een geweldig nummer
Feyenoord Rotterdam
pi_73286146
quote:
Op donderdag 1 oktober 2009 20:30 schreef Fuszy het volgende:
Is deze hier al een keer geplaatst?

Ik zag het namelijk niet staan.

Ik vind het echt een geweldig nummer
Interessant, de Killers die een Bright Eyes nummer doen... nauturlijk niet half zo goed als 't origineel, maar toch wel aardig. Klinkt toch typisch als een Killers-nummer.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Liefde is een bitch plus een macht der gewoonte
  zaterdag 10 oktober 2009 @ 00:43:09 #164
60704 LeonH
pi_73538704
Royal Albert Hall teaser:

Artwork:

En voor wie een leuke achtergrond op zijn pc wilt hebben
http://a3.twimg.com/profi(...)_twitter_07final.jpg
11-9 Muse @ Wembley Stadium / 27-9 Brandon Flowers @ Ancient Brussel / 3-12 Simply Red @ Gelredome, Arnhem
pi_73542226
Wat een teaser!
pi_73543527
quote:
Op zaterdag 10 oktober 2009 00:43 schreef LeonH het volgende:
Royal Albert Hall teaser:

Artwork:
[ afbeelding ]

En voor wie een leuke achtergrond op zijn pc wilt hebben
http://a3.twimg.com/profi(...)_twitter_07final.jpg
sodefucking vet
Tap tap tap
pi_73543588
Wanneer komt ie nou eigenlijk uit, ik zie op internet overal verschillende data staan . 9 november, 24 november, etc.
Tap tap tap
pi_73543773
Ik heb 'm besteld bij amazon.co.uk, daar komt ie op 2 november uit.
pi_73543805
Ja kut man, waarom was ik daar niet
pi_73543860
quote:
Op zaterdag 10 oktober 2009 12:19 schreef Felixa het volgende:
Ik heb 'm besteld bij amazon.co.uk, daar komt ie op 2 november uit.
Wat zijn daar de verzendkosten? Bij Play is hij 18,50.
Tap tap tap
pi_73544151
De dvd was GBP 11,36 en de verzendkosten 2,24.
En de pond is nu ongeveer 1:1 t.o.v. de euro.
Dus totaal iets van 14 euro of iets in die richting.
pi_73544693
Ik wacht nog even tot meer bekend is wanneer de BluRay versie uitkomt (waarschijnlijk gewoon ook op 2 november), dan ga ik daarvoor.

In de States is er gewoon wel al een BluRay versie vanaf 3 november, en wat een prijs zeg :
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RBZ13Q/ref=nosim?tag=nokiangagenew-20&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B002RBZ13Q&creative=373489&camp=211189

[ Bericht 66% gewijzigd door Gauner op 10-10-2009 13:08:41 ]
pi_73544923
Je krijgt bijna geld toe
Tap tap tap
  zaterdag 10 oktober 2009 @ 16:04:51 #174
60704 LeonH
pi_73549670
Blu-ray
Dan ga ik ook voor die versie. Zou wel mooi zijn als ze bij al die nieuwe Bluray releases een dvd erbij zouden doen
pi_73561176
White Demon Love Song,

Ik oop niet dat dit de richting is die ze inslaan.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')