pi_70096931
Nog een leuke plaat, maar misschien een beetje moeilijk in te komen:
Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice - Xiao
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
pi_70097133
quote:
Op woensdag 17 juni 2009 14:22 schreef wallofdolls het volgende:
Wat n mooie hoes
Ik heb haar ook al een keer live mogen zien in een lege paradiso, ze stond samen met andere psych-meesters Jacky-o-motherfucker en Inca Ore in het voorprogramma van M83.
pi_70100907

Yume Bitsu - Yume Bitsu

Psychedelische post-rock/shoegaze
pi_70101680

The Head Shop - The Head Shop
  woensdag 17 juni 2009 @ 20:18:25 #131
156288 wallofdolls
Making love with my ego
pi_70108543

The Amazing Band - Roar
quote:
The Musicians:

Robert Wyatt - percussionist extraordinaire, then of Soft Machine, who played with the Amazing Band on many occasions, seemed to produce inspirational rhythms, sounds and vocal interjections at the exact and only possible moment. Both as an ordinary bloke and philosopher of the avant garde, Robert made a great deal of difference to the weight of this music.

Jim Mullen - the wonderfully soulful jazz guitarists of then and forever, let his copious hair down on this recording, playing deep, open string bass, underpinning and warming the disparate music around him.

Mick Brennan - always slightly distracted, favoured playing very near, shoulder to shoulder, with a very vocal tone, always bringing out the emotional aspect of any musical context.

Veleroy Spall - developed his own vocabulary for violin, and weaved sounds dramatically and unexpectedly into the couldron of musical possibility.

Maia Spell - often worked with the band in the early years at Pentameters, using her voice instrumentally. Mal called it "snake charming" but there are seagulls, swoops and swing enlivening and touching the music.

Chris Francis - G.L.C. Young Musician of the Year, stepped by for a while to add some accomplished bebop sounds on the second selection.

Mal Dean - was a creator and innovator more than a trumpeter but he knew how it went and always lead the band in the direction of honestly, cutting through the remotest sign of bullshit. the music here was specially his creation.
pi_70110498

Ik luister de laatste tijd ook vrij vaak naar les rallizes denudes met flightless bird, kan eigenlijk al hun albums wel aanraden.
quote:
Les Rallizes Dénudés (裸のラリーズ, Hadaka no Rallizes) was één van de vroegste en meest revolutionaire Japanse psychedelic rock bands, geformeerd in 1967. Ze spelen al 4 decennia lang samen en ze leiden een obscuur en teruggetrokken bestaan, zelfs in hun thuisland. De band wordt tevens verantwoordelijk gesteld als de grondlegger van het genre Noise rock. De muziek was rauw en met veel distortion. Hedendaags wordt de band gezien als een legende en hebben ze een wel erkende cult-status.

Ze toerden zelden en brachten een gelimiteerd aantal platen uit, zonder waarneembaar label. Ondanks de onbekendheid heeft de band grote impact en invloed gehad op de hedendaagse noise rock/psychedelic, maar ook avantgarde-scene.
  zondag 21 juni 2009 @ 19:34:01 #133
156288 wallofdolls
Making love with my ego
pi_70229241

White Noise - An Electric Storm (1969)
quote:
In 1969 White Noise released the groundbreaking album An Electric Storm on Island Records. The album was created using a variety of tape manipulation techniques, and is notable for its early use of the first British synthesizer, the EMS Synthi VCS3. Amongst many oddities, the first track on the album Love Without employed sped-up tape edits of Vorhaus playing the double bass to create violin and cello sounds.

'I use voices a lot too, but not as conventional vocals. I always use a lot of voices, and if somebody having an orgasm in the background is used as part of one of the waveforms, it makes the sound more interesting, without the listener actually knowing what they're hearing.' Interview with David Vorhaus

Although not initially commercially successful for Island, it has over the years proved to be a cult classic, going on to sell hundreds of thousands of copies worldwide, namechecked by such contemporary artists as The Orb and Julian Cope, influencing contemporary acts such as Broadcast, Add N to (X), and Secret Chiefs 3.

A brief extract from An Electric Storm can be heard in the Hammer Film Productions film Dracula AD 1972.
  zondag 21 juni 2009 @ 20:13:54 #134
156288 wallofdolls
Making love with my ego
pi_70230599
quote:
Op woensdag 17 juni 2009 14:03 schreef xpompompomx het volgende:
Dit topique begint goed op stoom te komen!

OT:
Valet - Blood is Clean
[ afbeelding ]
Klinkt echt heel erg naar John Cale, die ik ook in dit topic postte. Vind je dit tof, moet je ook zeker die van John Cale horen, hoewel die wel wat verder gaat in freakerigheid volgens mij.
pi_70232986
quote:
Op zondag 21 juni 2009 20:13 schreef wallofdolls het volgende:

[..]

Klinkt echt heel erg naar John Cale, die ik ook in dit topic postte. Vind je dit tof, moet je ook zeker die van John Cale horen, hoewel die wel wat verder gaat in freakerigheid volgens mij.
jaja, die kennen we Maar aangezien ik een zwak heb voor vrouwen die 'aparte' muziek maken deze post.
pi_70514089
quote:
Op dinsdag 16 juni 2009 22:08 schreef arucard het volgende:
[ afbeelding ]
astra
Een nieuwe band volgens mij, erg goed. Wat King Crimson achtig soms.
Ze hebben pas een nieuw album uit, The Weirding

Dat is inderdaad net King Crimson, klinkt wel tof, 70's progressive rock, lekker retro bandje.
pi_70515782

Niet echt een onbekende, maar wel een fantastische psychedelische plaat

Country Joe & the Fish - Electric Music for the Mind and Body
  dinsdag 30 juni 2009 @ 16:38:06 #138
156288 wallofdolls
Making love with my ego
pi_70518308
quote:
Op dinsdag 30 juni 2009 14:18 schreef trebremmit het volgende:

[..]

Dat is inderdaad net King Crimson, klinkt wel tof, 70's progressive rock, lekker retro bandje.
Over King Crimson klonen gesproken:

dinsdag 30 juni 2009 @ 16:58:33 #139
215658 Trashcanman
I talk to planets baby!
pi_70518889
Is Sir Richard Bishop ook nog een beetje ontopic? Vind het bij vlagen iig wel aardig psychelisch.

pi_70957473
Hier nog een fijne, drugsachtige, soms sexueel geladen combo van darkwave en shoegaze:
  dinsdag 14 juli 2009 @ 10:02:20 #141
135509 schaap001
Ik bedoel maar te zeggen:
pi_70958535
The Dukes of Stratosphear - Chips from the Chocolate Fireball (1987)

Side project van XTC's Andy Partridge en Colin Moulding!
quote:
During the mid-'80s, XTC developed a deep fascination with '60s psychedelia that manifested itself on their late-1986 masterpiece Skylarking. While Skylarking was filled with lush pop reminiscent of the Beatles and Beach Boys, it was generally a sober affair, since they decided to leave many of the lighter songs off the album for B-sides and future albums.

During this time, they decided to develop their alter egos of the Dukes of Stratosphear, a way to let all of their infatuation with psychedelia flourish. Both the EP 25 O'Clock and the full-length Psonic Psunspot, collected on the single-disc Chips From the Chocolate Fireball, capture the sound of '60s psychedelia remarkably well. All of the sonic details, from the fuzz guitars to the cavernous echoes and sound effects, are in place, as are the self-consciously trippy lyrics.

But what makes the Dukes of Stratosphear far more than a comedy band are the songs, which happen to be some of the best pure pop tunes XTC ever wrote: "My Love Explodes" has a tense, spiraling guitar line and melody; "Little Lighthouse" and "You're My Drug" are wonderful pastiches; "The Mole From the Ministry" is a devilish homage to "I Am the Walrus" and Bowie; and the group rarely wrote a song as infectious as the bright, jangling "Vanishing Girl."

Despite the clever craftsmanship, XTC has never sounded so carefree or effortless, been quite as immediately catchy or consistent — Chips From the Chocolate Fireball is too good to be overlooked as a side-project folly, because it truly is some of the best music XTC ever made.

And, coincidentally, it's some of the best psychedelic pop ever recorded as well.

dinsdag 14 juli 2009 @ 12:07:41 #142
248754 HairyArsedIrishman
I just raped your sheep...
pi_70962028
tvp
Messin' with the Kid.
Alt en gries durf ge werre, bloos neej vrèk...
Celtic FC | VVV Venlo | Nijmegen Devils | Edmonton Oilers | FC Nordsjælland
pi_72003467
*schop*

Wie kent deze nog?
Met oa Jason Pierce van Spacemen3 en later ook met Thighpaulsandra van Coil.

Spiritualized - Lazer guided melodies

Ladies en gentlemen we are floating in space

pi_107776875
Ik dacht van, ik schop dit culttopic eens nieuw leven in met een nieuw album uit 2012.

woensdag 8 februari 2012 @ 23:50:16 #145
17051 HAL9000S
you can become gitano...
pi_107776897
Wauw, dit topic.... dat is lang geleden.

Uzumaki_Naruto ;( _O_
Cop killer
Kill all the cops tonight
Kill them, cop killer
Kill all the cops in sight
pi_107777763
Kent iemand de LP The Collectors van The Collectors uit 1968?
Ik kreeg de LP van mijn vader, die vertelde dat ze daar vroeger in het jeugdhonk hasj op zaten te roken

Zoekende naar wat achtergrond-info kwam ik er zojuist achter dat hun sax-solo is gebruikt door Radio Veronica, toen het nog geen commercieel baggerstation was!

quote:
De What Love Suite werd in Amsterdamse hippie tenten als Fantasio en Paradiso even veel gedraaid als In-A-Gada-Da-Vida, de sax-solo uit die kant-lange track werd begin 70s door Veronica als tune gebruikt en toch is deze wonderschone plaat totaal uit het oog en het oor geraakt.

Onbegrijpelijk want de songs zijn zonder uitzondering van hoog nivo. Prachtige drama's als beide What Love tracks, Howard Christman's & One Act Play worden afgewisseld met lichte hapjes als She & Lydia Purple. Als muzikanten zijn ze ook niet echt verkeerd, Dave Hassinger gebruikte ze in om David Axelrod's Mass In F-Minor af te maken toen de Electric Prunes niet tegen de taak opgewassen bleken en met Howie Vickers hebben een leadzanger van formaat in de gelederen. Vette aanrader !
Dit is één kant van de LP, helaas alleen in 2 delen online te vinden:

Als je met Google naar 'collectors 1968 torrent' zoekt kun je het nummer in z'n geheel luisteren na downloaden.
Mocht een mod deze tip té pro-downloaden vinden, haal dan maar weg.
  Moderator donderdag 9 februari 2012 @ 10:14:28 #147
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_107782439
Uzumaki topic ;(
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
  Moderator donderdag 9 februari 2012 @ 10:18:12 #148
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_107782511
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 21 juni 2009 19:34 schreef wallofdolls het volgende:
[ afbeelding ]

White Noise - An Electric Storm (1969)

[..]

^O^ ik heb deze inmiddels op LP

Trouwens vind ik dat red krayola en volcano! (die van het album beautiful seizure) hier ook genoemd moeten worden, al zijn die meer chaotisch dan psychedelisch persee.
pi_107784665

quote:
Roy Montgomery:
"The Dadamah album I look back upon as an exercise in weaving tunes into cacophony. The other members of the band had the energy and enthusiasm for experimentation and I had the "hooks", to put it crudely. I thought the common ground for us in Dadamah was that terrain occupied by Pere Ubu and the Red Crayola in their debut records, so I think I had that always at the back of my mind in trying write tunes to go with the words and ideas of the other members.
quote:
9s.gif Op donderdag 9 februari 2012 10:14 schreef Bosbeetle het volgende:
Uzumaki topic ;(
Ik kwam pas iets later op fok, maar wat ik er van heb begrepen was het een goede gast en een echte aanwinst voor Muz.
  Moderator donderdag 9 februari 2012 @ 13:48:57 #150
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_107789565
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 9 februari 2012 11:27 schreef On het volgende:
[ afbeelding ]

[..]

[..]

Ik kwam pas iets later op fok, maar wat ik er van heb begrepen was het een goede gast en een echte aanwinst voor Muz.
Jazeker met een briliante smaak! Zijn broertje zit nu ook op fok maar die is meer ONZ :D
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')