abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_53456075
Springsteen-forum. Maar de meeste foto's linken naar Photobucket, dus die zijn door aanwezigen zelf op het net gegooid...
pi_53456625
Hier toch nog wat foto's, Razer!

http://www.expressen.se/n(...)i-ashbury-park?img=1
pi_53457663
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 12:05 schreef Fargo het volgende:
Springsteen-forum. Maar de meeste foto's linken naar Photobucket, dus die zijn door aanwezigen zelf op het net gegooid...
Danjewel voor de link Fargo!
Toevallig ook nog linkje naar Springsteen-forum?
  dinsdag 25 september 2007 @ 13:52:44 #30
10757 ForrestX
It's been emotional...
pi_53458960
Met dank aan een goede vriend van mij die besloten heeft op 30 november 2007 te gaan trouwen ik heb hem te vergeefs geprobeerd over te halen om op een andere datum te trouwen ben ik op zoek naar het volgende:

2 kaarten voor het concert op 12 december 2007 in het Sportpaleis te Antwerpen. Het liefste staanplaatsen maar rang 1 zitten is uiteraard ook welkom (om mee te beginnen)

Allemaal ontzettend bedankt alvast!
[TK] GVB Golfregels (NGF) Boeken + DVD
Just a little lovin', early in the mornin'
Beats a cup of coffee for startin' off the day.
pi_53462842
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 13:52 schreef ForrestX het volgende:
Met dank aan een goede vriend van mij die besloten heeft op 30 november 2007 te gaan trouwen ik heb hem te vergeefs geprobeerd over te halen om op een andere datum te trouwen ben ik op zoek naar het volgende:

2 kaarten voor het concert op 12 december 2007 in het Sportpaleis te Antwerpen. Het liefste staanplaatsen maar rang 1 zitten is uiteraard ook welkom (om mee te beginnen)

Allemaal ontzettend bedankt alvast!
Hoe krijgt ie het in z''n hoofd!

Succes ermee. .
Still a little bit of your face I haven't kissed.
pi_53462879
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 11:51 schreef Fargo het volgende:
Nee, ik ben er helaas niet bij. Geen tijd. Neem je een mooie poster voor me mee?
Een poster? . Kan ik een poster krijgen? .

Ik weet niet of ik de cd wel ga kopen daar hoor, heb 'm online al voor geen geld gezien, en ik blijf student natuurlijk. Maar ik ben toevallig sowieso in Utrecht, de Stairway is een leuke tent, en ik ben nieuwsgierig hoe zoiets gaat!
pi_53463064
Die poster krijg je sowieso als je komt. Hoef je de CD niet eens voor te kopen die avond

Ik ben ook geen student overigens en ik wacht ook keurig tot Magic in de aanbiedingenbak ligt, hoor
  dinsdag 25 september 2007 @ 17:00:03 #34
10757 ForrestX
It's been emotional...
pi_53463594
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 16:28 schreef DevilsAndDust het volgende:

[..]

Hoe krijgt ie het in z''n hoofd!

Succes ermee. .
Thanks!

k zit nu te twijfelen...misschien moet ik maar op zoek naar zitplaatsen Rang 1 in Antwerpen..

Mijn vriendin is dan bevallen en kan denk ik nog geen concert lang staan, en als we gaan moet ze mee!
  dinsdag 25 september 2007 @ 17:26:48 #35
152771 GooseFM
Sleep is good books are better
pi_53464300
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 10:30 schreef Fargo het volgende:

[..]

Asbury Park Rehearsal Show 24-09-2007

1. Radio Nowhere
2. No Surrender
3. Gypsy Biker
4. Empty Sky
5. Something in the Night
6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
7. Night
8. Promised Land
9. Livin' in the Future
10. Devil's Arcade
11. Candy's Room
12. She's the One
13. Lonesome Day
14. My Hometown
15. The Rising
16. Last to Die
17. Long Walk Home
18. Thundercrack
19. Born to Run
20. Darlington County
21. American Land

[afbeelding]
[afbeelding]
[afbeelding]
[afbeelding]
staat ie al ergens in een torrent?

Gaaf! Ben benieuwd naar deze verzie van She's the One
|| “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear ||
pi_53466841
Van JoeZap op het Greasylake.org forum:
quote:
My thoughts in no particluar order...

Show ended a little over an hour ago, Bruce and the boys (and girls) played for about two hours, since they didn't take the stage until around 8:35 PM. It was one of the shorter shows I've seen Bruce play with the E Street Band, not counting things like Amnesty tour, where he was sharing the stage. Overall, the band was fairly tite for a first show, though there were two songs, can't recall which, they seemed a little out of sorts, a measure off-key or sumthin', but I'm no musicologist.

Bruce was happy but businesslike, which is to be expected for a first show. Not much talkin' at all. He was most animated when playing guitar on a couple of the new tunes, like he was really trying to get the audience into the songs. He didn't do any 'acrobatics' - no jumping on the piano or wetting of his pants (NO, not THAT way) and sliding down into Clarence's waiting frame. Nothing like that occurred; though he did go over a couple of times and kinda half-hug the big man.

I was very surprised he did not play Magic. It is the title song, by Bruce's decision, and with its anti-administration context, I thought for sure he would have played it tonight. I still expect it in Hartford. Maybe he feels the band needs to rehearse it more.

My assigned seat was on the side of the stage, but with the stage (it appeared as though they were using the actual stage they will tour with) extending out so far, I decided to move to a spot where I stood standing in the back of the hall, so I wasn't as close to the stage, but I could see the band head on. Bruce commented about the lack of air conditioning in the place (once again, for those who recall The Rising shows) and I believe he was sweating a lot, though it was tough for me to see that (there were no video screens). Clarence, like all of us, is gettting older. I spoke with a guy after the show who thought there was no way the big man was gonna hold up throughout the whole tour. I hear that is one of Bruce's concerns as well.

Band was basically dressed in black and in 'regular' positions, as far as I can remember about prevous tours -- From left to right, up front, Clarence, Nils, Gary, Bruce, Stevie, Patti, a little further back, left to right, Danny, Max, Suzie, Roy. there was no horn section, nor any other musicians than regular ten mentioned. Nils, I thought, was kind of absent from show until encores, brief solo with Bruce on Thundercrack and again with Bruce and Patti on Darlington County.

It was interesting to watch the people who knew the words to the new songs. Some of them almost seemed to be 'showing off' as they danced and sang, turning around as if to see who was watching them sing the songs to these 'yet unreleased' ditties. Overall, he only played about seven new songs. Surprisingly he did not play Terry's Song, as I know some from the Asbury area who knew him personally were there tonight. If he didn't play it tonight, I wonder if he will ever play it in concert this tour. Hopefully tomorrow night.

I think the seven new songs, as to be expected for songs not even officially released yet, were the slowest part of the evening. Some seemed, IMHO, to go over flat. I thought of the new songs, Radio Nowhere, Last To Die and Long Walk Home had the most/best reaction from the audience. Though I am sure others will say they liked Girls in Their Summer Clothes, and Bruce obviously wants it to work, that song still doesn't grab me at all.

Storyteller Bruce was, for the most part, absent from the show.

Specific song notes:

Empty Sky - Even with its new arrangement it is still not a dancing song. Why the two ladies in front of me a section over were dancing like school girls to this song (mere familiarity?) is beyond me.

Something in the Night - Awesome, nuff said.

Night - Ditto

Promised Land - It was nice to see Bruce throw his harmonica to a small child who was atop an adult's shoulders after this song. As many of you know, Bruce truly seems to enjoy when youngsters are at the show and pointed to and smiled at this child during the song right before his harmonica solo. Bruce seemed quite happy playing this tune.

Livin' in the Future - Bruce tried to play off the energy of Night and Promised Land by going right into this new song. The audience bought his little trick, until he began his pre-written PSA about what the song was about -- politics and the things this current American administration has brought to us. What a kill joy. You could almost feel the energy immediately sapped out of the venue. The song was then played to a flat audience.

Candy's Room - Didn't get as excited about this tune as I used to. Still get a kick out of people who don't realize what it is until the first lyrics.

She's the One - Love it; wish it had extended intro.

Lonesome Day - Thought back to when I heard the tune for the first time ever at the exact same venue for a Rising rehearsal show. Made me misty eyed.

The Rising - Again got misty-eyed as the people stood up after the synthesizer opening. A little weird hearing this in the middle of a set and not opening the show. crowd was into it, as they were for Lonesome Day.

Last to Die - Very good live, as I thought it would be.

Thundercrack - I just heard Bruce Springsteen play Thundercrack with the E Street Band in Asbury Park. Need I say more? (Yes, I was dancing like a fool.)

Born to Run - I never get tired of this song and, for the third time in the evening, got misty-eyed as everyone's hands were raised for the extended solo right before the final verse. A spiritual moment. Bruce was totally into the crowd's response and really milked it. You could see he was once again enjoying himself on stage. Personally, while I know it is far too early to know for sure, I suspect none of the new songs will ever get the kind of reception, warmth, energy level as when he plays the 'gems' that give these E Street Band shows their legendary epic, spiritual and breath-takin', earth-shakin', history-makin' feel.

I wish he would have ended with Land of Hope and Dreams, not American Land, but I am not complaining.

Nu maar wachten op de bootleg
  dinsdag 25 september 2007 @ 21:35:08 #37
37966 TimoBasso
Vai Vai,we need Bayliss
pi_53471238
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 17:00 schreef ForrestX het volgende:

[..]

Thanks!

k zit nu te twijfelen...misschien moet ik maar op zoek naar zitplaatsen Rang 1 in Antwerpen..

Mijn vriendin is dan bevallen en kan denk ik nog geen concert lang staan, en als we gaan moet ze mee!
Heeft rang 1 geen beperkt gezicht?
SKB | Michel Fabrizio | Noriyuki Haga
MotoGP | World Champion 2006 Nicky Hayden | World Champion 2007 Casey Stoner
Alice Team | Mika Kallio | Niccolò Canepa
pi_53471348
Mooie foto, ForrestX. . Wanneer wordt het kindje verwacht? Ze heeft iig al een prachtige buik!
pi_53479660
Asbury Park Rehearsal Show II 25-09-2007

Show start at 8.40 am

1. Radio Nowhere
2. Prove It All Night
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Magic
6. Night
7. She’s the One
8. Livivn’in The future
9. Promised Land
10. Town Called heartbreak ( Patti Scialfa song )
11. Darlington County
12. Born In The Usa
13. Devil’s Arcade
14. The Rising
15. Last to Die
16. Long Walk Home
17. Badlands
18. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
19. Thundercrack
20. Born To Run
21. American Land

Show over at 10.48 am local time

Night two of rehearsals by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at Asbury Park's Convention Hall was a much tighter and cohesive performance than Monday.
The sound was much better, the band seemed to on the same page and the setlist did flow better.
Show started at 8:40 p.m.
Bruce led the band out and said "Good evening guinea pigs. We had a good time last night. We did F *** up a bit."
Then Bruce said "Is Any one alive out there?"
And he broke into
1. Radio Nowhere
As I wrote last night, this is a great opener. There's a jamming part toward the end of the song which reminded me of how Bruce and Max really got into it toward the end of "My Love Will Not Let You Down" on the Reunions Tour.

2. Prove It All Night
What can you say. It's a classic. Seeing Steve and Bruce trade the "yeah" "yeah" at the end is still awesome after all these years.
I felt this worked much better as a second song than "No Surrender" last night.

3. Lonesome Day
Completed a nice three-pack for the opener.

4. Gypsy Biker
Bruce dedicated this to "friends who has lost some friends in Iraq."
Steven has a nice guitar solo in this song.

Before the next song, Bruce went over to talk to Danny and Max. Not sure if there was talking about how something was played on Gypsy Biker or setting up the next song which was:

5. Magic
Bruce said: "We are living in a time when some things that seem true are a lie and things we think are a lie are the truth. Hey it's true, I saw it on TV.
"Watch out for that magic."
Basically its just Bruce on an acoustic guitar then Patti joins in with him on some of the vocals. She does those repeat parts.
Soozie also plays some violin.
Bruce and Patti kissed at the end of the song.
Bruce then said: "Gentlemen, prepare yourself" and the band broke into

6. Night
Rocked as usual, got the crowd up.

7. She's the One
Another song that rocks. Bruce is all over the stage on this song. He works the sides from one end to the other.

At the end of the song Bruce said: "Welcome to the world famous air conditiioned Convention Hall. Some day everthing comes back and so will the air conditioning."
It was again hot in Convention Hall, but not as bad as Monday night, I though.

8. Livin' In the Future
Bruce said this was the first song he wrote for the new record. He mentioned how some things are what they are, like "Cheesebrugers, hot dogs, the Jersey Shore, and motorcycles. Then there some things that are happening like wire tapping, torture and oversupression.
Things that were not American but anti-American are happening in this country now."

9. Promised Land
Nice guitar work by Nils and Steve together, just as in past tours,.
One of my female friends wanted me to mention that Bruce make sure he turns his back to the audience when he struts across the stage on this song so his female fans can see his butt.
OK, I mentioned it.

10. Town Called Heartbreak.
From Patti Scialfa's new album. Bruce said this was a "work in progress."
At first Patti's guitar wasn't working and she had to change guitars.
Bruce said "A guitar is a sexy thing!"
Bruce and Patti trade lead vocals. Nils, Soozie and Clarence join in on the backup vocals. Nils also plays some guitar.
It is a work in progress but could/will turn out to be a nice duet with Bruce and Patti.
Bruce told the audience that Patti's new album is in the stores now.

11. Darlington County
Probably better here than in an encore spot. Again Bruce works the entire stage. Clarence and Soozie play off each other with the sax and violin. Works well.

12.Born in the USA
Great live song. Hasn't changed much from the past. Crowd always loves it.

13. Devil's Arcade
Bruce again dedicated this "to the Iraqui War veterans."
Powerful song, although the crowd seems slow in reacting to it.

14. The Rising
A little sound distortion in the beginning with Soozie's violin then everything was fine.
15. Last To Die
I like this song in concert. Should play well.

16. Long Walk Home
I thought this would be the set closer but Bruce surprised us when the band kept hitting away and they went into:

17. Badlands
Got the crowd up. Everyone was doing the "whooo -ooooh -ohhhh" parts.
Never thought of this as the main set closer but I thought it worked well.

Main set ends at 10:15 p.m.

Bruce said "Can you hear us on the beach?" as they had opened up the doors on the north side of Convention Hall and the people on the boardwalk and beach were able to hear and see a bit.
Encores:
18. Girls in their Summer Clothes
Bruce said: "How's it doing outside. It's a beautiful night out there. Nice and cool in here too," he said kiddingly.
He continued: "This is for everyone on the beach and the Girls in their Summer Clothes.
Nice sax solo by Clarence toward the end.

19. Thundercrack
Bruce said: "This is one of the first songs I wrote. Goes back to the original band. Clarence, Danny, Garry and Mad Dog Vincent Lopez wherever he may be tonight.
"We learned this as our first showstopper. I also thought this song was kind of weird."
This was always one of my favorite Bruce songs from the early bootlegs and I love hearing it by the E Street Band in 2007. Not sure much of the crowd is familair with the song though.
Nice jam by Soozie, Nils, Clarence and Bruce toward the end.
Bruce had some fun with the crowd on the "All Night" parts.
Bruce blew a kiss to the crowd at the end of the song.

20. Born to Run
Just as last night and 500 other shows. House lights go up, crowd goes crazy.
Bruce introducted the band at the end of the song.

Bruce talked about how good it was to be back in Asbury Park and to rehearse there. He said "Asbury Park is back and the town is alive. Thank you to the folks who have been supporting it. Visiti downtown, go visit Lance and Debbie across the stret at the Wonder Bar."
Clarence then came over and said something to Bruce and Bruce said:
"Clarence was playing the Wonder Bar when I first met him. I was playing the Student Prince and Clarence walked over and that was the first time we played together and the start of our friendship."
Bruce then brought up Jeremy Chatzky and Kurt Ramm from the Seeger Sessions Band for the finale:

21. American Land
Bruce spoke a little bit about some of the great American music he played on the Seeger Sessions Tour. Jeremey played the stand-up bass and Curt Ramm played the trumpet.
Double accordian play again by Danny and Roy.

Some notes:
I thought this was a much better show than Monday. Just seemed much more together and cohesive. Set list worked better.
They still have some kinks to work out but it will be a fun show to see and will have you rocking.
Saw Bruce's mom and aunts in the crowd tonight as well as Jesse Malin. Greg Liszt, the banjo player from the Sessions Band, was also at the show.
That's it for the rehearsals in Asbury Park.
Thank you for reading my reports and for the feedback. I appreciate it.
  woensdag 26 september 2007 @ 09:34:05 #40
10757 ForrestX
It's been emotional...
pi_53479866
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 21:38 schreef DevilsAndDust het volgende:
Mooie foto, ForrestX. . Wanneer wordt het kindje verwacht? Ze heeft iig al een prachtige buik!
Thanks, ik zal de complimenten doorgeven 24 oktober...een klein maandje dus nog!

fijne setlist btw hierboven

[ Bericht 11% gewijzigd door ForrestX op 26-09-2007 09:40:09 ]
  woensdag 26 september 2007 @ 09:39:38 #41
10757 ForrestX
It's been emotional...
pi_53479955
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 21:35 schreef TimoBasso het volgende:

[..]

Heeft rang 1 geen beperkt gezicht?
geen idee...in mijn beleving is Rang 1 de beste rang, daarna Rang 2...3 etc...
pi_53482452
quote:
Op woensdag 26 september 2007 09:39 schreef ForrestX het volgende:

[..]

geen idee...in mijn beleving is Rang 1 de beste rang, daarna Rang 2...3 etc...
Klopt, waren ook de duurste kaarten.
Verheug me er steets meer op

[ Bericht 14% gewijzigd door Razer op 26-09-2007 11:40:32 ]
pi_53483417
Nog maar 2 maanden!
"Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little piece by piece"
last.fm | Rate Your Music | MusicMeter | top 100 nummers | top 100 albums | top 50 2013 | top 100 jazz | Onze-blog: pat-sounds
  woensdag 26 september 2007 @ 17:50:59 #44
124375 LeroyBrown
Bring back that Leroy Brown!
pi_53492203
quote:
Op dinsdag 25 september 2007 12:25 schreef Fargo het volgende:
Hier toch nog wat foto's, Razer!

http://www.expressen.se/n(...)i-ashbury-park?img=1
Ik heb nog een aantal exemplaren van deze krant liggen met een flink artikel over het rehearsalconcert, met een foto van Bruce en Patti in hun auto erboven. Als er hier nog liefhebbers zijn, die het niet kan schelen dat het artikel in het Zweeds is en gewoon alles willen hebben , wil ik best tegen onkostenvergoeding een krantje opsturen. Ik denk dat het uitkomt op een euro of 5-7 voor de hele krant. Alleen de pagina met het artikel is natuurlijk een stuk goedkoper.
[i]Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfied, till he rules everything[/i]
pi_53513547
-edit- Niet toegestaan. -edit-
quote:
Weet alleen niet of dit hier mag
Niet dus.

[ Bericht 49% gewijzigd door nipeng op 30-09-2007 13:15:46 ]
pi_53518268
Earl_J_Hickey dankjewel voor de linkjes!
pi_53518276
weet iemand of er nog kaarten voor een normale prijs?
dit vind ik te duur!!! maar ik kan niks vinden
www.rang1tickets.nl/concerten/Bruce_Springsteen.nl
nirvana RULEZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  donderdag 27 september 2007 @ 18:18:46 #48
152771 GooseFM
Sleep is good books are better
pi_53522427
echt betrouwbaar ziet het er niet uit
|| “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear ||
  donderdag 27 september 2007 @ 18:34:28 #49
17114 Pistol_Pete
Hard to be a saint in the city
pi_53522763
TVP
[b]Stay Hard, Stay Hungry, Stay Alive[/b]
pi_53523230
Er staat nog één aanbieding voor een veldkaart open voor Antwerpen op trampslikeus...
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')