abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_67247619
quote:
Op vrijdag 20 maart 2009 17:25 schreef Dos37 het volgende:
Hij staat wel op internet
Dat wel ja, maar het is niet heel denderend...
  maandag 23 maart 2009 @ 18:40:05 #252
186614 Earl_J_Hickey
My name is...
pi_67332364
Vanavond en morgen de eerste 2 warm-up shows -> dus misschien morgen al een bootleg met de nieuwe nummers
pi_67333373
Die bootlegs van warmup shows zullen echt mn reet roesten....
pi_67351356
Setlist eerste rehearsal show in A.P.:

Outlaw Pete
My Lucky Day
Night
Out in the Street
Working on a Dream
Johnny 99
I Ain't Got No Home
Good Eye (with Jay Weinberg)
Radio Nowhere (w/ J.W.)
Candy's Room (w/ J.W.)
Because the Night (w/ J.W.)
Mary's Place (w/ J.W.)
The Wrestler
This Life
Long Walk Home
Surprise, Surprise
Badlands
No Surrender
Hard Times
Mustang Sally (w/ John Eddie)
Thunder Road
Born to Run
American Land
Seven Nights to Rock
pi_67354137
Ook al te downloaden via de bekende sites
pi_67354735
Leuk om eerste nummers van nieuwe album live te horen
  dinsdag 24 maart 2009 @ 18:27:21 #257
186614 Earl_J_Hickey
My name is...
pi_67365380

De eerste paar minuten van de show-> Outlaw Pete en My Lucky Day vooral My Lucky Day vind ik erg gaaf!!!

En dat wat Backstreets.com te melden had over het concert:
quote:
March 23 / Asbury Park, NJ / Convention Hall
Notes: "Tonight is the night you get to be the guinea pigs..." Bruce told the Convention Hall crowd, "the guinea pigs for the rest of the world!" This first rehearsal show for the Working on a Dream tour, and the first live airing of a decent portion of the new album, was a mixed bag -- and Springsteen seemed to know it going in. "I don't know if we got a show yet," he qualified at the outset, "but we'll do a bunch of songs and see how we do." You can't say he isn't self-aware: that's what we guinea pigs got, the Boss throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, and that was pretty much the point. It's not a show yet; it's on its way, and this is the way. Sure, we had full lighting and the semblance of a show, but tonight felt less like a dress rehearsal and more like just the next incremental step in the rehearsal process, a first stab at playing this new batch for faces looking back.

As Springsteen said later in the night, "These shows are really important to us. They allow us to get our wheels underneath us and touch base here at home... it does help us a lot. You can practice a lot in isolation... I tell myself everything sounds great! But when we come out and play [for you], we hear it through your ears, hear what works and what doesn't. So as we construct the show, it's very helpful to us."

So what worked? 12 players on stage, that worked. In addition to the full E Street Band (with Patti Scialfa present and accounted for, Soozie Tyrell and Charlie Giordano also returning), we've got two more faces up there. In between Garry Tallent (now positioned on Max's right -- shades of '88!) and Charlie are two backup singers, "the fabulous Curtis King and Cindy Mizelle from the Sessions Band." And if you thought the E Street Band had a full sound before, wait til you hear this. It's an expansion of their sonic palette on the level of Soozie's addition to the band on the Rising tour. Any question of how the pop sound of Working on a Dream might translate to the stage is answered by the presence of Curtis and Cindy. (Makes me wish they'd been there for "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" last time around.) They're still learning the E Street ropes, but especially with a full Springsteen tour under their belts already, look for them to make this tour shine in short order.

The message worked. The most clearly thematic song choices made for the most compelling performances of the night. And it wouldn't take a genius to guess what might be on Bruce's mind this time around. "A lot of folks struggling out there, a lot of hard times," he said, introducing a muscular, guitar-heavy "Johnny 99" with the Big Man on baritone sax, melding the late-'03 and Sessions Band arrangements. Another inspired song choice was "I Ain't Got No Home," originally released on Folkways: A Vision Shared. In this live version, the vocalists came down front for an a cappella intro, simply massive harmonies that recurred on the chorus throughout. (And a nice twist of the lyric at the end: "The banking man is rich, and the working man is poor.") Kicking off the encore was a reinvention of Stephen Foster's "Hard Times Come Again No More," akin to what he and the Sessions Band did with "How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?"

The pacing worked, in a sense. Not that Bruce has yet figured out the structure or the flow; clearly that's still to come. But the relentless drive of the Magic tour is gone, and right now that feels like a good thing, letting these songs breathe a bit.

Jay Weinberg worked -- and worked hard. In the middle of the set, Bruce brought him out for a five-song stretch: "Just a little magic -- I can actually make Max 40 years younger!" Jay's big beat powered "Good Eye" first, Bruce with the bullet mic, of course, and the backup vox getting wild, callling out "Ride that train!" This was cooool. From there into "Radio Nowhere" they really put Jay through his paces, with the huge drum breakdown at the end of that song leading right into the stamina-fest of "Candy's Room." His hair flying, even breaking a freakin' drumstick, Jay came through the gauntlet with a big grin, Bruce going back for a high five. "Jay is 18!" Bruce laughed, and the implication was clear -- he's that good already?

Nils' new hips -- they worked! "Because the Night," with Jay still behind the kit, featured Lofgren's signature solo, complete with lunges and spins. Looks like the PT paid off.

Working on a Dream songs are getting up on their feet pretty nicely, though there weren't as many in the set as we might have expected. ("Kingdom of Days," for one, was on the setlist but not played.) "My Lucky Day" in particular had a good, classic E Street feel; stripped of some of the busy-ness of the album version, it was a straightahead, high-energy rocker that brought Bruce and Steve face to face at the mic and really got things going. After Charlie's swirling keyboard intro, a beautiful airing of "The Wrestler" was driven largely by Bruce and his acoustic, but it gradually built with subtle accompaniment from Charlie and Roy, Soozie's fiddle, and finally Max coming in to give it a climactic beat. "This Life" was a complexly arranged vocal showcase, with majestic, sunny harmonies -- unabashed pop, and while some hearts of stone may not dig it, it was glorious to these ears.

What didn't work? Well, teaching some of those "This Life" parts to the crowd was awkward. This half do this... now this half do that. ("Two-sevenths, five-sevenths," Steve Martin would add.) The transition from "Surprise, Surprise" into "Badlands." Structure? What structure? "Mustang Sally," played by request with guest John Eddie, was a bit of a mess, though Bruce and the band held it together, and getting a classic cover in the encore is always a good direction.

But the real issue was the retread factor. The Magic tour may have ended not very long ago at all, but the feeling among fans seems to be that we're ready and hoping for something new, not simply picking up where we left off. Maybe Bruce felt he and the band needed a few safe places to land, but while the night was surprisingly light on Magic material, too many moments felt like holdovers. A lengthy "Mary's Place," complete with "Are you ready?" intro and mid-song rap, feels more tired than ever. At this point the song feels like an AC/DC stage prop: built for touring, why leave it in storage when you can keep taking it on the road? And shouldn't that house down by the river be built by now? We can only hope Springsteen finds a new centerpiece for the show, and soon. Compulsory takes of songs like "Badlands" and "No Surrender" as the night wore on, and "American Land" at the end, just served as a reminder of the vast swaths of Springsteen's songbook he has visited all too rarely -- or in the case of Devils & Dust and a good deal of his '90s material, not at all with the E Street Band.

But all things in good time. Here in the preparation phase, getting to watch Springsteen develop a show is compelling in and of itself -- as long as you're not looking for one fully grown at birth. And with surprisingly few miscues tonight, even the goofs were fun. Like when Bruce stopped "Johnny 99" dead for a moment: "Waitaminute! We almost... We almost had it! A one-two-three!..."

"This is a run-through," he reminded us at the encore break. "We'll see what flies. Next time you see us we'll be a well-oiled machine. We're sort of a well-oiled machine tonight." At that, Steve shook his head. But "sort of well-oiled" feels about right for night one.
-report by Chris Phillips; photographs by Michael Zorn

Setlist:
Outlaw Pete
My Lucky Day
Night
Out in the Street
Working on a Dream
Johnny 99
I Ain't Got No Home
Good Eye (with Jay Weinberg)
Radio Nowhere (w/ J.W.)
Candy's Room (w/ J.W.)
Because the Night (w/ J.W.)
Mary's Place (w/ J.W.)
The Wrestler
This Life
Long Walk Home
Surprise, Surprise
Badlands
No Surrender
Hard Times
Mustang Sally (w/ John Eddie)
Thunder Road
Born to Run (w/ J.W.)
American Land (w/ J.W.)
Seven Nights to Rock
  dinsdag 24 maart 2009 @ 20:29:21 #258
191019 Benigoi
--FR1908--
pi_67369451
Het verslag op BeTrue

2,5 uur mooi mooi mooi The Boss gaat nog niet afbouwen
pi_67375905
Geluidskwaliteit in filmpje is wel minder dan in de bootleg van de show van gister. Bootleg geeft beter beeld
pi_67381402
Setlist van vannacht

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. My Lucky Day
4. No Surrender
5. Out in the Street
6. Working on a Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99 (rock version)
9. Ghost of Tom Joad (pure electric)
10. Good Eye
11. Darlington County
12. Waiting on a Sunny Day
13. The Promised Land
14. The Wrestler
15. Kingdom of Days
16. Lonesome Day (with Jay Weinberg on drums)
17. Radio Nowhere (with JW on drums)
18. Born to Run (yes, as the set closer -- with JW on drums)
--Encore--
19. Hard Times
20. Dancing in the Dark
21. Tenth Avenue Freezeout
22. Land of Hope and Dreams
23. American Land
pi_67439154
Gave setlist(s) !!!
pi_67449996
Iemand al een bootleg gespot van de tweede rehearsal show?
  vrijdag 27 maart 2009 @ 15:51:43 #263
186614 Earl_J_Hickey
My name is...
pi_67465324
quote:
Op vrijdag 27 maart 2009 00:08 schreef Razer het volgende:
Iemand al een bootleg gespot van de tweede rehearsal show?
Ik las berichten dat er wel eentje is, maar wanneer die komt is nog de vraag.
Ben erg benieuwd naar Kingdom Of Days!
pi_67636585
Opening Night San Jose April 1 2009

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. My Lucky Day
4. No Surrender
5. Out In The Street
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Ghost of Tom Joad
10.Good Eye
11.Good Rockin' Tonight
12.Darlington County
13.Growin' Up (Sign)
14.Waiting On A Sunny Day (Sign)
15.Promised Land
16.The Wrestler
17.Kingdom Of Days
18.Radio Nowhere
19.Lonesome Day
20.Born To Run

21.Hard Times
22.Thunder Road
23.Dancing In The Dark
24.10th Ave
25.Land Of Hope And Dreams
26. American Land
pi_67637647
Nee, hè? Niet wéér die klotesigns!
pi_67637966
Wat betekent dat dan? .
Still a little bit of your face I haven't kissed.
pi_67638305
quote:
Op donderdag 2 april 2009 10:20 schreef DevilsAndDust het volgende:
Wat betekent dat dan? .
Dat mensen met irritante zelfgefabriceerde en -geschreven bordjes voor je neus gaan staan wapperen, zodat je vaak de helft van het podium niet ziet, omdat dit vaak gebeurt door mensen die een beetje vooraan staan.

Vorig jaar viel dat in het begin nog wel mee, maar toen eenmaal bekend werd dat Bruce zo'n twee keer op een avond wat bordjes verzamelde uit het publiek, kwamen er ook steeds meer. Vreselijk vind ik dat!

Fargo = géén bordjesfan!

Verder vind ik jou nog steeds erg lief!
pi_67638515
Oh, zo! Ja maar als er iemand staat met een bordje 'Jungleland' dan mag dat best van mij hoor. . En vorig jaar in Hamburg hadden we Held up without a gun door zo'n bordje.

Gelukkig maar dat ik een zitplek heb dan. Vanaf zaterdag kan ik eindelijk de treinkaartjes bestellen (kan vanaf drie maanden van te voren bij NS HiSpeed)! Ik vind het alweer helemaal spannend. Misschien zie ik onze grote kale vriend ook nog in Frankfurt. .

Ik weet niet waar ik dat aan verdiend heb, maar ik vind jou ook lief hoor! .
pi_67640223
quote:
Op donderdag 2 april 2009 10:31 schreef Fargo het volgende:

[..]

Dat mensen met irritante zelfgefabriceerde en -geschreven bordjes voor je neus gaan staan wapperen, zodat je vaak de helft van het podium niet ziet, omdat dit vaak gebeurt door mensen die een beetje vooraan staan.

Vorig jaar viel dat in het begin nog wel mee, maar toen eenmaal bekend werd dat Bruce zo'n twee keer op een avond wat bordjes verzamelde uit het publiek, kwamen er ook steeds meer. Vreselijk vind ik dat!

Fargo = géén bordjesfan!

Verder vind ik jou nog steeds erg lief!
En dan vragen ze om Waiting on a Sunny Day............
  vrijdag 3 april 2009 @ 19:43:17 #270
17114 Pistol_Pete
Hard to be a saint in the city
pi_67685737
quote:
Op donderdag 2 april 2009 09:28 schreef rockin_the_lowland het volgende:
Opening Night San Jose April 1 2009

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. My Lucky Day
4. No Surrender
5. Out In The Street
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Ghost of Tom Joad
10.Good Eye
11.Good Rockin' Tonight
12.Darlington County
13.Growin' Up (Sign)
14.Waiting On A Sunny Day (Sign)
15.Promised Land
16.The Wrestler
17.Kingdom Of Days
18.Radio Nowhere
19.Lonesome Day
20.Born To Run

21.Hard Times
22.Thunder Road
23.Dancing In The Dark
24.10th Ave
25.Land Of Hope And Dreams
26. American Land
damn, dat ziet er veel belovend uit
[b]Stay Hard, Stay Hungry, Stay Alive[/b]
  zaterdag 4 april 2009 @ 08:46:01 #271
191019 Benigoi
--FR1908--
pi_67698195
4/3 Glendale, AZ Jobing.com Arena
------------------------------------------
1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. My Lucky Day
4. Night
5. Out in the Street
6. Working on a Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. The Ghost of Tom Joad
10. Working On The Highway
11. Downbound Train
12. Because the Night
13. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
14. The Promised Land
15. The Wrestler
16. Kingdom of Days
17. Radio Nowhere
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Born To Run

ENCORE:

21. Hard Times
22. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
23. Rosalita(come out tonight)(request)
24. Land of Hope and Dreams
25. American Land
26. Dancing in the Dark
pi_67698356
Gaat er hier nog iemand naar het concert in Frankfurt op 3 juli? En blijf je dan ook in Frankfurt slapen en is er dan op de terugweg nog plek in de auto voor een wanhopig Bruceminnend meisje? .
pi_67698584
Oh gelukt! Een retourtje boeken bij NS HiSpeed schijnt niet te kunnen, maar twee enkeltjes wel. Dus dat heb ik maar gedaan.
pi_67760976
Lekker lijstje vanacht in Austin

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. My Lucky Day
4. PROVE IT ALL NIGHT
5. Out In The Street
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. YOUNGSTOWN
10. Working On the Highway
11. SHERRY DARLING
12. SHE'S THE ONE
13. Because the Night
14. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
15. The Promised Land
16. The Wrestler
17. Kingdom of Days
18. Radio Nowhere
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born to Run

22. Hard Times
23. JUNGLELAND
24. I'M A ROCKER
25. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
26. Land of Hope and Dreams
27. American Land
28. GLORY DAYS
pi_67761785
Inderdaad lekker!
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')