abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_53681570
quote:
Op woensdag 3 oktober 2007 21:46 schreef NorthernStar het volgende:

[..]

Ik denk aan die foto in Marokko (major afleiding) en bijvoorbeeld dat verhaal van die ontslagen medewerker. We kunnen niet weten of het uit de koker van de McCanns komt maar het vermoeden mag wel.
aah, dus de McCanns hebben Noren, Belgen, Engelsen en Spanjaarden voor de diverse sightings ingehuurd om het onderzoek naar de door hun begane moord op hun dochter op een dwaalspoor te brengen ?
Of bedoel je dat ze de mensen ipv om hulp eigenlijk hadden moeten vragen om dat toch vooral geen fotos of tips naar de politie te sturen .. ?
pleased to meet you
pi_53681655
quote:
Op vrijdag 28 september 2007 13:07 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

Ik zie dat allemaal ook al s een soort PR, de zielige Kate, dat verhaal lees je ook hier: http://www.mirror.co.uk/n(...)alth-89520-19861277/ Ik ga er een beetje over m'n nek van. Zo 'belazerd' had ze er eigenlijk direct moeten uitzien. Die foto is wel erg slecht belicht overigens, vreemde make-up ook...

[afbeelding]
Vreemd ineens hele andere wenkbrauwen?
//Jij bent een user waar er meer van zouden moeten zijn, zhe devilll // Ik dacht dat je schreef Hitler ofzo//Huillie is mine!
pi_53681743
In truth ff een topic hierover openen en mensen die dit kunnen kaarten laten leggen etc
lijkt me nog interessanter
//Jij bent een user waar er meer van zouden moeten zijn, zhe devilll // Ik dacht dat je schreef Hitler ofzo//Huillie is mine!
  † In Memoriam † donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 00:51:57 #129
21290 NorthernStar
Insurgent
pi_53683799
quote:
Op woensdag 3 oktober 2007 23:14 schreef moussie het volgende:

[..]

aah, dus de McCanns hebben Noren, Belgen, Engelsen en Spanjaarden voor de diverse sightings ingehuurd om het onderzoek naar de door hun begane moord op hun dochter op een dwaalspoor te brengen ?
Of bedoel je dat ze de mensen ipv om hulp eigenlijk hadden moeten vragen om dat toch vooral geen fotos of tips naar de politie te sturen .. ?
Nee die foto-hype had echt helemaal niks te maken met het verleggen van de focus inderdaad.

Maar goed, dat wordt een herhaling van zetten. Ik weet ook niet of met "dwaalsporen" primair dit bedoeld werd. Dit was meer voor de publieke opinie imo.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 10:33:39 #130
145755 kahaarin
You are my sunshine......
pi_53687407
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 00:51 schreef NorthernStar het volgende:

[..]

Nee die foto-hype had echt helemaal niks te maken met het verleggen van de focus inderdaad.

Maar goed, dat wordt een herhaling van zetten. Ik weet ook niet of met "dwaalsporen" primair dit bedoeld werd. Dit was meer voor de publieke opinie imo.
De dwaalsporen die Amaral bedoelde zijn idd de verklaringen dat Maddy was gezien in Marokko en de theorie daat er iemand in het app was toen Gerry ging kijken, dat ontslagen dienstmeisje etc etc.
Hij was er zo van overtuigd dat de McCanns het hadden gedaan dat hij andere aanwijzingen en verklaringen terzijde heeft gegooid omdat hij vond dat die niet belangrijk waren voor het onderzoek, hij wilde dmv een bekentenis de McCanns achter tralies zien te krijgen, al die aandacht was voor hem niet gunstig want daardoor kon hij hen niet al te hard aanpakken, dat is mijn theorie hoor, niet een vaststaand feit.

@ zhe-devilll, als je dat doet post je dan een link? Gevonden:
Vermiste Maddy McCann Opsporing
be nice or go away
  donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 10:48:26 #131
145755 kahaarin
pi_53687663
quote:
The hunt for Madeleine McCann descended into chaos today after it emerged that a second senior detective on the case wants to quit.

Chief Inspector Tavares Almeida, 48, who interrogated Kate McCann, is said to have put in a request with his superiors for an extended leave of absence.

It comes as Portuguese officials admit it could be a week before the man heading the inquiry Goncalo Amaral, who was sacked earlier this week, is replaced.

Mr Almeida was Mr Amaral's deputy and is head of the unit within the Judicial Police in Portimao that has been investigating Madeleine's disappearance on May 3.

He reportedly made the request before his boss was sacked on Tuesday.

A police source told Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas: "As a rule, requests of a short, medium or long duration are granted.

"It is very unlikely to be denied. If that happened it would be the first time in the PJ (Judicial Police)."

Mr Almeida refused to confirm or deny the report, telling the newspaper: "I don't speak to journalists."

He has held the rank of Chief Inspector for six years, previously working at the robbery unit at the national headquarters in Lisbon.

A colleague described him as "an excellent investigator, especially in the area of violent crime," and added: "He's very good, very committed and persistent." Mr Almeida is said to have requested a "licenga sem vencimento" - an extended period of absence usually used for studying or training.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23414984-details/Madeleine+investigation+in+chaos+as+police+deputy+reveals+he%27ll+also+quit+the+case/article.do?ito=newsnow&

En dat is 2, ook een tactiek, zorg dat het onderzoek niet meer loopt en laat er dan een fris en nieuw persoon naar kijken, dan kan er gezegd worden dat ze er goed aan hebben gedaan Amaral weg te sturen en kunnen ze zonder gezichtsverlies andere invalshoeken bij het onderzoek betrekken.
Het lijkt er op dat ze vanuit de internationale gemeenschap over de vingers zijn getikt en nu aan het puinruimen zijn, en nee, ik geloof niet dat Almeida dat verzoek zelf heeft gedaan, ik denk dat hem te verstaan is gegeven eieren voor zijn geld te kiezen en de zaak af te geven.
Nu is er ruimte voor een gezamelijk onderzoek en nieuwe inzichten. (Just my 2 cents.)
be nice or go away
pi_53687673
Ondertussen heeft een tweede Portugese Officer, Chief Inspector Tavares Almeida uitgebreid, verlof genomen, maar dat was al vóór het removen van flapdrol Amaral. Het kan nog wel een week duren voordat er vervangers geplaatst worden. En wat zijn de de McCanns bereid te doen? Daily Mail: "Kate and Gerry McCann, both 39, have said they would be prepared to fly back to Portugal to meet the new police chief in the hope that it would "reenergise" the hunt for Madeleine.

Friends revealed the McCanns had no immediate plans to return to Praia da Luz but would willingly do so if required. One said: "They will continue to work fully and openly with whoever is in charge of the case. "They would encourage to make sure that the post is filled as quickly as possible because quite clearly there is still an urgent need for Madeleine to be found."

"Even if there is an administrative delay caused by a promotion or whatever it takes to fill the post they still see this as a positive step because it will give a new person a chance to look at this case and move things on. "Kate and Gerry feel the best officer for the job would be the one who finds Madeleine for them. "They hope that what has happened will reenergise and refocus the inquiry into the core work of searching for Madeleine."

"The McCanns hope the replacement will galvanise the flagging investigation into the diappearance of their daughter, who vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz five months ago today."

"Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Let's get back out there. We hope whoever takes over from Mr Amaral will re-energise the search for Madeleine." He added that the McCanns would continue to cooperate with police and were prepared to go back to Portugal if necessary."

Sorry hoor, formeel verdachten de McCannetjes, hebben maar te doen wat de PJ nuttig acht voor het onderzoek, en niet andersom...
  donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 10:49:45 #133
145755 kahaarin
pi_53687692
Alweer een cross-post, hoe doen we dat?

En kijk, 5 minuten later in het nieuws:
quote:
Lisbon - Portugal's judicial police (PJ) on Thursday highlighted its good cooperation with colleagues in Britain in the Madeleine McCann case, downplaying criticism by former chief investigator Goncalo Amaral who was dismissed on Tuesday. British and Portuguese police had cooperated in a "loyal" and "serious" fashion, press reports quoted PJ chief Alipio Ribeiro as saying. Relations with foreign police forces should never be questioned in such cases, Ribeiro added.

Ribeiro made his comments after sacking Amaral, who had accused British police of only investigating what "suited" Madeleine's parents.
Nu weet ik voor mezelf zeker dat er van hogerhand ingegrepen is, een beetje stroop smeren en dan de krachten bundelen!

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/118597.html

[ Bericht 35% gewijzigd door kahaarin op 04-10-2007 10:57:08 ]
be nice or go away
pi_53687763
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 10:49 schreef kahaarin het volgende:
Alweer een cross-post, hoe doen we dat?
Ach, wij hebben een verschillende invalshoek gekozen uit dit nieuws, kan toch, vult elkaar mooi aan.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 10:55:12 #135
145755 kahaarin
pi_53687833
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 10:52 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

Ach, wij hebben een verschillende invalshoek gekozen uit dit nieuws, kan toch, vult elkaar mooi aan.
, al gezien dat er nog een nieuwe is?
Met een compliment naar de Britten voor de geweldige samenwerking?
be nice or go away
pi_53688073
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 00:51 schreef NorthernStar het volgende:

[..]

ik denk dat zij niets te maken hebben met het ontstaan van die "hype" zelf en weinig invloed kunnen uit oefenen op wat en waar door de media word opgepikt ..

maar ja, als jij van jezelf weet dat je onschuldig bent maar al een tijd lang met holle ogen moet aankijken hoe je aan alle kanten door het slijk wordt gehaald, men erop gebrand lijkt om jouw schuld te bewijzen ipv naar je kind te zoeken, zelfs te horen krijgt dat getuigen die zich bij de politie melden weg worden gestuurd met de opmerking "het kind is al dood" .. zou jij die gelegenheid niet ook aangrijpen ?

Je mag immers niets zeggen over het onderzoek zelf .. bvb, de kranten staan bol van door de politie gelekte informatie over het in de auto gevonden DNA, het bewijs van hun schuld, maar de McCanns worden bedreigt met gevangenisstraf als zij zelf ook maar iets zeggen over sandalen en vuilniszakken etc, dat moeten zij via via naar buiten brengen
quote:
het word idd een herhaling van zetten .. ik blijf bij het idee dat het politieapparaat daar 1 mijl tegen de wind in stinkt .. maar ik heb dan ook niet de illusie dat het decennia oude Casa Pia netwerk dankzij dat handjevol veroordelingen verdwenen is
pleased to meet you
pi_53688079
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 10:55 schreef kahaarin het volgende:

[..]

, al gezien dat er nog een nieuwe is?
Met een compliment naar de Britten voor de geweldige samenwerking?
Wat een bullshit allemaal, de raderen van de Britten reiken ver, heel ver, nogmaals dus, wie trekken er aan de touwtjes...ik geloof er geen barst meer van, Portugal heeft (bijna) niets meer te vertellen.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 11:34:32 #138
145755 kahaarin
pi_53688724
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 11:06 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

Wat een bullshit allemaal, de raderen van de Britten reiken ver, heel ver, nogmaals dus, wie trekken er aan de touwtjes...ik geloof er geen barst meer van, Portugal heeft (bijna) niets meer te vertellen.
Als ik moet gokken, de Britse overheid, interpoll en de rijke geldschieters dmv invloed die zij kunnen uitoefenen met geld en investeringsdeals.
Een goede ontwikkeling vind ik die aandacht voor vermiste kinderen in het algemeen en dat centrale meldpunt wat ze aan het maken zijn, misschien wordt Maddy wel een posterchild voor al die onopgeloste of afgeraffelde zaken waarin nooit helemaal duidelijk is geworden waar de kinderen in vredesnaam zijn gebleven, ik blijf zeggen dat als er geen lijkje is gevonden er doorgezocht moet worden, denk maar eens aan Natacha Kampusch, die heeft 8 jaar lang gevangen gezeten, wie weet hoeveel kinderen hetzelfde lot delen.
quote:
The tragic disappearance of Madeleine McCann should not be forgotten. But neither should the many other similar awful incidents that happen on a daily basis across Britain, says child protection expert DAVID NIVEN.

The nationwide, thorough and swift response to the recent foot and mouth and blue tongue outbreaks brings home the fact that in this country there are no such measures in place for tracing missing children.

The disappearance of Madeleine McCann is an unfolding tragedy and became an anguished backdrop to the summer months.

I wish I could think that her case had galvanised the authorities here and across the world into making more resources available to help the thousands of missing children that slip under our radar. So far I haven't heard much to be optimistic about.

About 100,000 children are reported missing every year in the UK. That amounts to one every five minutes. Even if we know that many return or contact someone within 48 hours, the sheer scale of the problem is overwhelming.

Many run away from abuse. Many run away because they are seduced by the bright lights and the dream of a better life.

Stranger abductions of very young children are rare. In fact, in the last five years, there have only been 11 children under five who have disappeared and are unaccounted for in this country. Four of them have been babies.

So, given this, it is only natural that we should have had so much attention on Madeleine McCann's situation. It would be more reassuring, however, to the families of all the other children if we had generated such a storm of attention on them.

But Madeleine McCann is a pretty, blue-eyed and blonde-haired little girl. Compare the image of little Maddie that people across the world now know to a 15-year-old bulimic drug addict. But that girl is still a vulnerable child with the desperate need for adult protection. There are many people doing a lot of work behind the scenes here and abroad, trying to create a situation where all children get equal attention.
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145365&command=displayContent&sourceNode=145191&contentPK=18574246&folderPk=83726&pNodeId=144922

Amen.

[ Bericht 51% gewijzigd door kahaarin op 04-10-2007 12:19:32 ]
be nice or go away
pi_53689920
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 11:34 schreef kahaarin het volgende:

[..]

Als ik moet gokken, de Britse overheid, interpoll en de rijke geldschieters dmv invloed die zij kunnen uitoefenen met geld en investeringsdeals.
Een goede ontwikkeling vind ik die aandacht voor vermiste kinderen in het algemeen en dat centrale meldpunt wat ze aan het maken zijn, misschien wordt Maddy wel een posterchild voor al die onopgeloste of afgeraffelde zaken waarin nooit helemaal duidelijk is geworden waar de kinderen in vredesnaam zijn gebleven, ik blijf zeggen dat als er geen lijkje is gevonden er doorgezocht moet worden, denk maar eens aan Natacha Kampusch, die heeft 8 jaar lang gevangen gezeten, wie weet hoeveel kinderen hetzelfde lot delen.
Yep, geld en macht openen én sluiten veel deuren...Absoluut goed om in Europees verband Alarmsystemen op elkaar af te stemmen, dat idee bestond al eerder en is niet onstaan door de vermising van Madeleine: "Huidig EU-voorzitter Portugal hoopt op een akkoord, maar kon nog niet zeggen wanneer de nieuwe werkwijze kan beginnen. Portugees justitieminister Alberto Costa ontkende dat het idee is ontstaan door de verdwijning van de Britse peuter Maddy McCann in Zuid-Portugal. ‘Er verdwijnen zoveel kinderen’, zei Costa." De Volkskrant Natuurlijk vinden de McCanns dit een prachtig initiatief (eerder gelezen) en zal ook zeker worden 'gebruikt' voor hun komende campagne, maar ik zou het te erg voor woorden vinden als nu al Madeleine hier aan wordt verbonden terwijl de ouders nog steeds formeel verdachten zijn...no way!
  donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 12:38:04 #140
145755 kahaarin
pi_53690219
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 12:24 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

Yep, geld en macht openen én sluiten veel deuren...Absoluut goed om in Europees verband Alarmsystemen op elkaar af te stemmen, dat idee bestond al eerder en is niet onstaan door de vermising van Madeleine: "Huidig EU-voorzitter Portugal hoopt op een akkoord, maar kon nog niet zeggen wanneer de nieuwe werkwijze kan beginnen. Portugees justitieminister Alberto Costa ontkende dat het idee is ontstaan door de verdwijning van de Britse peuter Maddy McCann in Zuid-Portugal. ‘Er verdwijnen zoveel kinderen’, zei Costa." De Volkskrant Natuurlijk vinden de McCanns dit een prachtig initiatief (eerder gelezen) en zal ook zeker worden 'gebruikt' voor hun komende campagne, maar ik zou het te erg voor woorden vinden als nu al Madeleine hier aan wordt verbonden terwijl de ouders nog steeds formeel verdachten zijn...no way!
Klopt, heb je gelijk in, zolang de ouders verdachte zijn is het niet heel kies om haar al te gebruiken hiervoor, MAAR, er is nu zoveel aandacht voor deze zaak dat het misschien net het tikje is dat nodig blijkt te zijn om er voor te zorgen dat zoiets van de grond komt, haar naam zal vermoedelijk voor altijd in 1 adem genoemd gaan worden met deze ontwikkeling, domweg omdat het tegelijkertijd speelt.
Hopelijk zijn al die ontwikkelingen (Ontslag van de leiders van het onderzoek, de stichting leaving no stone unturned, de media aandacht voor niet alleen Maddy maar ook al die andere verdwenen kinderen) de grondslag voor een conclusie in deze zaak, als blijkt dat de ouders het wel hebben gedaan en ze komen tot de veroordeling van de ouders dan nog vind ik dat ze wel genoemd kan worden, immers er is dan gedegen onderzoek gedaan op internationaal niveau, ze zijn dan niet veroordeeld op de verdenking van een politiefunctionaris die alleen op zijn gevoel is afgegaan.
Doordat er nu zoveel druk wordt uitgeoefend in de Maddy zaak komen al die andere zaken ook weer onder de aandacht, hopelijk heeft dit een sneeuwbal effect, je hebt wel gelijk als je zegt dat ze pas een officieel posterchild kan worden als er duidelijk is wat er nu precies is gebeurd en er een veroordeling is voor de dader(s), hopelijk schiet het nu eindelijk een keer op.
be nice or go away
  donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 14:39:39 #141
145755 kahaarin
pi_53693016
quote:
'Every time I close my eyes I see Maddy's face'
As the parents of Madeleine McCann admit they plan to consult psychics, Strabane mum of five Kate Houston (47) claims the youngster has been in touch with her. Gráinne McCarry finds out more
Thursday, October 04, 2007

You say Madeleine McCann has visited you. Tell us more.

I've thought of her a lot since she disappeared and I keep a picture of her beside my bed. I haven't been following the case in the media, but I often wonder about where she could be.

I was sitting up in my bedroom about four weeks after Madeleine disappeared wondering where she was - that's when the word 'navro' came to me in the form of a little girl's voice. The voice was coming from the left hand side of the bed where her picture is kept. She kept saying 'navro' and 'novarina'.

I did an internet search on the words and a found a place in Portugal called 'Mavro' which is on the coast. Novarina, also, has a literary connection to Portugal.

But, when I think of the word 'navro' a native Indian or an American connection comes to mind. It took me back to my childhood and watching old cowboys and Indians films.

What happened next?

Information comes to me in a cryptic way and I have to try and decipher it.

I decided to go to my Tarot cards to find out more information. They brought up an educated man with a good reputation and standing and a younger man. Something went wrong and the younger man was somehow brought into it. He got caught up in it, the whole adrenalin rush at the time of being involved in whatever went on. But, he didn't realise what he was getting himself into. The educated man is clever and a charmer. He's a rogue and behind closed doors he is not actually the person everyone thinks he is.

They also showed a lady, a woman who was hardened emotionally. She has this belief that no matter what, she can walk away unscathed.

I kept being brought back to a place with two streams; one runs into water, maybe a pool, and the other runs onto land. The area is barren, but green with a few trees in the distance.

There are two pillars and a connection with nuns or religion. There's an ancient theme or a historical feel to the area.

Any premonitions?

Every time I lie down or I close my eyes I see Madeleine's face. I can't tell if she's dead or alive as I can pick up messages from both dead and alive people.

To me, the person is always alive until I am told otherwise. Her face keeps coming back to me. The main message I keep getting is that in order to understand what happened they (the investigators) must go back to the very beginning and look in a different direction. There's something not right about this case, but I just can't put my finger on it ... someone could have been watching the children.
Nou, dus een nieuwe helderziende, voor wat het waard is, ik ben benieuwd.

http://www.belfasttelegra(...)n/article3027614.ece
be nice or go away
pi_53694795
Er zijn meer helderzienden die zich met Madeline bezighouden: bekend is inmiddels Brian Ladd uit de VS die zijn dromen 's tekent (www.briansprediction.com) en die al veel dromen met aanknopingspunten over Maddie heeft gegeven. Maar er is ook een Nederlandse helderziende: Marchien (uit het TV-programma): zij is naar Portugal geweest met Story (tja...) en volgens haar is Madeline zelf weggelopen, ze hoort haar roepen om haar moeder. Marchien rook een hele sterke chloorlucht en zij is bang dat Maddie door chloor om het leven is gekomen. Dat brengt Story er dan weer toe om op de cover te zetten: "Zo stierf Maddie". Dat vind ik dan weer te ver gaan.
  † In Memoriam † donderdag 4 oktober 2007 @ 17:46:06 #143
21290 NorthernStar
Insurgent
pi_53697643
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 11:06 schreef moussie het volgende:

[..]

ik denk dat zij niets te maken hebben met het ontstaan van die "hype" zelf en weinig invloed kunnen uit oefenen op wat en waar door de media word opgepikt ..
Je hebt gemist dat Clarence Mitchell, voormalig directeur van de Britse Central Office of Information, inmiddels officieel in dienst is van de McCanns?

Ik had de wiki van Mitchell willen linken maar die is inmiddels verdwenen.
pi_53700842
Ik geloof niets van die helderzienden, het is inmiddels 5 maanden geleden. Als er iemand echt weet waar de kleine is, dan had diegene dat allang laten weten, al of niet met de wereldpers, al of niet tegen grote sommen geld. Ach ja, iedereen graait wat uit die ellende-pot...Ko vertelt heeft die Marchien terecht even in de zeik gezet: http://www.kovandijkvertelt.nl/?p=619

En verder is het publiek janktijd voor 'mams' Kate McCann. In meerdere kranten, o.a:
* http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=132384&command=displayContent&sourceNode=232710&home=yes&more_nodeId1=132393&contentPK=18578976
* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=485669&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
* http://www.telegraph.co.u(...)/10/05/nmaddy105.xml

[ Bericht 3% gewijzigd door Suko op 04-10-2007 21:36:33 ]
pi_53705605
Heb een aantalen keren die artikelen gelezen en weer valt me iets op. Tot op dit moment geloven ze dat Madeleine nog in leven is, woordvoerder Mitchell van de McCanns verklaard nog steeds dat er geen reden is om te denken dat de kleine dood is. In dit eerste interview sinds ze net als Gerry formeel verdachte is bept ze alleen over de vele support en post, de steun van het dorp, familie en vrienden en over de twins. Waarom zegt Kate McCann niet iets over Madeleine zelf? Ze hebben het alleen over dat ze haar erg missen en dat vooral de avond van de vernissing het ergst was...(oh, dus het went al wat?) waarom zegt ze niet dat ze hoopt dat Madeleine het goed maakt, dat ze goed verzorgt wordt, dat ze vooral niets mankeert. Dat ze de haren uit haar hoofd trekt van zorg, verdriet en wanhoop. Ik heb zo vaak gelezen dat ouders, na mate de tijd verstrijkt, alleen meer in absolute stress raken, maar de McCanns zijn bezig hun leventje weer op te pakken, voor de twins zeggen ze er altijd bij. Zal best, maar het komt allemaal bij mij niet echt over. Ook dat afstandelijke niets-aan-de-hand-gelul op Gerry's blog, wat een weerzinwekkend nietszeggend gebral.

Daar klopt niks van als ze nog steeds denken dat Madeleine nog leeft..."The questions we ask are pretty much the same as those we asked in the first few days. Who took her, why did they take her and where is she? Without wanting to be boringly repetitive we believe that someone out there knows something that could answer these questions." En tegen de twins: "They clearly miss their big sister and have asked on numerous occasions where is Madeleine?’. Kate I and have told them that we don’t know where she is but lots of people are looking for her and we hope that we will find her."

Voorlopig blijf ik even alleen deze topics meelezen, echt nieuws komt er denk ik niet. Dat juridische gesteggel , PR-praat en politie-gedonder, nou nee. Volgende week die campagne van de McCanns, volkomen voorspelbaar.
pi_53708798
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 17:46 schreef NorthernStar het volgende:

[..]

Je hebt gemist dat Clarence Mitchell, voormalig directeur van de Britse Central Office of Information, inmiddels officieel in dienst is van de McCanns?

Ik had de wiki van Mitchell willen linken maar die is inmiddels verdwenen.
ooh nee hoor, daar heb ik helemaal niets van gemist .. evenmin dat dat ik gemist heb dat er van begin af aan de crème de la crème van de spindoctors met dit gezin bezig is geweest .. de eerste 14 dagen die van het resort zelf, komt uit het nest van DE papa spin las ik ergens, timesonline dacht ik, daarna Mitchell en Gardena (oid), beiden in dienst van de britse overheid .. sorry, atm geen zin om terug te zoeken naar de precieze namen, staat niet meer in mijn history maar wel hier ergens in een van de Maddie-topics

anyway, dat is dus iets wat mij blijft verbazen, de hoge spin die hieraan gegeven is van begin af aan, zo onwaarschijnlijk als dat "hoge pief uit de loge" verhaal dan ook mag klinken, als je alles wat er gebeurt is op een rijtje legt lijkt het toch echt wel alsof een kind van een vip is ontvoerd .. ?
pleased to meet you
  † In Memoriam † vrijdag 5 oktober 2007 @ 08:25:09 #147
21290 NorthernStar
Insurgent
pi_53712511
quote:
Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007 23:32 schreef moussie het volgende:

[..]

anyway, dat is dus iets wat mij blijft verbazen, de hoge spin die hieraan gegeven is van begin af aan, zo onwaarschijnlijk als dat "hoge pief uit de loge" verhaal dan ook mag klinken, als je alles wat er gebeurt is op een rijtje legt lijkt het toch echt wel alsof een kind van een vip is ontvoerd .. ?
Ze zijn iig "goed verbonden". Bijvoorbeeld die Esther McVey die hun fonds beheert is een goede vriend van de McCanns. Al sinds hun studietijd. Iemand met een politieke en media achtergrond die zich daarnaast al bezighield met acties en charities.
quote:
She is an ambassador for Action Medical Research, a charity that funds medical research, and Wirral Women and Children’s Aid, as well as being a Governor of West Kirby Primary School. She also takes an active interest in many residents, traders and community groups.

In the summer of 2007 she spearheaded the "Save our Post Offices " campaign in Wirral West; as well as supporting the Hoylake Life Boat Day 2007, many School fairs and fund raising events, and was last seen in public at the European Sand Yacht regatta in Hoylake in September 2007.

She is also linked to the British Flood Victims Campaign organised by a local West Kirby business woman Elian Crags.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esther_McVey
Ik denk dat die verantwoordelijk is voor dat het van begin af aan zo high profile was. Inclusief dat fondsen werven.
pi_53718034
Kijk, dit is nou wel weer nieuws: British detectives: Madeleine WAS killed in holiday apartment
quote:
British police are working on the theory that Madeleine McCann is dead, it emerged today. They have become convinced the four-year-old will not be found alive. Officers in Leicestershire have come to share the view of the Portuguese police after sniffer dogs detected 'the scent of death' in the Algarve holiday apartment from which she vanished.

The two springer spaniels, said to be capable of detecting blood and human remains, were used in the investigation in August. One picked up a 'scent of death' on items ranging from mother Kate McCann's clothes to Madeleine's favourite soft toy Cuddle Cat.

This evidence, and the alleged discovery of specks of blood in the McCanns' Ocean Club apartment in Praia da Luz, convinced the Policia Judiciaria - Portugal's criminal investigation department - that Madeleine, from Rothley, Leicestershire, died there on 3 May. It is now thought that officers in Leicestershire have also come round to believing the same theory.

A legal source close to the Portuguese police said that evidence gathered by officers in Britain led to Gerry and Kate McCann being named as suspects. He added that the inquiry, which initially focused on Madeleine being abducted, changed direction after Leicestershire police offered to help by taking sniffer dogs to the apartment.

"The British police came up with the evidence the Portuguese needed to make the McCanns suspects in Madeleine's disappearance," said the source. "It was the British police's idea to have sniffer dogs search the apartment. That day marked the turn in the case."

A month later, on 7 September, the McCanns, both doctors, were declared official suspects. The source said: "If it wasn't for the involvement of the British police, the McCanns probably would not have been made suspects. "The Portuguese police had their suspicions two weeks after Madeleine disappeared due to the discrepancies between witness statements.

"The friends, the McCanns and the employees at the Ocean Club had stories that just didn't match up. "At that stage they couldn't do much with their suspicions. It was only when the British got involved that the inquiry began to move on quite quickly."

Carlos Anjos, president of the Judicial Police Inspectors Union, said Portuguese detectives have an 'excellent' working relationship with British police without 'a single misunderstanding'. He added that despite all the resources at the McCanns' disposal, their campaign had so far produced 'nothing', as opposed to that of the police who have obtained the only credible evidence.

• A former South African detective with a record of finding missing children was called in by Kate and Gerry McCann. Danie Krugel pinpointed an area in Praia da Luz where he believed Madeleine had - at least - passed through. He spent four days searching in July after they were bombarded with emails saying he should be called in.

Mr Krugel said: "I went there to find her alive and according to my test results she was in the area of Praia da Luz. She was not in Spain or Morocco." As a result of his work, Portuguese police called in British officers to help, a source close to the McCanns said." Daily Mail
pi_53718098
Dit is ook interessant leesvoer, wat feitjes (al of niet 'gekleurd' uitgeknipt) uit kranten van de afgelopen tijd in een soort timeline gezet, inclusief vette kritiek op Martin Brunt die onlangs een programma maakte voor Sky News over de vermissing van Madeleine:

The special report of Sky News about Madeleine's case promised to “separate fact from fiction”. But what it showed was that Sky News archives are badly organized and Mr. Martin Brunt is better creating fiction than reporting facts. Because important facts and steps of the investigation were completely ignored by Mr. Martin Brunt, with the obvious complicity of his editors (nothing new, as it has been done before...)

Mr. Martin Brunt brought a new crime expert. It seems that Mr. Mark William-Thomas went missing in action, after we published a story revealing that he was also the owner and managing-director of WT Associates, a PR company specialized in child protection, media handling and advice for high profile cases. By the way, I'm still waiting for the answer of Sky News Editor to an email I sent, asking if he was aware of the business connections of Mr. Mark Williams-Thomas, as Sky News never gave this information to its viewers.

But what did Mr. Martin Brunt forget, while “separating facts from fiction”, in his special report about Madeleine's investigation?

He forget to mention what was the reason of a “dramatic twist” in the case, after “the apartment was re-examined”. Mr. Martin Brunt refers the “dramatic twist, so far” and then jumps immediately to the moment when “Kate McCann was ordered in for questioning” at the PJ headquarters in Portimão. Gerry McCann was next and both were named formal suspects.

Why did it happened, that “dramatic twist”? Why did Mr. Marin Brunt forget to explain the reasons for this “dramatic twist”? This second question only can be answered by Mr. Martin Brunt – and I believe Sky News viewers would like very much to know his explanation.

What we can do, with the help of British Press, is to answer the first question, remind Mr. Brunt of the reasons for that “dramatic twist” and about many other facts that he manipulated, distorted and omitted in his special “report”:

The sniffer dog who found the body of murdered Ulsterwoman Attracta Harron has been flown to Portugal in the hunt for the body of Madeleine McCann, the Belfast Telegraph can reveal. Specially-trained English springer spaniel Eddie and his companion Keela were taken to Praia de Luz complex in the Algarve several days ago as the search for the missing four-year-old intensified. The police dogs, which are trained to sniff out minute traces of blood, were drafted in after the focus of the investigation again turned on the apartment where the McCann family were staying when Madeleine disappeared 97 days ago.

A pair of elite police sniffer dogs attached to an English police force has been helping Portuguese police in their hunt for missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann, it has emerged. The specially-trained English springer spaniels Eddie and Keela were reportedly flown to Praia da Luz in the Algarve last week to take part in the investigation.

The spaniel can sniff out blood in clothes after they have been washed repeatedly in biological washing powder, and can detect microscopic amounts on weapons that have been scrubbed and washed. When faced with a “clean” crime scene, Mr Ellis and PC Martin Grimes, Keela’s other handler, will first send in Frankie, a border collie, and Eddie, another springer spaniel, to pick up any general scent. Then they wheel in the big gun. “We take Keela in and she will find the minutest traces of blood,” Mr Ellis said. “It’s not like looking for a needle in a haystack any more. The other two dogs will find the haystack and Keela will find the needle.”

Keela, a 16-month-old springer spaniel, has become such an asset to South Yorkshire Police that she now earns more than the chief constable. Her sense of smell, so keen that she can sniff traces of blood on weapons that have been scrubbed after attacks, has her so much in demand by forces up and down the country that she is hired out at £530 a day, plus expenses. Thought to be the only one of her kind, the crime scenes dog earns nearly £200,000 a year. Her daily rate, ten times that of ordinary police dogs, puts her on more than the chief constable, Meredydd Hughes, who picks up £129,963.”

A South Yorkshire police spokesman said: "The dogs are the only two in Britain who are capable of finding human blood in small quantities. "They are trained to seek buried remains and are put to search on areas which look disturbed, such as broken branches, rubble or turned over earth." At the end of last year, the FBI sought the dogs' help in a ten-year-old murder investigation in the United States.

The sniffer dog that helped detectives jail evil killer Trevor Hamilton has just returned from assisting the FBI with a murder probe in America. Six-year-old English springer spaniel Eddie’s career took off internationally shortly after he returned to Ulster for a third time to help in the hunt for missing Arlene Arkinson. Eddie helped police nail Hamilton after the victim-recovery dog found blood from Attracta Harron (63) on a mat from Hamilton’s burnt-out Hyundai car.

Sunday Telegraph
Madeleine McCann's parents flying back to UK
By David Harrison and Caroline Gammell in Praia da Luz and Andrew Alderson
Last Updated: 1:55am BST 10/09/2007
John Barrett, a former Scotland Yard dog handler, also indicated that the trained dogs used in an attempt to detect a "death smell" on Mrs McCann's Bible and clothes were brought in too long after Madeleine vanished. The crucial scent lasts for no longer than a month, he said.

The Times
September 17, 2007
Kate and Gerry McCann send to US for help against evidence of sniffer dogs
Steve Bird and David Brown in Praia da Luz
The parents of Madeleine McCann have contacted the lawyers of a man charged with murder who successfully challenged sniffer dog evidence. His lawyers claimed it was unreliable and persuaded a judge in the US to throw out prosecution claims that the dogs had detected the smell of a corpse. Kate and Gerry McCann hope that the case could help them to prove their own innocence.

Daily Telegraph
By Paul Harris and Sam Greenhill
September 18, 2007 12:00am
SERIOUS doubts were yesterday being cast on a crucial part of the police case against Kate and Gerry McCann. Portuguese police began to suspect the couple after a sniffer dog trained to detect "the scent of death" reacted strongly to their hire car and Madeleine's Cuddle Cat toy (...)However similar evidence has been dismissed as unreliable in a US murder trial where experts found the dogs had a poor record (...) It was a decision to bring over a sniffer dog from South Yorkshire several weeks ago which persuaded Portuguese police the McCanns may have been involved in their daughter's death. During police interviews the couple were shown videos of the animal "going crazy" when it approached their Renault hire car.

Blood samples from the Portuguese apartment where Madeleine McCann was on holiday with her family will reach a British laboratory today for analysis. The samples, which are understood to have been found in the apartment by a team of sniffer dogs (Keela and Eddie) operated by police from Leicestershire, will be examined by scientists from the Forensic Science Service, based in Birmingham, the Guardian understands. Police from Leicestershire, where the McCann family live, are leading the UK contingent of officers in Portugal helping detectives (...) But reports from Portugal suggest Leicestershire officers used specialised equipment and their own sniffer dogs to re-examine the two-bedroomed apartment at the Mark Warner holiday complex.”

The material was only collected at the end of July and early August in a review of the investigation carried out by Portuguese detectives with the help of British police and two sniffer dogs. Many of the samples are very small, containing just a few cells, while others are of poor quality because of damage by cleaning or simply the passing of time. A full report of the findings will not be ready for weeks, but many results have already been passed to the Portuguese authorities.

A British sniffer dog picked up the scent of a dead body in the apartment and samples, including suspected traces of blood, have been recovered from the scene. The UK's Forensic Science Service has spent the past month analysing them.

Daily Mail
Madeleine: Sniffer dogs 'found scent of death' on one of the McCanns' friends
Last updated at 09:29am on 26th September 2007
Friends of the McCanns faced fresh allegations yesterday after it was claimed that sniffer dogs had found the "scent of death" on one of them. The same police dog which reacted to Mrs McCann's clothes - first causing suspicion to fall on her - was alleged to have smelled "death" on one of the friends who had dinner with the couple the night Madeleine vanished. Police sources briefed a Portuguese newspaper that two police dogs from South Yorkshire, trained to detect corpses, human remains and microscopic traces of blood, had reacted to some items of clothing. Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell denied categorically that any such procedure had happened.

The McCanns’ efforts to fight police leaks about scientific evidence said to prove that they had some hand in their daughter’s death saw the couple criticised yesterday by the English organisation analysing samples seized from the scene of Madeleine’s disappearance and the family hire car. The Forensic Science Service is frustrated that DNA examinations they have carried out for the Portuguese police were being rubbished by the publicity campaign launched by the McCanns.

Other details about what happened in the first hours after Madeleine disappeared

Police helicopters flew over Praia de la Luz yesterday as the hunt intensified for Madeleine McCann, who went missing from her bedroom in the apartment on Thursday night. Teams of officers used sniffer dogs to scour the resort, in the south-west of Portugal, where Gerald McCann, a cardiac surgeon, and his wife Kate, had taken their three young children - Madeleine and her younger brother and sister, who are twins - for a week-long holiday.

John Hill, the Ocean Club manager, said the alarm was raised by the family between 10pm and 10.15pm: “The staff, many guests and the best part of the village started looking right away, a total of 40 to 65 people. The police were called and started taking details from the family and then took the decision to escalate the search.

Nigel Ragg, head of marketing at Mark Warner Holidays, defended the police operation. “It was felt by our staff that the police reacted quickly. The search was escalated throughout the evening,” he said.

Police were conducting checks at airports and more than 150 officers were searching the area. Hundreds of tourists, British ex-pats and local Portuguese were also helping with the search.

Police search well organized
“A HUGE hunt was going on last night for three-year-old Maddy McCann, feared snatched from her holiday flat (...) Sky News weather presenter Jo Wheeler (*) said local police had been giving out maps and telling people where to look. She said: 'It's very well organised."
(*) A guest at Ocean resort...

Border airport authorities already allerted, Spanish police contacted
“Resort manager John Hill said around 60 staff and guests had searched until 4.30am yesterday as police contacted border authorities, neighbouring Spanish officers and airports. "There are a criminal investigator and around 20 officers here but unfortunately there's still no information. If I was in the McCanns' situation, I'd be frustrated as hell. If there were 100 police here I'd want more."

Apartment sealed, fingerprints taken
“Officers sealed off the five-storey holiday block with crime scene tape and fingerprinted the shutters and window sill outside Maddy's room. A patio to the rear of the block, believed to be attached to the family's two-bedroom apartment, was also sealed off.”

Philomena McCan: Police did “very litlle”
Speaking from her home in Glasgow, Philomena McCann, Madeleine’s aunt, said: “The local policeman was doing very little. The area was not cordoned off for hours and hours. Kate and Gerry [were] frustrated at the lack of activity. [The police] tried to downplay the enormity of it and said Madeleine had perhaps wandered off. That is the most ridiculous suggestion.”

Shutters smashed, Kate told to Jon Corner, the twins godfather
“Close family friend Jon Corner, of Liverpool, told that "Kate said the shutters of the room were smashed. Madeleine was missing. It looks as though someone had gone straight past the twins to get to her. Kate was incredibly upset. I've spoken to her since, and she's still completely devastated.”

Mark Warner management denies shutters smashed
“Mark Warner management denied there were signs of forced entry at the flat claiming instead that roller shutters had been slid up and the bedroom window opened.”

“(...) Brian Healy, Madeleine's maternal grandfather, told the Guardian his son-in-law had phoned him shortly after returning to the apartment from a nearby restaurant to find Madeleine had disappeared. "Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."

“Mark Warner, the holiday firm which runs the luxury resort, claimed last night there was no sign of a break in at the ground floor apartment overlooking the sea.”

McCann lawyer denies offer of a plea bargain
“Police were still questioning Gerry McCann when, already, his sister Philomena was telling Sky they had offered Kate McCann a reduced two-year sentence if she admitted to killing her daughter accidentally, hiding the body and then secretly disposing of it weeks later. On this occasion the police officers were right to be angry. Like many things said about the McCann affair over the past days and months, the story was wrong. There was no offer of a plea bargain. It had all been "a misunderstanding", the McCann lawyer, Carlos Pinto de Abreu, explained the following day.”

Paulo Reis & Duarte Levy Bron
  vrijdag 5 oktober 2007 @ 17:05:51 #150
1986 Jane
agnostic dyslexic insomniac
pi_53724435
quote:
Op vrijdag 5 oktober 2007 12:43 schreef Suko het volgende:
Kijk, dit is nou wel weer nieuws: British detectives: Madeleine WAS killed in holiday apartment
Nieuws dat het nu ook zo hardop gezegd wordt, zonder er omheen te draaien, ja. Maar eigenlijk was dat natuurlijk al duidelijk. Voor mij wel iig. Ik heb dat hier ook al eens geroepen. Wat nou, de McCanns zijn slachtoffer van de Portugese politie die ze een loer wil draaien? Niks daarvan! Pas toen de Britse politie zich ermee ging bemoeien zijn ze echt in the picture gekomen. En eerlijk gezegd denk ik dat de McCanns dat ook echt wel beseffen hoor. Het is alleen voor de publieke opinie handiger als mensen blijven denken dat het de Portugezen zijn die geen idee hebben wat ze aan het doen zijn.
Lying awake, wondering if there is a Dog...
Tijn won het Morlvision Songfestival 2023
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')